1.    #1  
    I have seen several threads discussing resets/reboots during or after hotsyncs (mine reboots after each hotsync).

But now I am noticing my 650 reboot while it is just sitting on my desk. I have seen this happen few times now where I will be sitting at my desk working and I notice "pa1mone" screen splashes across and it reboots itself. Furthermore, i have had this phone reboot while I was in the middle of a conversation!

Has anyone else experienced this?? This is my first Treo, and I love it but these reboots/resets are beginning to really upset me.

Thanks for the great forum!
    Me too; Sprint told me to take it to a sprint store to have them test it and based upon their tests they may or may not swap mine out for a new one.

I'll refrain from even responding to that.
    But Yes indeed; my 650 did it yesterday and the day before. I'm suspecting call filter (for testing purposes) I removed it and it hasn't happened yet.

I will tell you that I had to do a soft reset yesterday because I wasn't able to receive any phone calls even though I was at maximum strength; after the soft reset; whaddya know; it worked.
    Sounds like you have an ADD phone. Perhaps it's used to being operated so much that it can't stand sitting idle, so it plays with itself.

Sorry.. couldn't resist. That hasn't happened to me - I've had a few reboots from other glitches...
  4.    #4  
    It just rebooted by itself, again. This is like 7-8th time today.
    That's a feature, not a problem
    I suspect your treo isn't really idle. Lot's of software works in the background. What 3rd party apps have you installed? Did you do a clean install of the apps, or restore them from a Treo 600 backup directory?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Does this happen on a fresh hard reset device without any of your 3rd party Apps sync'ed over?
    Are you, by any chance, using Butler? I was getting a number of erratic resets (during/after sync, phone sitting idle, once during a call, etc.), but they seem to have vanished after upgrading from version 2.35 to 2.4 several days ago.

Mind you, I can't definitively say that Butler was the cause... I wasn't getting any useful information from ##377, for example. But I'm pretty sure that nothing else in my configuration has changed since then.
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred
    NVFS!
    Do you have email set to automatically retrieve? Anything else set to automatically do something. Is it dying on an incoming call (try calling it yourself and if anything happens).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I just learned w/ wife 650, I had to install only core files like contacts, calendar, memos. then after that I installed the prc and pdb files she wanted.

earlier I just sync'd hers over and every time I tried to call her it would reboot because I think it was using a ringtone no longer available.

of course doing the correct install process means u have made a backup or copy of your user info.

good luck
    What 3rd party apps do you use? If nothing obscure, try hard reseting and installing from scratch.

Hard reset the device (hold in reset while power on, press up button), rename the Backup folder so that preferences and 3rd party stuff do not load. Hotsync. When solid, start loading apps a few at a time from the old Backup folder.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  13.    #13  
    Thanks guys. It rebooted about 10 times today alone.

I have these apps on 650:

Bob's Alarm
    Chatter Email
    Documents to Go
    HandyShopper
    MMPlayer
    movianVPN
    Note Pad
    pssh
    PocketTunes
    RepliGo
    TuSSH
    VeriChat
    Zlauncher

Wow, now that I have listed all the apps .... I have quite a few for first-time Treo user ... all thanks to you guys and this forum

I tried to use Backupman but was met with the error that they have noted on their homepage ... even with their beta release, same error (free up the memorey error).
  14.    #14  
    My Treo is still rebooting with no explanation while sitting "idle" ... should I hard reset and then reinstall every app?
    I would do a hard reset and wait a few hours to make sure it's not rebooting. If it is stable reinstall one app, wait 1/2 day, then one more, etc...

If it reboot after the hard reset but before you reinstall take it to a store for exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by vjslater
    My Treo is still rebooting with no explanation while sitting "idle" ... should I hard reset and then reinstall every app?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Please see my post in this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post508011

btw - when checking apps for conflicts, you can just move them to the sd card instead of deleting -as far as the system is concerned, the app does not exist.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre