Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 647
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    how do u plan a trip .. say from NY to Toronto. Cant i do this with one route?
    I'm not sure that I understand your question completely, but with TomTom, you have several options for planning a route. One is to simply enter a destination. It uses your current GPS location and calculates the route. There is also an option to plan a route from A to B, which is similar to if you went to mapquest and entered a start and endpoint. You can do this even without the GPS receiver, just using the maps to determine the best way to get from point A to point B.

    -Brian
  2. #142  
    I received the Holux 231 and tomtom software for xmas. The holux works really well. No complaints so far.

    As to the tomtom software, I don't know how it works, as I unwrapped the package and read the box: "tomtom for pocketpc".

    AAARRRRGHHH!

    Clue
  3. #143  
    I got the TomTom / Bluetooth receiver package for christmas....it's awesome. Clue, hope you can get the software exchanged for the Palm version quickly!

    My only real complaint is that it can't pick up addresses from the Palm address book.
  4. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    I'm not sure that I understand your question completely, but with TomTom, you have several options for planning a route. One is to simply enter a destination. It uses your current GPS location and calculates the route. There is also an option to plan a route from A to B, which is similar to if you went to mapquest and entered a start and endpoint. You can do this even without the GPS receiver, just using the maps to determine the best way to get from point A to point B.

    -Brian

    well i see ways to go from point to point when the routers are all in one map file.. but when i go to map from NY > Toronto, because toronto is a different map file i dont see anything from toronto come up when i try to map this route!
  5. #145  
    I noticed the maps in TomTom Navigator 2004 are significantly older then maps for my Garmin GPS. Seems like they are around 2-3 years old. Anyone know how often TomTom updates their maps?
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    well i see ways to go from point to point when the routers are all in one map file.. but when i go to map from NY > Toronto, because toronto is a different map file i dont see anything from toronto come up when i try to map this route!
    Ahhhhh. There are broader maps that you can use for this sort of thing. Within the US, you can load the "Major roads of the US" or one of the large regional maps. However, I don't see any maps that contain both US and Canada regions, which is what you would need for this. Maybe you should email their customer support and ask them about it. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is to do a route to the border, and then switch to a different map. Not as elegant.

    Or, just don't go to Canada.

    -Brian
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I noticed the maps in TomTom Navigator 2004 are significantly older then maps for my Garmin GPS. Seems like they are around 2-3 years old. Anyone know how often TomTom updates their maps?
    There's a major extension of a road in the St. Louis area that was opened about a year ago. It's not listed on the 2004 maps. TomTom has a place on their site where you can report map errors. I'm going to report this one and see what they have to say about when/how it can be updated. I'll let you know what I learn.

    -Brian
  8. #148  
    If you're talking about the Page Avenue Extension, don't worry... None of my newer MS Streets maps that I use on my laptop have it yet either... As much as MoDOT hyped this project up, Im surprised that it wasnt put into maps before it was completed!
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
  9. #149  
    I thought TomTom had the capabilty to navigate-to an address in a contact, but I do not see that as an option. Am I missing something?

    I'd like to be able to look something up in DirectoryAssistant and then use TT to get there. I thought copying the DA info into a contact would work.
  10. #150  
    So I know the cradle is originally for the T3. Please describe how the Treo650 fits in it. Nice fit? any issues, etc?
    Because it looks like the wraparound (or whatever it's called) on the cradle might make unwanted contact with some of the thumboard keys. Am I right?
    Or did you all buy it without the cradle, etc?
    Thanks,
    ~Markito
    Last edited by Markito; 12/26/2004 at 04:49 PM.
  11. #151  
    Hello all,

    Has anyone been able to find the TomTom 2004 software package sold separately? I already have a GPS receiver (been using Mapopolis for over a year with it). TomTom sounds very promising, especially in 3D mode. Thanks.
  12. #152  
    So is the rumor true that TomTom is coming out with some new software in 2005 for the treo650? Has anyone heard this? I'm not too clear on what the "benefits" would be of software for the t650 when users are already using TomTom on their t650. Anyone have some input?
  13. #153  
    As reported earlier, I had a heck of time using TomTom with iTrek, and think I finally figured out what's wrong with it. The latest version 4.42 exhited strange behaviours with bluetooth connectivity. However 4.40 seems to be working fine. I've been using it for the last few days and have not had any serious problems. There also seems to be some bluetooth problem reported on iTrek unit (see GPSPassion.com and search iTrek).
    My biggest problem right now is that everytime I do a backup using some backup programs, TomTom comes back with an error "Armcode not allocated", and had to do reinstall of the program to get it working. So I haven't been able to back up my 650 for a few days now, basically had to rely on Hotsync.

    If anyone was able to overcome "armcode not allocated" error, I'd like to know how.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    Hello all,

    Has anyone been able to find the TomTom 2004 software package sold separately? I already have a GPS receiver (been using Mapopolis for over a year with it). TomTom sounds very promising, especially in 3D mode. Thanks.
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...=57&Language=4

  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    So I know the cradle is originally for the T3. Please describe how the Treo650 fits in it. Nice fit? any issues, etc?
    Because it looks like the wraparound (or whatever it's called) on the cradle might make unwanted contact with some of the thumboard keys. Am I right?
    Or did you all buy it without the cradle, etc?
    Thanks,
    ~Markito
    Mine didn't come with a cradle. There isn't yet one for the T650. I'm hoping they'll come out with one though, but if not, there's a universal one from TomTom, or the Seidio cradle.

    -Brian
  16. #156  
    So does the T3 TomTom cradle do anything besides just hold the Treo650?
    Any other purpose?
    Or if I already have a cradle in my car to put my Treo650 in, I'm all set?
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    So does the T3 TomTom cradle do anything besides just hold the Treo650?
    Any other purpose?
    Or if I already have a cradle in my car to put my Treo650 in, I'm all set?
    I think (emphasis on *think*) that the T3 cradle can charge both the tomtom and the PDA at once. Not sure.

    The Seidio cradle, once it comes out, will have a connector to charge the T650 built in. I think it also has a DC out port that can be used to charge something else, such as a bluetooth receiver. If the voltage and current out of that port is correct, and the right cable can be purchased/made, then the Seidio cable could possibly charge both the TomTom and the T650.

    -Brian
  18. #158  
    Ahh..that must be what the TomTom Bluetooth cable with the Power connector on one end and RJ11 on the other end is for.

    It looks like if they made a cradle, Then there is a cig lighter adapter from the cradle to power the PAlm or PocketPC. There is an RJ11 on the cradle, in case you want to charge/power the BT module at the same time.
  19. #159  
    Anyone tried Tom Tom with the new Treo 650 Bluetooth CarKit update? My bluetooth speakerphone is working better than ever, but Tom Tom no longer locates the GPS unless I pull the power from the bluetooth speakerphone. It seems like it can only handle one bluetooth device at a time. :-(

    At least I'm lucky that I have an add-on bluetooth speakerphone, so I can pull the power. If it was built in to the car, I would really be screwed.

    Also, another quirk I've noticed (and this happened even before the CarKit update, and it still happens now after I power down the speakerphone so I can use the GPS)- I have to start Tom Tom twice before it recognizes the GPS - the first time it doesn't see the GPS, so I exit back to the launcher and then re-launch Tom Tom and then it finds the GPS. This is very consistent behavior. I'm using the latest 4.42 version for the T5, along with the Tom Tom bluetooth GPS.
  20. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #160  
    i dont actually have to power down bluetooth earpieces. rather, calls cant go thru the headset if the TomTom GPS is active. if the app is off, then it goes to bluetooth headset, if not you can have the earpiece on but when u hit answer it you have to talk thru the phone as regular. this occurs with me on a BT250
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions