Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 LastLast
    [QUOTE=acousticbiker][QUOTE=cstorer]-If a call comes in and you answer it, you will get kicked out of TomTom. You can however re-enter TomTom *while on the phone* and it will continue your route where you left off. If you're on the phone you don't get voice prompts, but you can navigate while talking.

cstorer, will this work while using a BT headset and TT BT GPS unit?
    I can't verify this myself (I don't use a BT headset), but I'm going to guess the answer is no due to the existing issues I've heard of requireing you to disable then re-enable bluetooth if you take a call on a BT headset.

I can however confirm that I can talk and use TT just fine w/ my wired headset, you just have to re-launch TT after accepting the call as it will kick you out when you pick up.
    Anyone know if there is some way to disable the KB backlight while running TT? I haven't actually tried anything like kblightsoff yet, but wondering if anyone else has experience with this.

When driving at night the brightness of the KB bathes the inside of my car with a warm glow, and the reflection of the KB on my windshield is extremely annoying/distracting (the display doesn't reflect as the lip on my bellagio case blocks it, but the KB reflects massively).

I'm assuming the KB stays lit because the phone is actively being used...Not sure if it's a TT thing or a Treo thing though, or if any of the KBlight modifiers would have any effect while TT is running...

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    How about actually trying kblightsoff? Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Ok...

Just finished a trip from Knoxville to Nashville to watch some NCAA games.

Was in a buddy's 04 Lexus with Navigation. The 650 preformed as well or better than his in dash system. We both liked the 3d view better than the overhead view of his indash.

One big downside was that Downtown Nashville has had extensive road work done and the TomTom wanted us to go down a 1 way road to get to our Hotel. Once we went past the 1 way, the TT rerouted us to the Hotel.

We were both amazed that the phone was as good as the 2k lexus addon.

Its a keeper for sure. Those of you on the fence, that want Navigation, dont delay. I agonized for weeks. I wish I would have ordered it sooner.

2 1/2 hours of leaving TomTom on....(USING KBLIGHTSOFF) used about 10% of batt.

Cipro
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by cstorer
    I can't verify this myself (I don't use a BT headset), but I'm going to guess the answer is no due to the existing issues I've heard of requireing you to disable then re-enable bluetooth if you take a call on a BT headset.

I can however confirm that I can talk and use TT just fine w/ my wired headset, you just have to re-launch TT after accepting the call as it will kick you out when you pick up.
    Installing the CarKit update from PalmOne fixed the "must reset bluetooth" issue for me.
    i found this site for tom tom and its only 208.99 shipped

http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/tona20usawib.html
    I just took a 3 hr. trip today in Pennsylvania and it took me to some great backroads and with less time then the more direct routes. I felt utter confidence in getting lost and not worrying about finding my way back. Thanks guys and TomTom!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy
    i found this site for tom tom and its only 208.99 shipped

http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/tona20usawib.html

Semsons is a realler good retailer to deal with. For that price I will probably make a purchase today!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Since I did the Sprint update I noticed that when running TT after the 15 seconds during phone use, now even TT dims after 30 seconds it goes almost black, anyone else???
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Does it generate real-time directions? I'd love it if someone could test something for me:

When I use Mapopolis, and try to generate a route between Union County, NJ, and Westchester County, NY, it takes almost 5 minutes to process, and then it crashes. I read somewhere on GPSPassion that TomTom would generate the same route in 20 seconds. Can you confirm this?
    That's because it gets stuck in traffic on the GW bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Installing the CarKit update from PalmOne fixed the "must reset bluetooth" issue for me.
    I use an iTrek GPS w/ a BT adapter to Mapopolis on the 650. Do not have to reset BT after a call but I do have to restart Mapopolis.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I understand that only one BT connection can operate at a time.

So, to be able to answer calls legally/safely while driving, what is the best option?

Presumably either the headset or the GPS unit has to be wired. It's either that or a standalone GPS like the Tom Tom Go instead of using the 650?

Any other option?
    I bought the TomTom package with i.Trek GPS this week and I am really happy. I have an unlocked GSM and use it with T-Mobile.

Will the CarKit update from Cingular add anything for me? Has anybody installed it? The P1 web site says "not required" for unlocked GSM units but is says that for the OS and Firmware upgrade, too
    Help. I had TomTom Navigator 2004 up and running (after multiple install attempts), using an I.Trek receiver on a Treo 650. I was comparing it with a Cobra NavOne 3000 system already in my car. I was able to pair the I.Trek to my Treo 650 but after a short time, TomTom stopped functioning and now, I cannot get the Treo 650 to pair with the I.Trek again. It is not even listed. I called semsons.com and they said to take the I.Trek batter our for a few hours (to let it reset) and try it.... that didnt work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do to get the 650 to see the I.Trek again. It is not listed in trusted devices (but the BT headset is listed twice (which by the way, how can I delete the duplicate headset entry)).
    Quote Originally Posted by bob777
    Help. I had TomTom Navigator 2004 up and running (after multiple install attempts), using an I.Trek receiver on a Treo 650. I was comparing it with a Cobra NavOne 3000 system already in my car. I was able to pair the I.Trek to my Treo 650 but after a short time, TomTom stopped functioning and now, I cannot get the Treo 650 to pair with the I.Trek again. It is not even listed. I called semsons.com and they said to take the I.Trek batter our for a few hours (to let it reset) and try it.... that didnt work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do to get the 650 to see the I.Trek again. It is not listed in trusted devices (but the BT headset is listed twice (which by the way, how can I delete the duplicate headset entry)).
    Looks like your bluetooth is screwed up. Not sure what to tell you. My i.Trek is working great! You need to try to get it listed again in the trusted device list. Have you tried a soft and hard (make sure you have a backup!) reset yet?
    I just came across this thread and really enjoyed the discussions/info. I am left with questions in two areas, based on the hardware I have:

(1) I have a Sprint Treo 600. Does anyone have experience/comments on using a wired GPS receiver with a T600 and TomTom? The TomTom site appears to indicate that the "Navigator 2004 Wired GPS for Palm" package is compatible only with the Tungsten C. Is that correct? If it is compatible with the Treo 600, does the wired receiver offer the same GPS features as the bluetooth version?

(2) I use only Mac computers. The question has been asked several times in this thread, but I don't remember any definitive answers as to how to get the software onto the Treo from a Mac, other than some variation of "use a Windows box instead of a Mac." I don't have VirtualPC but probably could get it, but there was some reported problem with that route. Can the program files not be installed directly with a Mac by copying from the CD to the HotSync installation window? As for the map files, I have an SD card reader; can I readily install maps from the CD to the card with my Mac?

Thanks.
    Does the TomTom Navigator 3 software have some sort of (customizable) status screen with for instance a speedometer, the name of the current road, distance travelled since reset/start of journey, max speed, average speed, those sort of things?

Regards,

Christopher
    --
    What is the specified voltage of the AC charger when bought in the US, will it work in Europe as well with just a plug adaptor, or does it only run on 110V?

Christopher
    Europe
    According to this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ad.php?t=79055
    the upcoming version 5 of TomTom Navigator (where did 4 go? Oh, well, never mind...) will be a free download if you already have 3, but apart from being guaranteed compatible to the Treo650 (according to the TomTom homepage) does anyone know what other differences there are between version 3 and 5?

/Christopher
    If I decide to buy TomTom Navigator 3 or 5, I'm certain my needs for road guidance will be sufficiently covered, but how about those days when I decide to take my boat for a ride, are there any similar marine map solutions for the 650?

/Christopher