Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    I was advised by Mapopolis tech support to soft reset the treo 650 2 times back to back.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't seem to help. My wife's 650 (still at Sprint 1.08) instantly recognizes the data flowing from my wired GPS, but mine doesn't.

I also took Shadowmite's advice (on another thread), and tested my combination immediately after a hard reset, without installing any third-party apps except for GpsPilot.com's Compass program. Still no luck.

So I think I have enough information to put in a legitimate case with PalmOne support. If I don't get any satisfaction from that, I'll have to revert to the 1.08 ROM.

I'll try to keep you all posted.
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    ...or not. When I try to use "email support" at PalmOne, I get passed off to SprintPCS.com. Like they're gonna care. I could use PalmOne's Help Forum, but it looks like I'm better off asking for help here on TreoCentral. Guess I'm on the path back to 1.08.
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    I just got the Navigator 5 TomTom and am having trouble getting the voices to work. Okamotos described the same problem - continually getting the error "you did not select a usable voice" no matter how many times it was installed.

Brett1111 responded with three suggestions but i can't figure out how to do them. he said to install the voices to the SD card as opposed to internal memory - how? the installer does not give me an option about where to install the voices (unlike the map itself) and i'm not sure which files to copy where if i do it manually (or how to do it that way).

can anyone help? running sprint 650 1.12.

i've got the navigator application running and love it, but i know i'm going to hit someone's car if it doesn't talk to me!

thanks,

parker
    You can download the standard voices for free off of tomtom's website and you can just copy those over to the card.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I have used GPSPilot's Atlas for years and love it's feature which lets me make my own raster maps. However, the new version does not work with my SIrf III Bluetooth GPS well. It tells me Im in the right place for a few seconds, then that I'm in North Africa, then back after a few more seconds.

If only I could rack up frequent flyer miles for all those trips.

The techs at GPS Pilot asked me to capture some of the text string from my GPS (Dont they have one of every GPS in the world to work with) and promised they'd look into it.

That has been a couple of weeks and now they don't answer my emails.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Bill Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by fpthomas
    I just got the Navigator 5 TomTom and am having trouble getting the voices to work. Okamotos described the same problem - continually getting the error "you did not select a usable voice" no matter how many times it was installed.

Brett1111 responded with three suggestions but i can't figure out how to do them. he said to install the voices to the SD card as opposed to internal memory - how? the installer does not give me an option about where to install the voices (unlike the map itself) and i'm not sure which files to copy where if i do it manually (or how to do it that way).

can anyone help? running sprint 650 1.12.

i've got the navigator application running and love it, but i know i'm going to hit someone's car if it doesn't talk to me!

thanks,

parker
    I had the exact same issue after installing the Nav5 upgrade. I spent about 3+ hours with Tomtom support, manually edited files and the registry and finally had to remove and reinstall. Still didn't fix it. The Nav5 install menu is FUBAR and was the cause of my probelm.

My issue was the menu showed the nav voices option being available, even though the wrong CD was in the drive. It would be in the menu, allow me to go through the process to install the voice and exit and still no voices! The tech was like "Geez Idunno?"

I asked the tech is it possible that it's because it can't find the voice files on the CD? Shazzam! Once I followed the same process with the correct CD that had the voices on it, it worked perfectly!

I told the tech that he needed to have that put in the FAQ's on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottydon't
    I had the exact same issue after installing the Nav5 upgrade. I spent about 3+ hours with Tomtom support, manually edited files and the registry and finally had to remove and reinstall. Still didn't fix it. The Nav5 install menu is FUBAR and was the cause of my probelm.

My issue was the menu showed the nav voices option being available, even though the wrong CD was in the drive. It would be in the menu, allow me to go through the process to install the voice and exit and still no voices! The tech was like "Geez Idunno?"

I asked the tech is it possible that it's because it can't find the voice files on the CD? Shazzam! Once I followed the same process with the correct CD that had the voices on it, it worked perfectly!

I told the tech that he needed to have that put in the FAQ's on the website.
    Training support techs is what we do.
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233