Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 647
  1. #581  
    Oh yeah, I've had so much installation trouble that I think that my registration code is no longer valid. After going through the online registration code process, the TomTom app simply wouldn't accept the code, even though I inputted it EXACTLY as it was presented on the website (with and without spaces). I haven't had a chance to input it ONCE into the Treo, much less twice. The Treo rejected it every time.

    Earlier in the thread, I read that TomTom suggested conducting a hard-reset in order to correct some sort of "registry problem" (presumably on the Treo). Did anyone find out whether a hard-reset was the only option (as opposed to deleting a single file)? If a hard-reset is required, does this mean that using BackupMan to restore your apps would re-install the "registry problem", and hence, couldn't be used to help restore the applications?
  2. #582  
    I use holder and mount from Proclip USA. I could not be happier with it.
  3. Treo Dude's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    So, is my supposition correct? And, if so, what is the preferred option here?
    With the lastest updates (1.08 of the Palm ROM and 4.42 TomTom Navigator (links elsewhere in this thread)) and a couple of soft resets, the phone now rings through hands free, interruping Navigator. When the call ends, I mannually launch Navigator (w/ hot button) and it picks up in my current position, continuing to destination.

    No wires. No prob.

    What a cool bunch of software and hardware!
  4. #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    Oh yeah, I've had so much installation trouble that I think that my registration code is no longer valid. After going through the online registration code process, the TomTom app simply wouldn't accept the code, even though I inputted it EXACTLY as it was presented on the website (with and without spaces). I haven't had a chance to input it ONCE into the Treo, much less twice. The Treo rejected it every time.

    Earlier in the thread, I read that TomTom suggested conducting a hard-reset in order to correct some sort of "registry problem" (presumably on the Treo). Did anyone find out whether a hard-reset was the only option (as opposed to deleting a single file)? If a hard-reset is required, does this mean that using BackupMan to restore your apps would re-install the "registry problem", and hence, couldn't be used to help restore the applications?
    No hard reset required. I have all my Tomtom files on my SD Card. If you install the app to SD card (I suggest this), most files will go into /TomTom directory on the SD card. The strange thing is that TomTom put's the application launcher file "start.prc" into /Palm instead of /Palm/Launcher/ on the SD Card. I use LauncherX as my launcher. This allows me to easily move start.prc into /Palm/Launcher on the card or into RAM. It's only 50k in size so I keep the start.prc in RAM and all other files on the SD Card in /TomTom.
  5. #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhacka
    i have tomtom 2004 and just installed it. i just need a keygen or crack for it.

    i have ton of palm and regular apps to trade for it. please get back to me.

    assadrizvi@optonline.net
    Moderators, please take note. cyberhacka aims to steal TomTom--this is wrong and illegal.
  6. #586  
    Oh to be 12 years old and kEwL...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #587  
    Has anyone used leadtek's new GPS 9553... with Tomtom 2004. It looks like a great receiver... What are ur opinons on the this...

    http://leadtek.com/gps/gps_9553_1.html
  8. #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Oh to be 12 years old and kEwL...
    Not sure what you intended by this statement, but allow me to quote from your information:

    "I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers"

    This is not a light-hearted matter and I think you'd agree that is not "honor"able either. In addition to crossing legal and moral boundaries, piracy increases costs for all of us who fork over our hard-earned money to pay honestly for our software.
  9. #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Not sure what you intended by this statement, but allow me to quote from your information:

    "I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers"

    This is not a light-hearted matter and I think you'd agree that is not "honor"able either. In addition to crossing legal and moral boundaries, piracy increases costs for all of us who fork over our hard-earned money to pay honestly for our software.
    Sarcasm, I believe is what that would be called. You would prefer I came right out and called him a jackass perhaps?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    This is not a light-hearted matter and I think you'd agree that is not "honor"able either. In addition to crossing legal and moral boundaries, piracy increases costs for all of us who fork over our hard-earned money to pay honestly for our software.
    And for the record, posted earlier by me:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82566
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #591  
    not sure who's dumber here...hacka or acoustic
  12. #592  
    There was a movie...Dumb and Dumber I believe it was called.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    There was a movie...Dumb and Dumber I believe it was called.
    Lloyd: So, where you headed?
    Mary: Aspen.
    Lloyd: Mmm, California... beautiful.
  14. #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    not sure who's dumber here...hacka or acoustic
    dutch, that was uncalled for and i'm a bit disappointed. just because online forums are relatively "anonymous" does not mean that we should disregard common respect and consideration.
  15. #595  
    I have been using the Palm One GPS with the TomTom software. So far I love it. The GPS receiver once lost the signal for a couple days. I was driving along my route and the screen froze and was no longer updating my position. When the street dead ended I figured it out. After reseting the device (battery disconnect) the Nav app said no valid gps signal was found. Sure enough the receiver's red light was flashing. It would not detect the gps signal (this was in the San Diego area) even though it was in plain view of the sky way in the front part of my Jeep dash board. I left it on without the charger to let the batteries run down, thinking that maybe a complete discharge might reset the device. Next time I turned it on no signal. But later I wanted the Nav and when I tried it, it worked. Palm site has no support for this device, only links to TomTom and the Asian manufacturer of the device (who has no support on their site at all). Oh well, seems to be working now.

    TomTom is an outstanding maps package. The European company is not well known yet here in the US as it is in Europe. The GO device is simply the best GPS nav for auto I have ever seen. Garmin is now attempting to copy them with its 2 most recent devices, but they seem overpriced. I have used GPS navs in other cars, and believe me when I tell you, TomTom maps are easier to read. You get more useful information faster.

    Does anyone know of a software map set for Mexico? I am in San Felipe, Baja and would love to be able to use a pc with a GPS (Treo would be best of course) but cannot find any electronic maps of Mexico???
  16. #596  
    I purchased the software to use with my Belkin bluetooth gps and it worked great. At least until my Belkin GPS died. Even though TomTom doesn't list their GPS seperately I was able to call them and order it to replace the dead Belkin. I must say that I prefer the TomTom GPS over the Belkin. It's a bit larger but finds satelites faster.

    Happy Ending to the Dead GPS...
    Belkin isn't supporting their Bluetooth GPS anymore so they are giving me a full refund.

    -Pertinax
  17. #597  
    I was having trouble getting TomTom to remember new favorites and it would always start me off with an old route that I had to clear. Now I was running TomTom from the card using ZLAuncher 5.x and figured that the file with the changes isn't getting copied back to the card. I didn't find out what file to manually add to the ZLauncher file list for TomTom but I found another way around the problem. When using the program and anticipate making changes (GPS, Route, favorites) I manually move the app to RAM and run it from there. When I am done with TomTom I move it back to the card manually and my changes are saved.

    I see this as a ZLauncher problem, not a TomTom problem. After all, ZLauncher is supposed to recognize when files are changed and update the card when exiting the app. Then again, perhaps TomTom is updating their file in a nonstandard way so ZLauncher can't detect config file changes.

    Since the work around, I have no issues with the TomTom app.

    Pertinax
  18. #598  
    Regarding zlauncher, I have PowerRun and don't use it to run tomtom. My tomtom installed to the card, and uses very little memory. It's great software.
  19. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #599  
    How much was the GPS? My Belkin died also, but it's a battery problem they can replace, apparently.

    Any more contact info, etc.?

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by pertinax
    I purchased the software to use with my Belkin bluetooth gps and it worked great. At least until my Belkin GPS died. Even though TomTom doesn't list their GPS seperately I was able to call them and order it to replace the dead Belkin. I must say that I prefer the TomTom GPS over the Belkin. It's a bit larger but finds satelites faster.

    Happy Ending to the Dead GPS...
    Belkin isn't supporting their Bluetooth GPS anymore so they are giving me a full refund.

    -Pertinax
  20. #600  
    I got the Palm One GPS w/Tom Tom software new on eBay for about $210. Someone had many of these units... maybe still does.

Posting Permissions