1.    #1  
    Well, I was playing around with the new movie mode and was surprised to see that I can now send the captured video to someone much like the Picture Mail. However, Sprint will want their pound of flesh - $5/month!

Needless to say, I'm a bit miffed. I might give them a call and ask nicely to have it put on there gratis. I spend enough $$ with them!
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Bleh, nothing new. Just use versamail or snappermail and attach the video to a message. Then you don't need picturemail or videomail.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, only problem is that it comes in the attachment as a .3g2 file, which turns out to require a new Quicktime player. I'm in the process of downloading and installing it to see if it works OK.

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  4.    #4  
    Turns out you need the newest (v6.5) player, which forces you to download/install iTunes as well. Player works fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Well, I was playing around with the new movie mode and was surprised to see that I can now send the captured video to someone much like the Picture Mail. However, Sprint will want their pound of flesh - $5/month!

Needless to say, I'm a bit miffed. I might give them a call and ask nicely to have it put on there gratis. I spend enough $$ with them!
    If you have the original $10 vision plan, the picture and video mail is included, at least in my case.
  6.    #6  
    I do indeed have the $10 unlimited Vision plan from ~2 years ago, but was still told I'd have to cough up the $5/mo for the Video Mail. The logic that I had gotten Picture Mail included for free escaped the rep.

You do not need to download iTunes to get 6.5. Look around on the download page some, and you will find a link to just download quicktime. That's what I did.
    Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    I do indeed have the $10 unlimited Vision plan from ~2 years ago, but was still told I'd have to cough up the $5/mo for the Video Mail. The logic that I had gotten Picture Mail included for free escaped the rep.
    I have that $10 plan too and it does include picture mail. I have not used the video mail yet. How did you know that video mail was not included? Did it just show up on your bill or did you get a notice of some kind that it was extra?

Thanks
  9.    #9  
    Create and send a video. It will upload, then you'll get a message that Video Mail is $5, with an option to sign up.

I too have 10 dollar vision from vision first came out 2 years ago.. When i useed the video share feature on my sanyo 5500 (vm-4500) i was never charged for it it is all grandfathered in along with UNL SMS it is worth like $30 but beware they will try to cancel it on you if you change your plan and don't mention it.
    Thanks Joe. I did creat a video and sent it to my AOL email. It did upload and then I got a message. I thought okay, I am getting the notice for the signup for 5.00. I checked it and it was my phone rebate status.

I then checked my AOL email and the video was there. No message yet. Frankly, I doubt I will use this video much if any at all. Its not that great or else I don't know how to use it to get good videos and good sound.