1.    #1  
    Would there be any problem using the software for the install CD for a 650 with a 600? Is the active syn compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by BP57
    Would there be any problem using the software for the install CD for a 650 with a 600? Is the active syn compatible?
    I would guess the anser is no
    I still have the T600 and installed the T650 CD. Works great. The only caveat is that the Docs to Go 7 included on the CD-ROM is blocked on the T600. I tried it twice and still nothing!

You'll need do the following things. Better safe than sorry!:

* Do a synch of your previous Palm Desktop one more time.
    * If you have a back up-card (Back-up man etc) do that as well.
    * Install the T650 software. This will automatically install the new Palm Desktop software--as well as Docs to Go 7 on your computer (and on your T600 as a synch). A Versamail section will be included on the new Palm Desktop, along with a few other enhancements. (There is this new thing called palmOne quick install, which I haven't touched yet. )
    * NOTE: The Versamail application (3.0) only works on the T650 and as such, is already pre-installed on the T650. That said, Versamail 2.7 is available for the T600 for $29.99. Yeah, I don't like it either!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64098
    * After you synch, open the Docs to Go 7 on your T600. It will probably say "This version of Docs to Go is not designed to work on your device."
    * Delete Docs to go 7 from your T600.
    * Do the back-up card thing again, just in case.
    * From your computer's control panel (Windows XP), launch the un-install application and un-install the Documents to go 7 from your computer.
    * If you have a previous version of Docs to Go (i.e. Version 6), re-install that program on your desktop. The Docs to Go icon will now reappear on your Palm Desktop and as a separate shortcut on your computer.
    * Re-synch your T600 one more time (especially for Docs to Go 6)

That should be it!

Cheers,
    Kevin
    yup..because docs to go in the treo 650 is the premium edition while in the t600, its just a viewer edition, t600 does not accept the docs to go of the t650.
    - i used to think that nurses were women ; i used to think that policemen were men ; i used to think that poets were boring.......until i became one of them.undefined
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    What are the changes you see on your device? Does it update Blazer and various softwares in there?
    Now go get an SD Bluetooth card, plug it in and see if it works.