Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    You still need to restart TomTom manually (though it automatically picks up where you left off once you start it). This isn't a TomTom issue or fix. The problem was that if you used a bluetooth GPS, you couldn't then use a bluetooth headset (to answer the call, for example) until you turned off and turned on Bluetooth to reset it.

With the Carkit patch, that is no longer necessary -- Bluetooth just works regardless.
    I asked because I have been able to do what you describe just fine on my Sprint T650 without the p1 BT patch...so I'm not sure that's what did it for you.
    Earlier I asked if TOMTOM USA works on the 650. Does anyone know, or do you need navigator 2004. If so is there an upgrade path?
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    What is the best bluetooth gps for the money? Has anyone had any experiences with this one:

https://mytreo.net/store/product.php...fa385e7dc14252

or this one:

http://semsons.com/iblgpsre16ch.html
    I got the iTrek/TomTom bundle from Semsons on Tuesday and it's the best money I've spent in a while (See my previous post in this thread). The iTrek was alot smaller than I thought it was going to be...it has a pretty quick warm up time too. I put the iTrek in my glove compartment and it worked fine...picking up as few as 4 sats and as many as 8 while in the glove box.

I think the Semsons bundle is the best deal because you get the free vent clip with it. It's the same vent clip that Seidio uses apparently (or at least they look identical to me...the only difference appears to be the actual cradle itself). Although, I'm still considering getting a Seidio cradle/vent clip for the recharging capabilities of the phone. If Seidio wants to send me their GSM version to test/review...I'm available!

I used the iTrek for a 6 hour drive today and didn't have a single problem. When a call came in, I took it, then fired Navigator back up, and the iTrek didn't miss a beat. The routing is extremely fast and I'm pretty pleased with the routes it generates. The only issue is outdated maps in my area. TomTom could do a better job on providing more accurate maps. For example, a major freeway extension in my area was completed just over 2 years ago, but it doesn't exist on the Navigator 2004 map set. Still, I'm really enjoying the TomTom/Treo GPS system...it's a great mix of fun/functionality.
    Last edited by thewildman; 03/04/2005 at 12:17 AM.
    Can you use the itrek with Mapopolis? Or does it really matter which software you use?
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGuy
    You can install the app, voices and maps to a SD card. Only a small 50kb stub stays in main memory.

Utah (my state) is 9mb. The whole US is about 850mb.
    If your state is, say, 12mb and you only have 9mb available will this be able to run? Does it just pull out local maps instead of a whole state map and run it in you 650 memory and leave the rest on the sd card?

jc
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Can you use the itrek with Mapopolis? Or does it really matter which software you use?
    Yes. I use the iTrek with Mapopolis.

The GPS units are standard and pretty much interchangeable. The software seems to see the same thing, regardless of the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    Ti- maniac,

I received the same thing. Navigator USA only works on pocketpc. Just call tomtom, as there is a free upgrade to 2004. They'll ship it right out.

Clue
    I still have the plastic on it. I am completely unable to contact tomtom. What phone number did you use? The one I am using is 978-267-9555 x1, although it does not seem to matter what extension you use, you only get recordings. They say they will call back but never do. I have now left seven messages.

Does anyone know if the downloadable upgrade works with Navigator USA to make it into Navigator 2004 for the 650? Otherwise I wasted $135. I do not think tigergps gives refunds.
    I tried the 978-267-9555 and get a number is disconnected message
    Tom Tom's number is 978-287-9555
    Got em! Called me back in about 6 hrs and are sending a replacement for the TT USA version I got from TigerGPS at no charge. I can't fault them on their customer service!
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt
    If your state is, say, 12mb and you only have 9mb available will this be able to run? Does it just pull out local maps instead of a whole state map and run it in you 650 memory and leave the rest on the sd card?

jc
    It doesn't seem to copy the maps to local like Mapopolis does -- TomTom just runs them directly from the SD card (much faster than Mapopolis does out of memory, I might add). I have the whole US on my 1GB SD card - each region is about 150 - 250 MB, far too large to copy into memory, and they all work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildman
    I got the iTrek/TomTom bundle from Semsons on Tuesday and it's the best money I've spent in a while (See my previous post in this thread). The iTrek was alot smaller than I thought it was going to be...it has a pretty quick warm up time too. I put the iTrek in my glove compartment and it worked fine...picking up as few as 4 sats and as many as 8 while in the glove box.

I think the Semsons bundle is the best deal because you get the free vent clip with it. It's the same vent clip that Seidio uses apparently (or at least they look identical to me...the only difference appears to be the actual cradle itself). Although, I'm still considering getting a Seidio cradle/vent clip for the recharging capabilities of the phone. If Seidio wants to send me their GSM version to test/review...I'm available!

I used the iTrek for a 6 hour drive today and didn't have a single problem. When a call came in, I took it, then fired Navigator back up, and the iTrek didn't miss a beat. The routing is extremely fast and I'm pretty pleased with the routes it generates. The only issue is outdated maps in my area. TomTom could do a better job on providing more accurate maps. For example, a major freeway extension in my area was completed just over 2 years ago, but it doesn't exist on the Navigator 2004 map set. Still, I'm really enjoying the TomTom/Treo GPS system...it's a great mix of fun/functionality.
    You can get the vent clip at Radio Shack for $24.95 - just for comparison purposes when you're figuring out what you got included.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    You can get the vent clip at Radio Shack for $24.95 - just for comparison purposes when you're figuring out what you got included.
    Seidio offers G2100 car kit at $ 49.95. it is Treo 650 specific cradle, just slide in. It can hold and charge your Treo 650. It also can charge your blue tooth receiver from the cradle with an optional charging cable. I think it is a very
    deal. I wish they can offer a package which includes

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=CK4AG21TR650

1) BT receiver
    2) G2100S
    3) Tomtom navigator 2004
    Last edited by trip; 03/05/2005 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    Tom Tom's number is 978-287-9555
    Sorry for the typo. The called me back after two days and are sending me the upgrade. The did say also that the 650 Navigator 2004 finally went "up" yesterday. I checked tomtom's site and it is true, the product is no longer listed as backordered, you can now buy it there.
    I just bought mine (Tom Tom 2004 Navigator bundle) from buy.com with a 15% discount code for $217 shipped! Wohoo!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Here's that link to people needing to upgrade to 2004:
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...=48&Language=4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottydon't
    I just bought mine (Tom Tom 2004 Navigator bundle) from buy.com with a 15% discount code for $217 shipped! Wohoo!
    Hi, Scottydon't

I am interested in buying the TomTom GPS bundle. Appreciated if you would share your doscount code so other people want to buy also might get 15% off as well.

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottydon't
    Where did you get the 15% off code?

jc
    This was posted in the first couple of pages in this post.

Try here for the TomTom
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...8&loc=101&sp=1

And here for the 15% discount
    http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp...624&dcaid=1688

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/jammin.gif
    SO you guys who just got the bundel...are you happy whith what u got from buy.com?
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!