Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My treo 650 keeps coming up as an unrecognized USB device when I sync.. I cannot for the life of me get it to work properly on a sync. XP keeps asking me for drivers.. I already installed the PalmOne setup and uninstalled.. Any ideas?
    I get this every few syncs, soft reset before syncing and it works fine...

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Did a soft reset.. same behavior.. I even browsed out to the driver in the palm on director and specified it and windows says it does not contain info about my device.

I've got 3 of these 650s.. one works the other two won't.. any more ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by scmguru
    Did a soft reset.. same behavior.. I even browsed out to the driver in the palm on director and specified it and windows says it does not contain info about my device.

I've got 3 of these 650s.. one works the other two won't.. any more ideas?
    I used to always get this problem when using a non-Palm (Boxwave) sync cable on my 600. Double check cables. Try cable from working 650 on PC with problem.

If all else fails, remove & reinstall Palm Desktop from CD.
    are you trying to sync all three with the same machine? Maybe thats a problem... Mine has doen it a few more times, but less then it did initially... now i just get random soft resets all the time...

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Found the fix.. In summary, look for any file called oem*.inf w/ the word palmusbd.sys in it and delete it.

URL @ PalmOne

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(26366)

Edit: Sorry.. this is in windows.
    Last edited by scmguru; 12/13/2004 at 08:29 PM.
    where are you looking, on the device, in the handspring/palm folder? please clarify... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    where are you looking, on the device, in the handspring/palm folder? please clarify... thanks!
    C:\Program Files\palmOne\USB_Driver\PalmUSBD.sys
    The same thing happened to me. The only I could fix was to do a complete uninstall, including manually deleting the palmone folder under "program files", which the uninstall does not remove, and do a complete reinstall. Problem fixed. I re-installed three times before I discovered the folder was left behind.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My oem*.inf file was located in Windows\System32\Inf

Do a windows file search on oem*.inf containing the words palmusbd.sys. Delete it and you should be all set.
    I am having the same exact problem. I have to restart my computer alot if it sits idle for any length of time. Any one have any suggestions?