Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mentos
    Hi,
    Cn you please help me with pairing my HS850 headset with Treo 650. What the procedure of pairing. You help would be greatly appraciated.

Big thnks in advance.

Maggie

Simple:

On the 850:

With the earpiece folded in (closed), hold the main button for 3 secs until the light lights up. Then open it.

On the Treo:

Go to the Bluetooth app, tap "Setup Devices", then "Hands-free Setup". Tap Next on the intro screen that appears. Then you will get a list of devices, the HS-850 being one of them. Choose it and hit OK. Then enter 0000 for the passkey when prompted. The light on the 850 should blink. You're done!

- Joe
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Ok everyone wondering what to get. I have tried the Jabra, the Moto 850 and now the Sony 660. The Sony wins all the way around. If you hit the mute button the volume goes up more than enough to hear on a busy street. Does anyone know of a better fix than hitting the mute button to get the volume louder?
    Quote Originally Posted by iemobile
    Ok everyone wondering what to get. I have tried the Jabra, the Moto 850 and now the Sony 660. The Sony wins all the way around. If you hit the mute button the volume goes up more than enough to hear on a busy street. Does anyone know of a better fix than hitting the mute button to get the volume louder?
    Where's the MUTE button?
    It's a button on the Treo's screen - looks like an old desk microphone. Lower right corner while you're on a call.

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    BTW, ordered my Sony 660 tonight.

The 660 is much better than the 850....tested them both and there is no comparison.
    Will the 660 work for the caller id screen, call switching, last call redial? I know the bt250 doesnt support the hfp.

-Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by redhat
    Just picked up a Jabra FreeSpeak 250 today. It charged up in about 2 hours like the book says, and paired up easily with the 650.

However, that was the end of the good news. The sound quality is terrible - lots of static and crackling noise in my ear and the person on the other end reports that I sound 'bad.'

I will experiment more tomorrow and report any improvement, but it looks like it's getting returned.
    I had that headset for 15 minutes and put it back in the box and returned it ASAP.

Then followed DVDGuys recommendation and bought the HBH660 and the SlicSound ear gels. Outstanding combination! The 660 is quick to pick up the ringing phone, has good range and people don't know I'm talking on it. The SlicSound gels boost the volume to wonderful levels. In a quiet room I have the volume on my phone and the 660 at the lowest levels and it is still LOUD.

Jeff
    Glad you found the slic sounds work for you too. I use mine only while in the car and it is often too loud. Glad I could help you as you have helped all of us!!!
    Can someone post pictures of the 660 and slic sound combo please?

Also, how easy is it to put the 660 on (say, while driving) and how secure does it feel once on?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD Guy
    I am trying out my Akono 660 today and found a neat solution to low volume complaints. I took off the ear hook and added a Slic Sound ear piece over the 660. The result is a stable and plenty loud alternative to the standard design of the 660. I'll try to take a photo to show everyone.

It's not perfect, but it does work!

By the way, I already owned a set of Slic Sound ear pieces but you can also find them here.

http://www.slicsound.com/ss001.asp
    So does that mean you don't even use the ear hook with Slic Sounds? Is the headset stable in your ear? How do you fit the Slic Sounds on the headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    So does that mean you don't even use the ear hook with Slic Sounds? Is the headset stable in your ear? How do you fit the Slic Sounds on the headset?
    I do use the ear hook with Slik Sounds. Puts mic about 1 inch from face. Seems to work OK. NO great pressure on the hook or the top of my ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by litigator201
    I do use the ear hook with Slik Sounds. Puts mic about 1 inch from face. Seems to work OK. NO great pressure on the hook or the top of my ear.
    litigator201, can you post a picture or two please? thanks.
    Tried the HBH660 based on all the good reviews I had read. I thought it was a decent working headset on my end but people on the other end said I sounded muffled. When using my 650 without the headset set everyone on the other end said I sounded crystal clear so its not the phone or the problem others are having with voice quality on the other end. Believe it or not the Jabra headset that came free with the treo from PalmOne so far works the best for me. No static or low volume issues. No BTmute needed and people on the other end say I sound clear.
    I have had the jabra for over 2 weeks and am about to return it due to having major static and it has no autolink. i would suggest that every one stay away from this product because it is the worst headset i have ever tried. i am currently useing the moto 820 and am satisfied with it preformance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    The BT250 has pretty good volume, is unsightly, but easy to get in and out of the ear. The connection is poor like the Hs850 (also lots of static or lost connection if the phone is in my pocket).
    GAHH! That's the one thing I keep almost commenting about with all the zillion posts recommending headsets. All the headsets that people say are good I think are terribly UGLY and would never walk around my or any of my clients offices wearing one. The BT250 in the only one I LIKE. It's out of the way, it's neat, it stays on the ear more securely, but mostly, it's out of the way. Hearing-aid designers worked this kind of thing out 30 years ago and it's like only Jabra had the brains to use what was learned. If I were 15 years old and not even in high school yet, maybe I'd think the more flashy and prominent the thing was sticking to the side of my head was, the better.

I do find it a bit of a project putting it on though.

I also got a Motorola HS-820 and although it's the perfect example of the kind of looks I DON'T like (even though everyone else seems to think it's cool), and even though I don't like the insecure way it barely stays on my ear, it is a lot easier to grab and pop on your ear without much fuss.

I think the Jabra is hands down the only one that can claim being comfortable. The others with clips like the hs820 generally only put pretty light pressure and you gan get used to it after a while, but with the jabra there is nothing to get used to, it's designed comfortable for you rather than requiring you to "break in" your ear.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD Guy
    The ear piece just slides over the portion of the 660 that protrudes toward the ear.

I tested the 660 for about an hour today and this is what I found so far...

1. Fit - I find the fit fairly comfortable although a bit odd. The part of the headset that "fits into the ear" does not line up directly to my ear canal, but it is not uncomfortable. It is just a little odd.

2. Range - Early tests indicate I can get a range of 15 feet or so before it starts to become unclear.

3. Clarity - Everything sounds great on my end and none of the other parties have even known I was on a headset or had a difficult time hearing me.

4. Volume - In a fairly quiet environment, the headset is very ample. In a car it can be a different story though. HERE IS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION TO THE TEMPORARY (HOPEFULLY) BT VOLUME PROBLEM!!! As I indicated above, I slid a Slic Sound ear gel over the part of the 660 that protrudes outward toward my ear canal and removed the ear hook fron the 660. I then insert the Slic Sound gel ear "fitting" into my ear canal. The fit on these is so good it will hold firmly in place without the ear hook. CAUTION...be sure to turn down the volume before placing it into your ear because it is LOUD!!! This configuration makes it easy to take the 660 on and off. I found this is a good solution in a noisy car environment. The only problem is the Slic Sound ear gels have a left and right so it can be difficult to get the same ear gel into both ears.

I will try to take a few pictures shortly.

I would love to see some pics of the hbh660 w/ the eargels. Also, would the eargel from the Bluespoon AX work on the 660? Thanks
    I bought the Jabra BT-250 last night. It is comfortable, but audio quality is almost unacceptably bad. It starts to crackle when you get more than about 3-4 feet away from it. I'm going to return it and go for the SonyEricsson that everyone seems to be recommending
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by braincell
    I would love to see some pics of the hbh660 w/ the eargels. Also, would the eargel from the Bluespoon AX work on the 660? Thanks
    Checkout these two threads for 660 and eargel pictures:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=5&pp=20
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68580
    Does anyone know where to get the Jabra Bt800 right now? If so, where and how much? Thanks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast