1.    #1  
    Every now and then my phone gets into a mode where the LED light begins to flicker rapidly- like 3 times a second. Anyone else have this?
    Yep,
    wish to heck I knew what it meant. Have been watching it to try and figure out some pattern. Thought I had it today--it started doing it while I was digital roaming. Hey, thats it, it means it is roaming. Ten min. later, the light stopped blinking COMPLETELY, still roaming, phone still working.

oh well

Gonna get butler and make the darn thing do what I want it to do.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I had it too.
    I had it when i tested out chatter email and it was downloading a bunch of messages... I think it may have something to do with data usage...

Some folks (myself included) have found that having Datebk5 alarms flash the LED (option selected) causes the app to take over the LED. In my case, one of two things occurred... a rapid flashing LED or the LED turned off completely.
    No clue. I use Butler to reset it. Works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    No clue. I use Butler to reset it. Works like a charm.
    Exactly... Butler seems to cure the flaky LED.
    The flashing fast led is for unchecked voicemails; missed calls; when u see the led flashing like that; you'll usually have a message on your screen saying check voicemail or text message received etc.....
    It's a cool feature if you walked away from your treo (i wouldn't have the heart to ever do it; lol) I freaked when i first saw it too but I identified the pattern after a day or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Some folks (myself included) have found that having Datebk5 alarms flash the LED (option selected) causes the app to take over the LED. In my case, one of two things occurred... a rapid flashing LED or the LED turned off completely.
    I too played with the "flash the LED" option and
    I'm pretty sure that my floating appointments triggered the rapid LED at midnite.
    turning off the option didn't do anything.
    I tried the program LEDON but it just turned the led off and left it there.
    unexceptable.

I ended up turning off the option and doing a soft reboot and that cleared it up. LED acts normal now.
    The led stops flashing rapidly once you check your voicemail/Messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    The flashing fast led is for unchecked voicemails; missed calls; when u see the led flashing like that; you'll usually have a message on your screen saying check voicemail or text message received etc.....
    It's a cool feature if you walked away from your treo (i wouldn't have the heart to ever do it; lol) I freaked when i first saw it too but I identified the pattern after a day or so.

Don't think that is right. Flashing quickly right now. No alerts, no missed calls, no unread email, no texts, no nothing.

Soft reboot = back to slow flash.

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Also to test this theory I left an unchecked call and voicemail. I have NEVER seen mine flash quickly. I'm betting it's some piece of software taking over the light.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint