Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought both the Moto 850 and the HBH660 to try out, and I got the Jabra BT250 with the 650 from PalmOne.

I'll cut to the chase; the Moto 850 looks good and has good battery life but is whisper quiet and people on the other end say it sounds like a bad speakerphone. The connection is poor (lots of static if the phone is in my pocket). It's also a production to get it clipped to the ear right, not something I'd want to do while driving.

The BT250 has pretty good volume, is unsightly, but easy to get in and out of the ear. The connection is poor like the Hs850 (also lots of static or lost connection if the phone is in my pocket).

The Sony Ericsson HBH660 is a little ugly, but the caller ID works, it's loud enough, and it has a really good connection (no hiss or crackles like on both the HS850 and the Jabra BT250). The fit to my ear is a little funny, though (as I've heard from some other people -- the speaker doesn't go right over my eardrum, but rides higher).

For the Treo 650, the Sony Ericsson HBH660 is the hands-down winner.

The Hs850 and BT250 are going up on Ebay tonight if anybody wants them.

Doug
    i love an honest salesman : )
    Can anyone else comment on the quality of the HBH660 w/ the Treo 650? Also, where's the best place to buy one? I gather no brick-and-mortar places have them yet, correct?
    i tried hs820 and a belkin model and the SE hbh-660. the 660 is the best.

You can get one at Dan's cellular on ebaY. Mine was $92 shipped. Got it in three days. Dans is the best place to shop.
    woof,
    would you say the 660 is inherently louder than the 820?
    maybe a bit. when I do the mute/unmute thing it can be too loud on max volume. 820 was never like that.
    Does anyone know if the HS-660 sits inside the ear more, to block out more outside noise?

Most of the other headsets don't..so they don't work well in a server room or with a lot of noise going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Does anyone know if the HS-660 sits inside the ear more, to block out more outside noise?

Most of the other headsets don't..so they don't work well in a server room or with a lot of noise going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    The fit to my ear is a little funny, though (as I've heard from some other people -- the speaker doesn't go right over my eardrum, but rides higher).
    I haven't tried the HBH-660 yet but I'm about to pull the trigger. This issue is the only one that concerns me and I've yet to find a place to buy from that has an easy return policy.
    Dans cellular, lowest price and no hassle returns. find em on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Dans cellular, lowest price and no hassle returns. find em on ebay.
    Dan's return policy looked more like an exchange-only policy which isn't too good if a bluetooth headset isn't going to work for me. I don't think I need another $100 worth of phone accessories (not that I wouldn't enjoy them ). Am I incorrect about returns?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Dan's return policy looked more like an exchange-only policy which isn't too good if a bluetooth headset isn't going to work for me. I don't think I need another $100 worth of phone accessories (not that I wouldn't enjoy them ). Am I incorrect about returns?
    Wow just went looking. I didnt know it was exchange. It used to be refund. Sorry man. Of course you could always ebay it if you dont like it.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    I just ordered a headset from him and emailed him before I did so asking about his refund policy. This was his reply..."We're easy here...you try and don't like simply send it back and we offer you a refund. Shipping and ebay fees are nonrefundable."

That was good enough for me.
    Along w/ what 100s of others have said here - he's pretty good to deal with. I ordered a Jabra before everyone said they suck w/ the 650; changed the order to a HS810 the day I paid - no issues. Extra car charger included was a nice bonus. If his store has what I'm looking for, it's usually cheaper, and I know the service is good.
    I have the 660.. I had the 65....

I liek the way it fits IN the ear.,. none of that ear gel that jabra has that takes the wax out of our ear and makes your eardrum into a vaccum....

The 660 is the best for me

I like the NECK CARRY STRAP which is cool... its like wearing jewelry!
    Are you saying you had the HBH-65 and now have the HBH-660. I currently have the 65.

Is the 660 fit on your ear any different? Is the 660 better with the Treo (volume, static). The 65 will do autoconnect on dial out and ring on an incoming call (which my Motorola HS-850 won't do with the Treo). I assume the 660 will do these also?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    I have the 660.. I had the 65....

I liek the way it fits IN the ear.,. none of that ear gel that jabra has that takes the wax out of our ear and makes your eardrum into a vaccum....

The 660 is the best for me

I like the NECK CARRY STRAP which is cool... its like wearing jewelry!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    For the 660 owners:

What's the battery life like?
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    For the 660 owners:

What's the battery life like?
    I talk on my 660 quite a bit. It hasnt gone below 3 of 5 total bars yet. I do plug it in right next to my phone every night.
    Just received my Akono HBH-660 tonight. The fit is "different" in that the ear piece does not protrude directly into the center of your ear. Still very comfortable and stylish.

I will give a full review in the next couple of days.
    So, to the 660 owners: what, from ur experience, is the approximate usable range of these badboys?
    Which profile does the 650 offer for the HBH660? Headset or Handsfree?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast