Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro
    SO you guys who just got the bundel...are you happy whith what u got from buy.com?
    100% satisfied
    I am very happy with the product, they shipped it to me in two days.
    Went ahead and took the plunge....found the vent clip holder at Radio shack, so I figured I needed the gps too

Cip
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    From TOMTOM

TomTom Navigator on the Treo 650: The Phone feature of the Treo 650 must be switchced off while using TomTom Navigator. If a call is taken or made while TomTom Navigator is in use you will have to restart it and replan the route.

Are u guys really turning the phone radio off???

I get gobs of calls a day....prob in excess of 50, does that mean each call will reset any route i am on>?

Cip
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Cip, I think the the statement above is really confused. First they say the phone must be switched off, but then they say "if a call is taken or made while TomTom Navigator is in use"... It's either one or the other, right?

Trust me, you can have the phone on and take calls, but it will kick you out of the program, so you have to go back into it. But it will remember where you're navigating to, so it's not that big a deal...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Cip,

I leave the phone on. If a call comes in, after hanging up I just start navigator again, choose navigate to a "recent destination", and then choose the most recent destination I was going to. Then I'm good to go. About three touches on the screen, and I'm back on track. No big deal.

Clue
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    Cip,

I leave the phone on. If a call comes in, after hanging up I just start navigator again, choose navigate to a "recent destination", and then choose the most recent destination I was going to. Then I'm good to go. About three touches on the screen, and I'm back on track. No big deal.

Clue
    I don't even need to do anything else besides just starting TT back up again. It automatically finds where I'm at after the call is over and calculates the route automatically from there.
    awesome.....thanks for the info

ups says it will be here today
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I don't even need to do anything else besides just starting TT back up again. It automatically finds where I'm at after the call is over and calculates the route automatically from there.

Hmmm....I'll have to check mine again. Does it matter how long your phone call lasts? Do you ever lose your route?

Clue
    I don't lose my route after a phone call. After the call, I click on Navigator, click on the I agree screen and it has saved my route an knows my position. Could that be the difference between version 4.40 and 4.42?
    I have version 4.40 and after receiving a call, I have to replan the route. Are you using 4.42?
    Quote Originally Posted by webelevy
    I have version 4.40 and after receiving a call, I have to replan the route. Are you using 4.42?
    This is one of the changes TomTom claims for 4.42, but there must be others as well since 4.42 was a special release for Treo 650 and Tungsten T5, but the T5 doesn't receive phone calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by webelevy
    Yes, update to 4.42. It works and you won't have that problem.
    Thanks to all who have kept this thread alive....

Got my buy.com order and I love it...
    Just wanted to add my experience with Tom Tom on my 650. While I love the software and it works great I do have a few small gripes that I thought I'd post here just as an FYI:

- No integration with palm contacts. It would be very helpful to pull in addresses from there.
    - inability to be on the phone AND use the software at the same time
    - inability to add any kind of comment to addresses entered (see comment #1).

Other than that, I'm very happy with the combo. Now I just have to pick up one of those vent clips from radio shack.

quick shot of the screen around the time I bought it:

http://www.theswansonfamily.us/album...2343.sized.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by a4kquattro
    Just wanted to add my experience with Tom Tom on my 650. While I love the software and it works great I do have a few small gripes that I thought I'd post here just as an FYI:

- No integration with palm contacts. It would be very helpful to pull in addresses from there.
    - inability to add any kind of comment to addresses entered (see comment #1).

Other than that, I'm very happy with the combo. Now I just have to pick up one of those vent clips from radio shack.

quick shot of the screen around the time I bought it:
    a4kquatro - The lack of contact integration sucks, but a few notes (I'm running the updated version):

-If a call comes in and you answer it, you will get kicked out of TomTom. You can however re-enter TomTom *while on the phone* and it will continue your route where you left off. If you're on the phone you don't get voice prompts, but you can navigate while talking.

-You can, in a way, add comment/description to addresses entered - if you add the address as a favorite you can call it whatever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by a4kquattro

- inability to add any kind of comment to addresses entered (see comment #1).[/img]
    I believe the new TomTom Navigator 5 (estimated availability in April/May) will address some of these issues. http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...=78&Language=4 Also see their CeBIT prease releases (search on Yahoo, etc.).

In some instances, they've indicated it will be a free upgrade, but that hasn't always been clear.
    [QUOTE=cstorer]-If a call comes in and you answer it, you will get kicked out of TomTom. You can however re-enter TomTom *while on the phone* and it will continue your route where you left off. If you're on the phone you don't get voice prompts, but you can navigate while talking.[QUOTE]

cstorer, will this work while using a BT headset and TT BT GPS unit?
    Since I've installed TT, I notice that with every Hotsync, there is listed in the log:

"OK Install TomTom Maps 1.37"

This is seen both at the beginning and at the end (just prior to backups) of each Hotsync. Is this normal? Is this necessary?
    One other thing: this weekend I was traveling in the the Colorado high-country and was in extended areas of patchy Sprint coverage. I was having multiple resets of TT while in these areas. Has anyone else noticed crashes while in spotty Sprint coverage areas? Of note, I do have Treo Helper loaded and set to automatically power down the phone after a period of searching for a signal...could it be an incompatibility with Treo Helper trying to power the phone down?