Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ya know, I bought a HS810 at Best Buy since it had some good reviews. Then, reading more reviews, it seemed like the HS850 was the one to beat. So I ordered it. Now there's a BETTER ONE? Arrrgh!

All kidding aside, I'd like to hear from those who have used the 660 and the 810/820/850 about size of the units, weight, and comfort level. I really (REALLY) like the Moto's folding boom (as I don't intend to look like the Borg when not required to), and so having it fold up neatly, store in a small pouch, and be OFF when not needed is attractive... But then, so is call features. So, if I do return/sell the 850 (after I return/sell the 810!), will I be robbing Peter (comfort, battery) to pay Paul (cool features)?
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    good to know thx for the review...

no...where did U guys get these bad boys besides Dan's Cellular on fleaBay?
    I have the SE HBH-65 and the Motoroal HS-850. I think the HBH-660 is about the same size as the 65. I really like the physical size and fit of the 850 and I think the opening boom for an on switch is great.

But the 850 for the Treo is a bust as far as I'm concerned. I seem to get better volume and less static than some others in other threads here but there are two deal breakers for me on this headset:

1.) On outgoing calls the headset doesn't autoanswer most of the time. Sometimes it does if I just used it, but most times it doesn't. Don't really know why, but I didn't get a bluetooth headset to have to have two things to juggle! The SE HBH-65 works fine.

2.) The d*** headset doesn't ring on an incoming call! Only the Treo does. I've never ever had a headset/phone combo that did this. The 850 rings fine when used with a Motorola phone (only other one I have to test with right now). Again the SE HBH-65 works fine.

Overall I think it's a very good headset but the combination with the Treo just doesn't work well.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Ya know, I bought a HS810 at Best Buy since it had some good reviews. Then, reading more reviews, it seemed like the HS850 was the one to beat. So I ordered it. Now there's a BETTER ONE? Arrrgh!

All kidding aside, I'd like to hear from those who have used the 660 and the 810/820/850 about size of the units, weight, and comfort level. I really (REALLY) like the Moto's folding boom (as I don't intend to look like the Borg when not required to), and so having it fold up neatly, store in a small pouch, and be OFF when not needed is attractive... But then, so is call features. So, if I do return/sell the 850 (after I return/sell the 810!), will I be robbing Peter (comfort, battery) to pay Paul (cool features)?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I paired mine in headset mode without any problems. I will offer a full review in the next day or so.
    I am trying out my Akono 660 today and found a neat solution to low volume complaints. I took off the ear hook and added a Slic Sound ear piece over the 660. The result is a stable and plenty loud alternative to the standard design of the 660. I'll try to take a photo to show everyone.

It's not perfect, but it does work!

By the way, I already owned a set of Slic Sound ear pieces but you can also find them here.

http://www.slicsound.com/ss001.asp
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I have the SE HBH-65 and the Motoroal HS-850. I think the HBH-660 is about the same size as the 65.
    Brian - is the ear speaker on the 660 any louder than on the 65? I have and like the 65. I just wish the ear speaker were a little louder during the 'highway test.' Otherwise, it works great.

YoungTurk
    I tried the HBH 300 and found the volume low and, most importantly, that it felt insecure on my ear. Because of its construction, it seemed like it was always about to fall off or flop to one side.

I returned it and got the Moto 850. Better fit, but the volume is so low it is unusable except when speaking with someone who talks loudly and in a completely silent environment.

I did get the Jabra 250 with my 650 and find it has the best combine fit and, barely, volume, but am not happy with how sound quality is reported by those on the other end.

How does the 660 fit in comparison to the 300? It looks like a different ear hook. Can someone report on their views as to volume and fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD Guy
    I am trying out my Akono 660 today and found a neat solution to low volume complaints. I took off the ear hook and added a Slic Sound ear piece over the 660. The result is a stable and plenty loud alternative to the standard design of the 660. I'll try to take a photo to show everyone.

It's not perfect, but it does work!

By the way, I already owned a set of Slic Sound ear pieces but you can also find them here.

http://www.slicsound.com/ss001.asp
    I went to the site, but these look like they are for earbud-type connections. Can you show us how you connected the two of these together?

Thanks.
    The ear piece just slides over the portion of the 660 that protrudes toward the ear.

I tested the 660 for about an hour today and this is what I found so far...

1. Fit - I find the fit fairly comfortable although a bit odd. The part of the headset that "fits into the ear" does not line up directly to my ear canal, but it is not uncomfortable. It is just a little odd.

2. Range - Early tests indicate I can get a range of 15 feet or so before it starts to become unclear.

3. Clarity - Everything sounds great on my end and none of the other parties have even known I was on a headset or had a difficult time hearing me.

4. Volume - In a fairly quiet environment, the headset is very ample. In a car it can be a different story though. HERE IS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION TO THE TEMPORARY (HOPEFULLY) BT VOLUME PROBLEM!!! As I indicated above, I slid a Slic Sound ear gel over the part of the 660 that protrudes outward toward my ear canal and removed the ear hook fron the 660. I then insert the Slic Sound gel ear "fitting" into my ear canal. The fit on these is so good it will hold firmly in place without the ear hook. CAUTION...be sure to turn down the volume before placing it into your ear because it is LOUD!!! This configuration makes it easy to take the 660 on and off. I found this is a good solution in a noisy car environment. The only problem is the Slic Sound ear gels have a left and right so it can be difficult to get the same ear gel into both ears.

I will try to take a few pictures shortly.
    Unfortunately I can't say yet since I don't have the 660, only the 65 and the HS-850. I was basing the size on pictures I seen. I agree that in the car the 65 is a bit too quiet. If the 660 is somewhat louder than it's probably acceptable and the best fit for the Treo 650.

I really like the HS-850 design and hardware. I can't believe that the Treo treats it like a poor second cousin with no ring on call and no autoconnect on outgoing? Hard to believe my almost two year old 65 works better with the Treo than the brand new, can't get in the U.S. except from importers Motorola?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Brian - is the ear speaker on the 660 any louder than on the 65? I have and like the 65. I just wish the ear speaker were a little louder during the 'highway test.' Otherwise, it works great.

YoungTurk
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    The 660 is handsfree profile.

it fits in mye ar good.. the 65 maybe alittle betetr and stays there itself.

I like the neckstrap with the 660.. its so easy to get to your headset.

batrerry life has been great,

These lil Sonys are the way to go.. they are the smallest and best.

However I am excited about the JABRA BT-800... too bad it isnt out for a month or so... vibrate.. bigger screen and it looks like int he pics they dumped the annoying wax eating ear gel.

in the meantime the 660 is really good! Does all the things the 65 does that you mentioned.
    can you listen to music through these? like play a treo/podcast through to them? or do they only work for calls?

are there BT Headsets that play music from treo music players?
    You can not listen to music through bluetooth headsets with the treo. Palmone did not put support for any music audio into the Bluetooth stack. Even the dedicated bluetooth headphones made for listening to music will not work. Complain to palmone to get it added, although they really don't seem to listen to customers anyway.

I personally think they need to fix the handsfree profiles first anyway...
    do any other phones (I.e. the Blue Angel) allow you to play music through the headset?
    What about with toysoft's freedom? Will that allow you to play music? Works fine with coreded headphones. They have a trial, so why not give it a try?
    I have been using the Motorola HS820 for 2 days....I know, not much to make a real decision....and I find it to be loud enough and everyone I have talked to had no problems hearing me. They were surprised that I was using a headpiece. It fits comfortably. This is my first Bluetooth device and I thought it was easy to pair up and is relatively esy to use. I tried on a bunch of different sets at Fry's and none of them would stay on my ear. I bought the HS820 at Best Buy for $79.
    Has anybody tried the Bluespoon AX with the 650? It is tiny and has an "in the ear" setup. Reviews suggest super good sound quality, potentially "faint" for the people you are talking to... ?
  18. OJM
    Just ordered the Bluespoon AX and will post a review when I get it (likely not until 12/21). I currently use a Moto HS820 and have found that the volume is way too low when in a noisy environment.
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Hi,
    Cn you please help me with pairing my HS850 headset with Treo 650. What the procedure of pairing. You help would be greatly appraciated.

Big thnks in advance.

Maggie
    Just picked up a Jabra FreeSpeak 250 today. It charged up in about 2 hours like the book says, and paired up easily with the 650.

However, that was the end of the good news. The sound quality is terrible - lots of static and crackling noise in my ear and the person on the other end reports that I sound 'bad.'

I will experiment more tomorrow and report any improvement, but it looks like it's getting returned.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast