Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought an EB Slipper case, because what I really want is a case with a removable flip face. This way I can fully protect my Treo when I need to (ie. when it gets thrown in a backpack) but I can also make it accessible and non-bulky when I need.

And as far as that goes, I really like the Slipper. When the Treo is just sitting around it's faceless, but still has some level of protection and grippiness. But I can also attach the face and not worry about sharp objects sticking into the screen.

What I don't like so much is the workmanship. The case doesn't fit all that well. Attaching my headset or sync cable requires a bit of effort. The case has an internal piece of elastic rather than a snap or magnetic enclosure, which is clever, but it has the effect of putting a constant pull on part of the case, and as a result the case tends to stretch and warp to obstruct the power and ring/silent switches. The flip face attaches with velcro, which is annoyingly noisy.

So I was excited to see this morning that Sena now has a "convertible case" with a removable flip cover. I almost got the regular Sena case before, since it seems nice and thin, and appears to be pretty good workmanship. But their site doesn't say much about how the flip cover works. It looks like it closes using magnets, which seems cool, but they don't say anything about how it actually attaches. And the case itself appears to have a snap enclosure, which is less than ideal, but they don't give any info on that either.

So anyone seen this Sena case?
    That Sena case looks pretty nice. I have had two Sena cases. One for my Tungsten was awesome. One for my wife's Zire 71 was pretty good, but the fit was not as good. I sure like the removable cover as sometimes I need it and sometimes not. Anyhow, I ordered one with the removable cover and the belt clip. Should come in soon as they have had quick service in the past. Will post info when I get it.
    I also have the Slipper for my T600. I also find that the elastic "framework" of the case pulls the case cutouts out of alignment slightly. Enough to be annoying. But it was nothing a little Exacto-knife work couldn't handle (on the bottom I joined the headset jack cutout with the larger sync cutout for one big cutout). Very happy with the Slipper. Will check out the Sena link and the new open hardcase (by Pacific Rim).
    I have a Piel Frama, but man that Sena case looks amazing. I'm so tempted to spring for it but I can't justify spending another $50 on a Treo 600 case, especially when the 650 is out now.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    So does anyone have a Sena case for their 600? I'm looking @ the one with the flap but no one seems to be working there. I've sent a couple of emails but no response.
    Judging from the picture it appears there are magnets (or metal) at the top of the case adjacent to the phone earpiece that hold the flap up. Based on this assumption, I would be concerned that the flap would be constantly flopping down if I brush up against anything that catches the flap. I wear my phone on my belt usually and don't want to worry about the flap popping down especially when I'm out hiking in the woods or getting on or off the crowded subway or whatever. The Slipper case closes and velcros at the bottom of the phone so even if it does get tugged or bumped, the flap will continue to protect the surface of the phone. No practical knowledge to prove this opinion; just speculation.
    My Piel Frama has a magnet and its surprisingly strong. It would take a lot of force exerted in a particular way to dislodge the thing unintentionally. I'm guessing the Sena case's magnets are of similar strength, though I'm just guessing.

I wonder if there is any negative to talking on the phone with two magnets near your head?
    baaaahahahaa. Yeah, I think all of my smarts would move to one side of my head where the magnets are. Either that or it could be therapeutic. Don't they have magnetic therapy now? The magnets are probably located in the flap and the metal receptors are probably near the earpiece.
    Just got my Sena case. Like the other Sena cases I have seen, it is great quality. The leather is a little stiff, but it will soften up. The fit is very good. Only thing is the leather on the sides of the screen sticks up just a bit, but I bet it will flatten down as it gets used. The cover snaps onto the back. The snaps are very nice and are just the right tension. The front of the cover is pretty stiff, providing a good protection for the screen. It has two slots for SD cards and a business card/credit card holder. The magnets seem pretty strong. I can't see the front cover falling down. Overall. my initial impression is that this case is excellent and perfect for my needs.

Forgot to say, that I had a Verizon case that opened over the top. This cover drops down and it is much easier to use and hold as a phone.
    gapost--do you feel any smarter/dumber with the magnets near your ear? Or are the magnets in the flip part of the case? The case looks great, my Piel Frama is nice but the Sena looks like a winner.
    Info from Sena (user posting just verified this):
    The flip cover is attached to the case with the two snaps on the back of the case. And flip cover opens and closes with the magnetic closure on the top. The flip goes down when it is open And it dangles below.

-----------------
    If you remove the flap do the snaps on the case itself get in the way? (stickout?)
    If you remove the flap do the snaps on the case itself get in the way? (stickout?)
    The snap part left in the back of the case is the female side of the snap. Therefore they are relatively smooth.

gapost--do you feel any smarter/dumber with the magnets near your ear? Or are the magnets in the flip part of the case?
    The magnets are in the case, not the cover. Since I use the phone on my left ear, the magnets may draw some creativity from the right side of my brain into the left side, so then, I will be a logically, creative person.
    The funny thing is that when I have dropped my Treo, I always nick the corner and Sena's is unprotected and it is nicked.
    Still looks very nice though.
    Wow, I just noticed that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    The funny thing is that when I have dropped my Treo, I always nick the corner and Sena's is unprotected and it is nicked.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna

Look forward to hearing how your new T650 fits in your Sena case. That case looks like the "perfect" case I have been looking for. One big question, though, and this is always the show-stopper, how tight in does the case hold the phone to your side when it is on your belt???
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Call me crazy, but I like the 650 case with the flip better then the 600 case with the flip. DO you think I can buy the 650 case and have it work with me 600? I like the wider opening at the bottom of the 650 case and I like the fact that the flip is nonremoveable, cause my treo gets thrown in my purse alot... a removeable flip just seems silly to me.

Plus I am thinking of moving to the 650 and I could save some money if I buy one over the other instead of buying a new case when its all said and done. I think the only big problem I would have would be the hole for the mic on the 600 would be covered up...

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Sena Colors,

I'm having a tough time figuring the colors of the sena cases from their website. I'm torn between the Blue and Tan. Does the blue look professional or toy like ?

Thanks
    It seems that the corners are better protected on the 650 case... plus it seems they have two tone colers... I wish they would post more pictures!
    Thats because they had to create a new 650 case and the 600 case looks like they just added the magnets and threw a flip on there. A removeable one at that!

They should of redesigned both of the cases... I really want to get the 650 case... But can I use my 600 in the 650 case? I am scared of the mic being covered and coming out too muffled or worse not being heard at all...

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by meonline
    It seems that the corners are better protected on the 650 case... plus it seems they have two tone colers... I wish they would post more pictures!

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Thats because they had to create a new 650 case and the 600 case looks like they just added the magnets and threw a flip on there. A removeable one at that!

They should of redesigned both of the cases... I really want to get the 650 case... But can I use my 600 in the 650 case? I am scared of the mic being covered and coming out too muffled or worse not being heard at all...

Anyone?
    Hey Techprincesse,
    I am going to order one (for my 650) pretty soon here and if by then I have not sold the 600 I am replacing, I'll check out the fit for you. Otherwise... it is a bummer they don't keep prior models in mind when coming out with new ones!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast