Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    you can go on their website for their BT800 and order it. $149!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    you can also check on macmall, mobileplanet, ebay, etc. (there are quite a few postings on this site about the BT800). They are selling at $119 and are not available for shipping (pre-order only).
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    If I were you, I would think twice about the BT 800. Check out the user opinions on CNET. My experience is that if the item doesn't have at least a 75% positive user feedback from actual users, I don't buy it. I have tried the Logitech Mobile Freedom and Plantronics M2500 which have poor sound quality and are uncomfortable. Save yourself some money and aggrivation and get the Sony HBH660 (about $75.00) and the SlicSound gels (about $15.00). This is a perfect solution all the way around!

http://reviews.cnet.com/Jabra_BT800/...-31263290.html

BTW, using the Jabra cleargels really, really makes the 660 loud... almost too loud I had used the grey ones, but the clear ones from radioshak are much more pliable and fit better.

Walking around with it is not great (wind noise/static) but it works wonderfully in the car/indoors

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    I wrote this in another thread, but thought I would add it here as well.

I have decided that I don't really think it matters which is the 'best" headset. I think it is which is the best for "you". From reading all the threads and trying several, it seems to depend upon a great many variables. The Treo is obviously fairly worthless as used with a bluetooth headset the way bluetooth should perform. It seems that the main variable for each person is the environment in which they are going to be using their headset. I may be wrong, but I have tried Scala 500, HS820, BT250, HBH-660, and BlueTrek G2. They all performed pretty close to one another. With the exception of a slight volume difference for those that fit in the ear a little better. They all had static at some time or another. None had the range that a bluetooth device should have. They all seemed to have fairly good voice quality on the other end most of the time. So again, I have drawn my own conclusion that a persons environment has a great deal in determining which bluetooth headset is right for them.

Right now I have the Jabra BT250 and the Scala 500 with slicsound. Jabra works better in my truck and office. The Scala works better at home.

I'm probably wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
    I'll have to add my voice to those in support of the Sony-Ericsson HBH-660. I have been using it with my Treo 650, and have been VERY happy with it. It's clear, no static, disconnects, or weird behavior. Just solid, usable, lightweight performance.

After reading lots of reviews, I expected to go through a half-dozen earpieces before finding one that worked ok with my 650. I was pleasantly surprised.

The speaker IS a little higher (closer to the curved retaining arm) than suits my ears, but there's no practical difference in terms of how it sounds or fits, and I've had no problems with keeping it on my ears, whether driving, walking, shopping, etc. I DO feel a bit like Lt. Uhura, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by spincycle
    I'll have to add my voice to those in support of the Sony-Ericsson HBH-660. I have been using it with my Treo 650, and have been VERY happy with it. It's clear, no static, disconnects, or weird behavior. Just solid, usable, lightweight performance.

After reading lots of reviews, I expected to go through a half-dozen earpieces before finding one that worked ok with my 650. I was pleasantly surprised.

The speaker IS a little higher (closer to the curved retaining arm) than suits my ears, but there's no practical difference in terms of how it sounds or fits, and I've had no problems with keeping it on my ears, whether driving, walking, shopping, etc. I DO feel a bit like Lt. Uhura, though.
    Glad to hear another happy HBH-660 user. I just ordered one yesterday from Dan's Cell access. and I'm really looking forward to getting it. I searched high and low locally for one since I really wanted to touch, feel before buying. But I think after reading about all of the happy users here I feel pretty confident in purchasing one.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    For those of you who ordered the HBH-660 from Dan's did you get a ship confirmation email from him? I have received a couple of emails (I believe that they were just canned auto generated emails) one thanking me for my order and one offering me an extended warranty. I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance that my order is being or has been processed and shipped. How long did it take for you to receive your order? I don't want to call or email him and take any chances at pissing him off. I've gathered that he can be a little sensitive and moody at times!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I posted in another thread how my experience with the HS-850 was so much more positive on the unlocked GSM version of the 650 than it was on the Sprint version. I've also noted how the BT software seems to be clearly different between the two versions of the phones.

I had tried the HBH-660 and despite the good audio quality, I couldn't get past the weird fit on my ear which would get almost painful after a while. The 850 now wins for me on the unlocked GSM 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by iemobile
    Ok everyone wondering what to get. I have tried the Jabra, the Moto 850 and now the Sony 660. The Sony wins all the way around. If you hit the mute button the volume goes up more than enough to hear on a busy street. Does anyone know of a better fix than hitting the mute button to get the volume louder?

what do you mean you hit the mute button? On the Treo? When I do this, the person on other end doesn't hear me !

What is this BT mute fix app they talk about?

Thanks!
    Fred
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    how can I stop the headset from auto connecting when I place an outgoing call?

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by golferal
    If I were you, I would think twice about the BT 800. Check out the user opinions on CNET. My experience is that if the item doesn't have at least a 75% positive user feedback from actual users, I don't buy it. I have tried the Logitech Mobile Freedom and Plantronics M2500 which have poor sound quality and are uncomfortable. Save yourself some money and aggrivation and get the Sony HBH660 (about $75.00) and the SlicSound gels (about $15.00). This is a perfect solution all the way around!

http://reviews.cnet.com/Jabra_BT800/...-31263290.html

how do you install the slic sounds ear plug? It seems the 660's ear housing would break if you "pry" it off.....how's it done? Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234