1.    #1  
    Has this happened to anyone else? Battery was fully charged before I went to bed. In the morning it was at 4% and shortly after it powered itself off and wouldn't power up unless charger was plugged in. Didn't lose any data, that was good.
    Has not happened to me, but you might want to check if you have any background apps or anything that triggers at night. I've found that the 650 behaves differently to running apps than the 600 (I prefer the 650 behavior but others might not). For example if I'm running a slideshow in SplashPhoto, the 600 always powers off after the timeout period no matter what (even if plugging into AC). The 650 however goes and runs the slideshow until I say stop. It seems like the 650 gives the app more flexibility in playing (probably because of the flash they aren't as concerned about running out of power) but it could ran the device if something unintended was running.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Has not happened to me, but you might want to check if you have any background apps or anything that triggers at night. I've found that the 650 behaves differently to running apps than the 600 (I prefer the 650 behavior but others might not). For example if I'm running a slideshow in SplashPhoto, the 600 always powers off after the timeout period no matter what (even if plugging into AC). The 650 however goes and runs the slideshow until I say stop. It seems like the 650 gives the app more flexibility in playing (probably because of the flash they aren't as concerned about running out of power) but it could ran the device if something unintended was running.
    Also check and make sure that you have a good cell signal wherever you leave it for the night. If I leave my phone on a table in the hallway it will go in and out of service all night long and kill the battery searching for a signal. But, if I leave it on my nightstand it will have plenty of signal to keep it from searching though the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Has this happened to anyone else? Battery was fully charged before I went to bed. In the morning it was at 4% and shortly after it powered itself off and wouldn't power up unless charger was plugged in. Didn't lose any data, that was good.

Did you ever find out why? I am experiencing this problem and it's driving me crazy. Not sure if it is related to the disconnect issues with versamail (won't disconnect) or something else... Let me know what you found out.

Amy
    I used kblightsoff to keep the keyboard light off and my battery drained overnight as well. It was the last thing I had installed so I rebooted and removed it. It seemed to work properly, I don't know if it's the problem, but I didn't want to take any chances. So I just go blind using the phone at night. =)
    My GSM 650 did this on the first night. Among other problems rebooting and freezing I took it back and my replacement unit has been faultless.

It sounds like to me that it's a faulty phone just like mine.
    I had the same problem after I installed verichat using the always on feature. After I turned it off at night the problem went away. As bcaslis says check for programs running it the back ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by pattjin
    I used kblightsoff to keep the keyboard light off and my battery drained overnight as well. It was the last thing I had installed so I rebooted and removed it. It seemed to work properly, I don't know if it's the problem, but I didn't want to take any chances. So I just go blind using the phone at night. =)
    As the developer of KB LightsOff I should say that the program isn't even running when you are not using the device. I am pretty sure it is unrelated to this problem.
    Last edited by silverado; 02/20/2005 at 06:23 PM.
    Once and a while I see this, I usually find out though it's a result of an alarm for me that went off that I forgot to clear i.e. datebk5....just my .02 YMMV.

Steve
  10.    #10  
    I exchanged the phone that I had the dead battery problem (due to another more serious problem that was demonstrable) and have not experienced it with the new phone. Never found the cause of it though.