1.    #1  
    Hey Guys, Newbe here. Thanks for all the great info from everyone on all the issues out there.

Question, I have my 650 (and LOVE it), and I want to transfer all of my old SMS messages from my old 600 to my new 650. I have alot of information and would like to keep my threads going. Has anyone heard of how to do this? I did a search and found nothing anywere...... Not sure if this has been done yet.

Thanks for the help,
    John
    As far as I know...if you have the "Backup" conduit in HotSync active, it should simply save your SMS database. I believe it is in the file Messages_Database.PDB, in the Backup folder for your profile on your PC. So if you save that file, you can install it on the 650.
    What's up with that name??

Yes I think awesterink has it right.
  4.    #4  
    I tried it with the backup, and then I added them into my next sync with my 650. They dont show when I swich to my SMS menu, not sure why if you guys have had luck with this.... AAAAHHHHH. When I switched over I saved my old Treos info under the "BackupOld" file and when I look into that file I see all the individual SMS's in there, but not that one file you mentioned. But, it is in the Backup file for the new Treo. I copied all the individual one over, but they done appear.

Hey Woof, lol, this is just my Email address since High School. Not trying to steal it from ya, lol...
    Did you ever get a fix for this? I want to be able to see my old 600 sms messages on my new 650 too and couldn't get it to work.
    I just got my new 650 and all set in cloning my old 600 into the new 650, except the SMS messages I had in 600 can't be transferred into the 650. Anybody can help me with this issue? Any clue would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris
    Have you found the solution yet ? yes I am having the same problem here.
    HELP I AM LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM BELOW:

I replaced my Palm Treo 600 with a Palm Treo 650. First I hot synced and backed my Palm 600 data. I installed the new Palm 650 software in the same location the Palm 600 desktop software was installed. My t-mobile SIM was placed in the Palm 650 and all data seemed to transfer. The exception to this was my text messages from my 600. The 600 used the application SMS v.1.0.1 to log text messages. The Treo 650 uses Messaging v.2.0. Any new messages that I have received since switching the phones use the later application. I really need to keep the “old” messages and would like them to transfer. It appears as if the SMS application is locked so I can not beam it over to the Treo 650. Is there a way to beam locked applications? I have another question. Are these messages stored on the SIM card .. or are they a application that should have been picked up when I installed the new Palm Desktop software?

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?
    I replaced my Palm Treo 600 with a Palm Treo 650. First I hot synced and backed my Palm 600 data. I installed the new Palm 650 software in the same location the Palm 600 desktop software was installed. My t-mobile SIM was placed in the Palm 650 and all data seemed to transfer. The exception to this was my text messages from my 600. The 600 used the application SMS v.1.0.1 to log text messages. The Treo 650 uses Messaging v.2.0. Any new messages that I have received since switching the phones use the later application. I really need to keep the “old” messages and would like them to transfer. It appears as if the SMS application is locked so I can not beam it over to the Treo 650. Is there a way to beam locked applications? I have another question. Are these messages stored on the SIM card .. or are they a application that should have been picked up when I installed the new Palm Desktop software?

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?

I've been search for an answer for 3 weeks. Should I give up???
    Completely different database files.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think funSMS has a desktop conduit that helps manage the sms database. It may be possible to at least extract and save the old sms database via the software:

http://www.fun4palm.com/x4/produkte/...r%20funSMS.asp

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <merged>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions