Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233 LastLast
    Navigator 4 is actually called TomTom Navigator 2004.

As to V4 (2004), I have had quite a bit of difficulty getting it to work well with my T650. If V5 comes out in a SD card format, I believe the problems will go away. But so far, it has failed twice to perform as expected.

Part of the problem is getting the i.TREK receiver to pair with the 650. Other problems are the install of (for example a florida map). The install process is not user friendly. Having a SD card you just have to stick in and run is far far better. Having 8 cds or so is not so hot.

And, eventhough the BT i.TREK receiver does not show up on my t650 as a device, Tommy is still defining routes for me (and not to mentione the maps do not show up on the SD card -but these problems COULD BE Treo and not Tommy).

But, that being said, when Tom (or should I say Tomisina ) says turn left in 400 yards and you are 100 yards from the turn, NOT GOOD. AND when you plug in your home address (ie 2286) and it only gives you from 2805 to 9999 - NOT GOOD.

So, so far, (even though the jury is still out), I would be hanging Tom from the gallows for spending my money.

Lets hope (for me at least) that V5 cures some of these (at least my) problems.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bob777
    Navigator 4 is actually called TomTom Navigator 2004.

As to V4 (2004), I have had quite a bit of difficulty getting it to work well with my T650. If V5 comes out in a SD card format, I believe the problems will go away. But so far, it has failed twice to perform as expected.

Part of the problem is getting the i.TREK receiver to pair with the 650. Other problems are the install of (for example a florida map). The install process is not user friendly. Having a SD card you just have to stick in and run is far far better. Having 8 cds or so is not so hot.

And, eventhough the BT i.TREK receiver does not show up on my t650 as a device, Tommy is still defining routes for me (and not to mentione the maps do not show up on the SD card -but these problems COULD BE Treo and not Tommy).

But, that being said, when Tom (or should I say Tomisina ) says turn left in 400 yards and you are 100 yards from the turn, NOT GOOD. AND when you plug in your home address (ie 2286) and it only gives you from 2805 to 9999 - NOT GOOD.

So, so far, (even though the jury is still out), I would be hanging Tom from the gallows for spending my money.

Lets hope (for me at least) that V5 cures some of these (at least my) problems.

Bob
    Have you updated the TomTom software to 4.42? I initially also had problems with recognizing the i.Trek but it appears that things got better after I installed version 4.42. The other thing I do is I leave the i.Trek always pluggedin in the car. When I now get close to the car and star Tomtom, it only takes a couple of seconds to find the i.Trek unit (you'd think that this is the way it's supposed to be...). In Tomtom, I have better luck setting the GPS to "Other Bluetooth GPS" intead of TomTom GPS.
    this is strange software (TT Naviagator 2004).. Once again, It had me type in the code for the BT receiver but it still does not show up on the Treo BT menus. Also, how do I tell what version of TT I have?
    The 650 and TomTom are a godsend. Im sorry you are having trouble with the other gps unit.

I find myself wanting to defend Tomtom because it works so darn well for me. Sure a few times I have to restart Navigator but my gosh, what an awesome piece of software.

Seems like your problems are more related to your specific setup than all users.

Just wanted to provide a diff take, because currently Tomtom is exceeding my expectations.

Cip
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by bob777
    this is strange software (TT Naviagator 2004).. Once again, It had me type in the code for the BT receiver but it still does not show up on the Treo BT menus. Also, how do I tell what version of TT I have?
    I agree that the documentation is bad. Once you get it going, you will love it (I do!).

You can find the version in two ways. 1. Click on the battery/signal strength meter. It will get you to the "route" screen. On the right side, you can see the version just above the "Done" key. Click the version and a new screen will open telling you the software version. You can also get there via the Preferences/About.. screen.

Get the 4.42 version from tomtom/support/updates.

My i.Trek only shows up in the "Trusted Devices" list. It looks like that the Bluetooth for the 650 has a lot of problems. Try installing a Trused Device (search for) and the i.Trek will show up.
    thanks but it appears that v4.42 is for TomTom Go (and not the Palm Navigator version). I did searches for 4.42 and nothing came up for the palm Doing a search on updates gets me the 4.40 version which is what is installed.

As to the Trusted Devices, the BT receiver does not show up (going through set up devices on the bt treo icon). However at different times (starting TomTom), it does show up.

I would say that this is certainly attributable to the problems Palm is having with their BT functionality and the reason they are coming out with a ROM update this month.

Thanks anyway.

Bob
    Im running app version 4.420 (2869) on my 650. Try it, It may fix your problems.

http://www.tomtom.com/updates/palm_ttnav4x_T5.exe
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I understand that only one BT connection can operate at a time.

So, to be able to answer calls legally/safely while driving, what is the best option?

Presumably either the headset or the GPS unit has to be wired. It's either that or a standalone GPS like the Tom Tom Go instead of using the 650?

Any other option?
    So, is my supposition correct? And, if so, what is the preferred option here?
    Does TomTom or another manufacturer make a cradle that fits Treo 650? I just ordered the "TomTom Navagator 2004 Bluetooth GPS for Palm." I didn't see a car kit that was compatible with the Treo 650. Does anyone know of a source for cradle that is made for the 650? Thanks.

Cougar
    Palmon.com has one I believe
    cipro... I used your link and downloaded 4.42.... I will let ya know.... thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar
    Does TomTom or another manufacturer make a cradle that fits Treo 650? I just ordered the "TomTom Navagator 2004 Bluetooth GPS for Palm." I didn't see a car kit that was compatible with the Treo 650. Does anyone know of a source for cradle that is made for the 650? Thanks.

Cougar
    Check out
    http://www.seidioonline.com/
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    So, is my supposition correct? And, if so, what is the preferred option here?
    I asked the same question a while back - but no response.

I'm so hooked on the hands-free bluetooth, that for now, I've given up Navigator
    Thanks I'll check it out.
    Thanks. Seidio has quite a few options. Any recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Dude
    I asked the same question a while back - but no response.

I'm so hooked on the hands-free bluetooth, that for now, I've given up Navigator
    So why not just get a wired GPS? That's what the the Seido discussion is about. I'll probably do that when they come out with a Sirf III wired GPS.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I figured that was the route most have been going down. Is the Seidio the highest rated?

But every answer brings another question! What's Sirf III?
    I figured that was the route most have been going down. Is the Seidio the highest rated?

But every answer brings another question! What's Sirf III?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=Sirf+III
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Cheers, Curly!
    Quote Originally Posted by NADLER
    I had installation trouble also, but the install went well after I figured out that you shouldn't hotsync after loading each item, just one hotsysnc after the program and voices did the trick.
    Hmm. I'm having this problem too. After your initial error, did you have to do a hard reset before reinstalling all the TomTom components, or did you just erase the old components/SD card directories by hand (via FileZ, or ZLauncher File Manager, etc.) before the reinstallation?

I would hate to have to do a hard reset and be forced to reinstall all my other applications manually (after relying on BackupMan, this would be a real drag).
    Last edited by tcc; 04/02/2005 at 11:31 AM.