1.    #1  
    When I send an sms message from my 650 to my wife with my old t600 it shows up as a link on her sms not a text message. It says something like click on this link to view the message and it says from "unknown". Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Sprint says it is the way that the 650 handles sms messages is different from the 600.
    I used SMS last night and it showed up a text message. However, I sent the first message and then they replied (the person that I sent the message to was on a gsm network). Then all the messages that were sent were in a chat log.

Also, the sprint rep that I talked to said that I only get 100 sms messages with the $15 unlimited data plan. Is that right? Did I sign up for the wrong unlimited plan? Any suggestions?
    Sounds like the typical Sprint rep misinformation. I have the unlimited data plan and do 300-400 texts per month. On the bill "included" and no charges incurred.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    yep its a shame. Sprint downgraded their sms for new customers and people changing their vision plans. only allowing 100 messages a month. tisk tisk.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Sounds like the typical Sprint rep misinformation. I have the unlimited data plan and do 300-400 texts per month. On the bill "included" and no charges incurred.
    Shadow,

Sounds like you have been upgraded to the unlimited SMS plan which is an additional $5 per month (per SprintPCS.com) to your Vision pack or $10 if you do not have Vision. As always with Sprint, YMMV.
    Shadow was probably grandfathered in for unlimited SMS as I was. I have unlimited SMS and I DON'T pay $5 extra.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    It looks like it is the only 100 sms messages for new customers..

I pay 15 for unlimited internet and mail - then it is another 5 for unlimited sms messages. This changed recently because a couple of weeks ago when I was researching this it was still unlimited sms messages for 15. Too bad I didn't buy the Treo when it first came out (I was waiting for VC). I guess I should have and saved my self 5 bucks a month. LOL
    Hmmm, I pay 10.00 a month for vision but only 100 sms messages included.