1.    #1  
    I can't send mail. I set it up just like the mail program on the 600. I assume we still send mail through Sprints server at smtp.sprintpcs.com......
    But I get an error message saying it can't relay....

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

jc
    Go here...a simple search would give you all that you desire on this subject.

I used the IP address.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=treo650luvr

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
  3.    #3  
    I tried that but had no success......

jc
    I had the same problem with Versa until I got a hold of Sprint and got Outgoing setup right. Here are my settings:

Account Name: Email
    Mail Server: Comcast

Username:
    Janedoe

Password:
    hushhush

Email Address:
    Janedoe@comcast.net

Incoming Mail Servers:
    mail.comcast.net

Outgoing Mail Servers:
    Smtp.sprintpcs.com

Advanced:
    Nothing checked

Advanced:
    X Use authentication (ESMTP)

Username:
    your sprint user name

Password:
    your sprint email password
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I had the same problem with Versa until I got a hold of Sprint and got Outgoing setup right. Here are my settings:

Account Name: Email
    Mail Server: Comcast

Username:
    Janedoe

Password:
    hushhush

Email Address:
    Janedoe@comcast.net

Incoming Mail Servers:
    mail.comcast.net

Outgoing Mail Servers:
    Smtp.sprintpcs.com

Advanced:
    Nothing checked

Advanced:
    X Use authentication (ESMTP)

Username:
    your sprint user name

Password:
    your sprint email password
    Why are you using Comcast for incoming? Most people are having problems trying to send and receive using the sprint pcs email. I have pretty much given up since I have a million other email accounts that are reliable.

Eric
    Good morning Kirk,

I use Comcast as my e-mail provider and since none of my emails go to my Sprint address it was the natural choice.

Did I meniton both my Versa and Snappermail is working.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  7. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I tried all the things you listed but I still get an error message. I am using Outlook but there is no selection for that so I chose "other". I guess I'll have to call Sprint.
    I started a thread regarding versamail problems and it was moved to "Communications". In it, several people provided suggestions that have worked. My problem was solved by entering the correct Sprint username and password. Don't assume you know your password. Sprint has about 4 or 5 passwords for several different things.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Geeky Mom.......I just needed to set up the advanced section of the outgoing server settings and it works perfect.

JC
    No problem.