1.    #1  
    I am on my second Treo 650 and still have the voice quality issues. Palmone refuses to issue me a new unit so I need to return it for a refund.

The shame of it is, I really like the unit.

So what do I do now? Do I buy another 650 or go with something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    I am on my second Treo 650 and still have the voice quality issues. Palmone refuses to issue me a new unit so I need to return it for a refund.

The shame of it is, I really like the unit.

So what do I do now? Do I buy another 650 or go with something else?
    Go through sprint and get another replacement.
  3.    #3  
    So you would reccomend going through Sprint and not Palmone? Is Sprint's customer service better?
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    So you would reccomend going through Sprint and not Palmone? Is Sprint's customer service better?
    I would.

No, but there are more of them and they are less consistent. Better chance of getting satisfactionif you're persistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I would.

No, but there are more of them and they are less consistent. Better chance of getting satisfactionif you're persistent.
    Yes, that's what I did just a couple of days ago. I think I had some sort of software incompatibility or memory conflict when I tried to restore my unit and my phone kept recycling and I could not do a hard reset. I called the nearest Sprint store, confirmed they had the 650 in stock and ventured over.

Sprint Dude told me to come back because it was 30 mins til closing and Tech Support could not look at the phone. Enter the "uh no way, getting irate" customer. At this point I was not hearing that or any "leave your phone overnight" crap. I began my speech on this being a high end phone, I had called and had driven all the way over and I NEEDED a replacement right then because I could not receive or make phone calls. He finally agreed to have the tech look at it. He later came out and told me that it would need to be wiped clean and I told him fine. After a few attempts at trying to get it to hard reset I got a new unit.

So persist, and don't make it too easy for the store to brush you off.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    And incidentally, when the manager of one Sprint store doesn't take care of you, the manager of the next closest Sprint store can often be enticed to with a retelling of the story of how the other manager failed to meet the customer's needs and, occasionally, the suggestion that a letter to a more helpful manager's manager might be in the offering. I had a bad screen on a Treo 300 some time ago - had a blotch of bad pixels on it. Store #1 didn't want to take care of me, couldn't swap my unit out, etc. Store #2 said, "Sure! Happy to!" and replaced it on the spot. Store #2 now gets all my business, got a nice letter to the Area manager, and thus began a wonderful relationship. That manager knows that I don't come in for trivial things, and I know that my issues will be taken seriously and in an effort to satisfy me.

Of course, this applies in many other places as well, like hotels. But that's another story.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G