Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    The passcode for TT GPS is 0000.
    I had installation trouble also, but the install went well after I figured out that you shouldn't hotsync after loading each item, just one hotsysnc after the program and voices did the trick.
    Thanks NADLER. Howcome the manual does not mention that?

Anyways now it's working so I will see how good it is now!!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Hey David,
    With the M version, will the mic be disabled on the Treo, if you don't plug in an external mic?

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    It will be ready today

David Chang
    Seidio
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Actually, on point 2), the wired serial version of TT does not plug directly into the Treo, but it appears as though it will plug into the Seido cradle. Which is nice-- no turning on the Bluetooth GPS unit, no wondering if it's charged, no losing the GPS unit, no pairing issues, etc. (though now your serial GPS unit is tied into your Treo, and that's all you'll ever use it for unless Seidio continues to make cradles for your next device.)

I'm all for Bluetooth, but the hassle of using a Bluetooth GPS unit has been cumbersome, when you're just going to stick your Treo in a cradle, have it simply turn on, ready for GPS and I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), the ability to accept phone calls while using TomTom.

So, it eliminates multiple steps in my mind, and is the simplest way of using my phone. Seidio has it done right! (Now they just have to work on their brand/design.)

Quote Originally Posted by Treo Dude
    I'm not sure I'm following. If I understand, you 1) already have a BT GPS, 2) bought a TT that will hook into your 650 w/wires and 3) have a Seido cradle on order...so you don't intend to use the BT GPS receiver you already have, but will hook the serial TT into your Seido?

The Seidio 2100 or 2500 are overkill for me. I really don't need to have the TT hooked up 24/7 and don't need power to the phone or an external speaker (the 600 one did, but the 650 is plenty loud for me.)

I already have the BT TT. I just need a simple vent mount (i.e. the ipod model if people think that is best) and a way to (occasionally) hook up a wired GPS receiver so I can use TT in a BT equipped vehicle. (The hands-free BT in the car works great, I don't want to give that up regardless.)

The car has power inside the armrest, so I could stick the wired GPS in there (the BT TT works fine in the glovebox of a non-BT vehicle) and just pull out the cable and plug it into the 650 for the occasions when I want GPS.

Not the prettiest, but I need it so rarely, it would be better looking than a 3rd party permanently mounted cradle.

...of course the ideal solution would be for TomTom or Acura to figure out a way to hand off the BT between them - but I'm not holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by KPZerone
    Thanks NADLER. Howcome the manual does not mention that?

Anyways now it's working so I will see how good it is now!!

This is not meant as a flame b/c you may be a bluetooth newB, but almost all bluetooth devices have an initial passcode of 0000 when you try to pair them with a mobile device. But you're right, it should have said that in the set up manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    This is not meant as a flame b/c you may be a bluetooth newB, but almost all bluetooth devices have an initial passcode of 0000 when you try to pair them with a mobile device. But you're right, it should have said that in the set up manual.
    But it actually DID say that in the Quick Setup guide (the only hardcopy documentation actually included in the package)...so I don't think TT is at fault here.
    In that case my apologies.

I wonder how I could have missed it. I will check again once I go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    But it actually DID say that in the Quick Setup guide (the only hardcopy documentation actually included in the package)...so I don't think TT is at fault here.
    Just got TomTom installed on my 650 today...what a sweet program! Got the bundle from semsons.com at a great price. The included vent mount for the Treo works perfectly. And the iTrek Bluetooth GPS was even smaller than expected. Slipped it in the glovebox and it still finds 8 satellites! Haven't had a single problem yet after a day of solid use driving around town and mapping routes.
    Which car mount do you guys use? ProClip seems to be overkill for me.. I am thinking about getting a cheap vent mount one just to hold treo. Any recommendation? I looked thru accessaries forum but could only find ProClip or Seido, which are too expensive for my taste..
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Hey David,
    With the M version, will the mic be disabled on the Treo, if you don't plug in an external mic?
    HI, G2100M comes with the built in audio jack at the bottom of the cradle. When you slide Treo 650 inot the cradle, the internal Mic will be disabled even the external mic is not plugged in.

Out of 4 car kits we offer for Treo 650, only G2100S does not have built-in audio jack. You can still us the Treo 650 Mic and speaker.

G2100S

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=CK4AG21TR650

For all G2100 series car kits, it allows you to access to the antenna port in the back of Treo 650.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by KPZerone
    Which car mount do you guys use? ProClip seems to be overkill for me.. I am thinking about getting a cheap vent mount one just to hold treo. Any recommendation? I looked thru accessaries forum but could only find ProClip or Seido, which are too expensive for my taste..
    Seidio offers G2100S at $ 49.95. It is model specific and can hold and charge your Treo 650. It allows you to use the wired GPS or BT receiver. It has DC out to charge your BT receiver with an optional cable.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=CK4AG21TR650

Seidio
    I think I got screwed.

I purchased Tomtom Navigator from TigerGPS and got tomtom navigaotr USA not navigator 2004. And I think I saw that you have to pay for an upgrade to the 2004 on the tomtom website.

I haven't taken the plastic off yet, but will this work on my 650?
    Interesting news...a friend just installed TomTom Navigator 2004 on her new GSM Treo 650. The bluetooth issue where you have to turn bluetooth off/on to reset it after using the GPS doesn't happen. Apparently it's a Sprint PCS Treo 650 issue that was fixed with the GSM version. We can stop bugging TomTom and start bugging Sprint/PalmOne for the patch...
    looking at the seidio 2500M online. it says its for the CDMA version. does it matter? will it work for the GSM 650 also?
    Quote Originally Posted by blur212
    looking at the seidio 2500M online. it says its for the CDMA version. does it matter? will it work for the GSM 650 also?
    Our current version of G2500M only works for CDMA Treo 650 version (Sprint). We will release the GSM version next week.

Seidio
    Ti- maniac,

I received the same thing. Navigator USA only works on pocketpc. Just call tomtom, as there is a free upgrade to 2004. They'll ship it right out.

Clue
    What is the best bluetooth gps for the money? Has anyone had any experiences with this one:

https://mytreo.net/store/product.php...fa385e7dc14252

or this one:

http://semsons.com/iblgpsre16ch.html
    Last edited by jayzee; 03/03/2005 at 07:12 AM.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    (Just put this as a separate thread, but thought the readers of this one would be interested).

I just installed PalmOne's Carkit update because a friend bought an Acura and I wanted to try it. On a hunch I tried TomTom and used my headset WITHOUT resetting the bluetooth first. It now works.

PalmOne's Carkit update for the Sprint PCS Treo 650 means you can switch back and forth between the Bluetooth GPS and the Bluetooth headset freely with no problems. If you have TomTom, it's a must install:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...tml#installwin
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    (Just put this as a separate thread, but thought the readers of this one would be interested).

I just installed PalmOne's Carkit update because a friend bought an Acura and I wanted to try it. On a hunch I tried TomTom and used my headset WITHOUT resetting the bluetooth first. It now works.

PalmOne's Carkit update for the Sprint PCS Treo 650 means you can switch back and forth between the Bluetooth GPS and the Bluetooth headset freely with no problems. If you have TomTom, it's a must install:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...tml#installwin
    Do you mean that while using TT, if a phone call comes in and you take it, it will automatically return to TT where you left off? Or do you need to relaunch that app (which then places you back based on your new location)? Please clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Do you mean that while using TT, if a phone call comes in and you take it, it will automatically return to TT where you left off? Or do you need to relaunch that app (which then places you back based on your new location)? Please clarify.
    You still need to restart TomTom manually (though it automatically picks up where you left off once you start it). This isn't a TomTom issue or fix. The problem was that if you used a bluetooth GPS, you couldn't then use a bluetooth headset (to answer the call, for example) until you turned off and turned on Bluetooth to reset it.

With the Carkit patch, that is no longer necessary -- Bluetooth just works regardless.