1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I just got a 650, and I'm very happy with it, but I have a question about how the keyboard should be working.

Basically, if I press a key on the left side of the keyboard, I can feel a bit of "give" accompanied by a squeeking sound. It's almost like the left side bottom anchor point inside the case has come loose. Does everyone else's do this too, or is my phone damaged? If it's not normal, I think I'm going to return it as defective as it's only a few days old.

The keyboard works fine otherwise, and the right side is solid when I press the keys.

Is my new phone broken?
  2.    #2  
    someone, anyone, bueller?
    I just got my Treo 2 days ago, and both sides of my keyboard feel the same.

I think you may want to go back to the store and try others and exchange, if needed.
    I don't really hear any squeak, but not all keys are the same. The "p" definitely is much mushier than my other keys. It works but the feedback click is lacking and it needs to be pressed a bit more.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    My B key takes a little more pressure to register than the others. Also, the left side keys seem a little loose and rattle around a little like chicklets.
    xocsida,

I have the same problem. It really only affect the Z, X, search, and function key (the white one with the blue circle). As it's my third replacement from Palm (the others all had dead pixels), I'm kind of thinking I should just cut my losses, but... did you ever resolve your problem? Wondering if a keyboard replacement would be worth it (I'm guessing Sprint won't fix the problem, since the keys still function).