Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Been searching the posts and I have not seen this problem yet. My 650 likes to lock up sometimes when a call comes in and i use the screen to answer, it does not connect and the screens freezes and the no other buttons work. The phone will stop ringing and nothing works until I do a soft re-set or remove the battery.

This is becoming a love/hate relationship with this 650.

If it has been addressed before can someone point me to the thread.

oh yeah I have removed some possible conflicting software.

thanks
    NVFS!
    That very thing happened to me today for the first time.
    Froze on the screen like I was on the call, but no sound, screen non-reactive.
    Like you, had to soft reboot.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    This happened to me today for the 2nd time...
    has happend to me 1x
    For me, the issue was the Attention Manager. If I have an unanswered alarm that is sitting on the screen and a call comes in, my system can freeze up. I use Datebk5 and solved this by being diligent about attending to alarms. The author of the app explained it in detail and, yes, it's Palm's fault
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    For me, the issue was the Attention Manager. If I have an unanswered alarm that is sitting on the screen and a call comes in, my system can freeze up. I use Datebk5 and solved this by being diligent about attending to alarms. The author of the app explained it in detail and, yes, it's Palm's fault
    Is there an update planned (that you know of) to fix the problem in a way other than being attentive to alarms?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8.    #8  
    I deleted callfilter and re installed it today (trial) and the problem came back..I think old software is mostly to blame....We had to be the first to get the new stuff so we suffer
    I've had this problem also. Could it be because I installed Butler?
    Every thing seems to break this phone right now. IMO it is very to corrupt the OS just enough to cause random failures in just about any application at any time. It is true that old applications can cause this to happen but most of the applications out there were not written that badly! I can tell you first hand that well coded applications that worked on the 600 now fail randomly on this platform. I am convinced that there are serious problems with the OS that causes well written applications to just randomly fail.

Frustrated developer....

Jeff
    Ugh...I have this problem regularly now.

Anyone have a solution???
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I just had the problem today after a month of use. I can't find too many people complaining about it, is does someone know a fix? Thanks
    This was happening to me.

Try Home -->Preferences -->Keyguard. Now under Disable touchscreen when: Uncheck Incoming calls received.
    Happens to me quite often..and to a co-worker (whom I convince to buy a Cingular 650). I can deal with it, but he is growing tired of this issue and many others.

I wish Palm would fix these things. As a busniess tool, it's unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmett D. Payne
    This was happening to me.

Try Home -->Preferences -->Keyguard. Now under Disable touchscreen when: Uncheck Incoming calls received.
    Good post Emmett. I'll give that a try.
    Sprint Treo 650 with v1.12 & Custom ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmett D. Payne
    Mine is not check.

When mine lock up, the ringing continues to ring or vibrate if the volume slider to to the right (volume off). If I do not catch this, it will ring until the battery is drained completely.

I get occasional long pauses when executing programs or switching programs. I think the too are related. If a call comes in at the point when the Treo is suffering from the "Brain freeze" the unit locks. Most apps will wait until the "brain breeze" is gone, but the incoming call dialog screen does know how to handle it. The buttons can be pressed during the lock up; however, they are not effective.

Do the other Treo owners, who has this "missed calls freeze up" problem
    also notice that their Treo will lock up for 3-7 seconds occassionaly when clicking on OK buttons, switching apps, using the 5-way to move around the screen?

I mentioned this in the post at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87309
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I finally figures out the problem app. CallShield is causing this on mine. I deleted every (started from hard reset). I loaded things up one at a time. The problem disappeared. I put CallSheild on and BAM! - problem is back. It is not with it being loaded; however, but when it is activated or turned on. If I turn it off, the problem goes away.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    I finally figures out the problem app. CallShield is causing this on mine. I deleted every (started from hard reset). I loaded things up one at a time. The problem disappeared. I put CallSheild on and BAM! - problem is back. It is not with it being loaded; however, but when it is activated or turned on. If I turn it off, the problem goes away.
    This has been discussed a lot in other threads. The only bug with Callshield, is that on CDMA phones, if the party calling you hangs up before you answer, or you allow the call to be sent to voicemail(basically if you don't answer, and you dont hit ignore thus allowing the phone to ring itself out) this problem occurs. I've contacted the developer, and they assured me they were working on a fix, but they aren't known for speed in the app update dept.

Heres to hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    I finally figures out the problem app. CallShield is causing this on mine.
    Glad for you, but I don't have CallShield installed...
    Sprint Treo 650 with v1.12 & Custom ROM.
    This use to happen to me when I used takephone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast