1.    #1  
    I really want to get a Treo 650 but until it comes out I was thinking about buying a 600 from T-Mobile. My problem is that it is $399 and I am out of contract and they won’t give me any discount, I think that it is still high because the 650 is only $449 from Sprint. My question is whether or not I should jut buy the Treo 600 now and use it until the 650 comes out unlocked from P1 or just wait for the 650. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I love my 600, but I can't wait to get my hands on a 650. My advice would be to wait. Check the threads here regarding t-mo and the 650. I'm a Cingular user, so I haven't read them, but there seems to be a lot of grumbling with t-mo and prospective availability of the 650. Maybe it's time to switch carriers! Personally, I wouldn't dare spend that much money on a 600 when we are only weeks from having a GSM 650. Just my opinion, though...
    Vince
    I just got an email from CompUSA...they have a "Saturday Only" sale add going for this weekend...The Treo 600 is listed on TMo for $299...don't know if that helps you or not.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    The CompUSA ad attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  5.    #5  
    ok, thanks....I have decided to wait for the 650 and I might switch to Cingular if they get it first.
    well, i literally exchanged my nokia 6600 with the treo 600. bought the treo 600 from ebay then sold my phone off, was a difference of £20... which was definitely worth it, can do so much more with the treo than the n6600. i was gonna wait for the GSM treo 650 as well, but decided for £20, i wanna get a feel of using a treo, and see if i like the feel of it.
    I've got Tmobile, and my contract was up. I called them and they agreed to sell it to me for $359 + $100 Credit so essentiall selling me the phone for $259. If you call sutomer support, ask to speak with the retention department. They can usually give you a better deal.
    I went to a Cingular store and told them I want to open an account, but that I'm waiting for the 650. They agreed to sell me the 600 now, use it, and exchange it for the 650 when Cingular starts to carry it (even beyond the time allowed under their return policy, which is a generous 30 days now) and just pay the difference in price as long as the 600 is in good condition.

I got the 600 yesterday as a new activation with a 2-year contract for $349 ($399 minus a $50 mail-in rebate) plus tax. So if the Cingular 650 is $449, I have the option to get it for $50.

They did write this on my contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew77
    I went to a Cingular store and told them I want to open an account, but that I'm waiting for the 650. They agreed to sell me the 600 now, use it, and exchange it for the 650 when Cingular starts to carry it (even beyond the time allowed under their return policy, which is a generous 30 days now) and just pay the difference in price as long as the 600 is in good condition.

I got the 600 yesterday as a new activation with a 2-year contract for $349 ($399 minus a $50 mail-in rebate) plus tax. So if the Cingular 650 is $449, I have the option to get it for $50.

They did write this on my contract.
    Good Deal. How is Cingular's internet service? As good as Sprint? I might look into that.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    No, Cingular's internet service is not as fast as Sprint's. Theirs is fastest. However, I fid it immensely helpful that while I'm using the internet, I can field phone calls. When on the net on a Sprint phone, calls just go into your voicemail. At least, that's my understanding.
    Yes, you are right about going to voicemail when online. Sprint seems slow to me, so Cingular must be at Turtle Speed. That wouldn't be good.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    As a Cingular user, I would say "Turtle Speed" is probably appropriate, at least when trying to use full Yahoo, ESPN.com, etc. I do as many WAP-optimized sites as possible. Those are perfectly fast, of course. I also find though when I'm traveling that some places seem to be faster than others.