Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Hmm... It looks like you can get them cheaper if you don't buy the package:

$129.95 + $90.00 = $219.95

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=CK8CG25MTR650
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=GRW300%2DRJ11
    Which Vent Mount works with the T650? I don't see one that specifies this phone on extremepda.com

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by emtreo
    Which Vent Mount works with the T650? I don't see one that specifies this phone on extremepda.com

Thanks!
    When I talked to the owner, John (who is a very nice guy to work with, by the way), he recommended the following:

http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/...CC/IPODMOUNT4G

Works great! I did a lot of research on car mounts and found this the most stable, cost-effective solution!
    I've been very pleased so far with the ProClip, although it's a bit pricey. Lots of mounting options (for my vehicle, at least).

http://www.proclipusa.com/
    So you recommend the IPOD vent mount for the Treo650? Do you think this will work with vents from different cars?
    Hi,

Seidio offers three types of car kit for Treo 650

1) G2500M - this is a full car kit which has

- Amplified speaker
    - Volume control
    - External microphone (for hands free )
    - Audio out port
    - Can be used with the BT GPS receiver or wired GPS receiver(for wired receiver, you can plug the wired receiver directly onto the cradle)
    - Charge your BT receiver from the cradle with an optional cable
    - Model specific, just slide your Treo into the cradle
    - Charge your Treo 650 while it is in the cradle
    - Hardwire capability

This car kit can only be used with CDMA version Treo 650. The GSM version will be available in the next 10 days.

2) G2100M car kit

This car kit is bascially same as G2500M, but it is amplified speaker-less. It is ideal to be used with your car stereo through FM transmitter, casette adaptor or aux input.

3) G2100S car kit

This car kit is bascially to hold and charge your Treo 650. it is speaker-less. Ideal to be used with BT headset. You can use Treo 650 internal speaker and microphone.
    It can charge your BT receiver from the cradle with an optional cable. This car kit can be used for both CDMA and GSM version of Treo 650. It is model specific. You can also plug the wired GPS receiver directly onto the cradle.

Seidio offers three models to meet the different user requirements.

If you have any question, please ask .

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

Seidio offers three types of car kit for Treo 650

1) G2500M - this is a full car kit which has

- Amplified speaker
    - Volume control
    - External microphone (for hands free )
    - Audio out port
    - Can be used with the BT GPS receiver or wired GPS receiver(for wired receiver, you can plug the wired receiver directly onto the cradle)
    - Charge your BT receiver from the cradle with an optional cable
    - Model specific, just slide your Treo into the cradle
    - Charge your Treo 650 while it is in the cradle
    - Hardwire capability

This car kit can only be used with CDMA version Treo 650. The GSM version will be available in the next 10 days.

2) G2100M car kit

This car kit is bascially same as G2500M, but it is amplified speaker-less. It is ideal to be used with your car stereo through FM transmitter, casette adaptor or aux input.

3) G2100S car kit

This car kit is bascially to hold and charge your Treo 650. it is speaker-less. Ideal to be used with BT headset. You can use Treo 650 internal speaker and microphone.
    It can charge your BT receiver from the cradle with an optional cable. This car kit can be used for both CDMA and GSM version of Treo 650. It is model specific. You can also plug the wired GPS receiver directly onto the cradle.

Seidio offers three models to meet the different user requirements.

If you have any question, please ask .

Seidio
    I looked up the G2100S kit on the Seidio web site, but found it to be specific to the Audiovox PPC-6600/6601. Can you please clarify the model number for the Treo 650 that is equivilant to kit #3 above?

Also, the description you give for kit #1 above appears to be for the G2500, not the G2500M.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildman
    I looked up the G2100S kit on the Seidio web site, but found it to be specific to the Audiovox PPC-6600/6601. Can you please clarify the model number for the Treo 650 that is equivilant to kit #3 above?

Also, the description you give for kit #1 above appears to be for the G2500, not the G2500M.

Thank you!
    We will set up G2100S on Monday (tomorrow) for Treo 650.

G2500 VS G2500M

For Treo 650 and all other smartphones, Only G2500M is available (M stands for external microphone).

Do you plan to use 2100S with GPS ? if yes, BT or wired ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I plan on purchasing the Tom Tom system using a BT receiver. One more thing, how soon will the GSM Treo 2100S ship if it's listed tomorrow on the Seidio site?
    I plan on purchasing the Tom Tom system using a BT receiver. One more thing, how soon will the GSM Treo 2100S ship if it's listed tomorrow on the Seidio site?
    Hi,

It can be shipped next week.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Excellent! To bad it's not on the site now...you would have your first sale! Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by emtreo
    So you recommend the IPOD vent mount for the Treo650? Do you think this will work with vents from different cars?
    Yes, I've been using it with great success. I can't speak to airvents in other cars, but I've got a Toyota 4Runner. You can email John, the owner, who is very responsive and helpful. Half the price of the ProClip system!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    What will be the difference between Mobile 5 and TomTom Navigator for Palm version 4.42 that is available now for the Treo 650?
    Search this thread. The Mobile 5 topic has already been discussed.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    It looks like there is no way to use TomTom GPS with a Acura TL w/ BT.

So I'm going to have to buy a wired GPS receiver to use with TT.

Does anyone know of a wired receiver that will hook into a 650?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Hey Treo Dude; I already had a BT GPS receiver, and I recently bought the serial-port TomTom (same price practically as the map-only version) but it *looks* like the Seido cradle (GSM version coming soon) can hook into a wired GPS (with the phone plug). I'll let you know how the TomTom version works with the Seido cradle, as soon as they ship. Looks much better to have everything just hookup to the Treo (speakerphone, mic, GPS and power), with one cradle, as opposed to all this hoop-jumping-Bluetooth madness. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Hey Treo Dude; I already had a BT GPS receiver, and I recently bought the serial-port TomTom (same price practically as the map-only version) but it *looks* like the Seido cradle (GSM version coming soon) can hook into a wired GPS (with the phone plug). I'll let you know how the TomTom version works with the Seido cradle, as soon as they ship. Looks much better to have everything just hookup to the Treo (speakerphone, mic, GPS and power), with one cradle, as opposed to all this hoop-jumping-Bluetooth madness. Just a thought.
    I'm not sure I'm following. If I understand, you 1) already have a BT GPS, 2) bought a TT that will hook into your 650 w/wires and 3) have a Seido cradle on order...so you don't intend to use the BT GPS receiver you already have, but will hook the serial TT into your Seido?

The Seidio 2100 or 2500 are overkill for me. I really don't need to have the TT hooked up 24/7 and don't need power to the phone or an external speaker (the 600 one did, but the 650 is plenty loud for me.)

I already have the BT TT. I just need a simple vent mount (i.e. the ipod model if people think that is best) and a way to (occasionally) hook up a wired GPS receiver so I can use TT in a BT equipped vehicle. (The hands-free BT in the car works great, I don't want to give that up regardless.)

The car has power inside the armrest, so I could stick the wired GPS in there (the BT TT works fine in the glovebox of a non-BT vehicle) and just pull out the cable and plug it into the 650 for the occasions when I want GPS.

Not the prettiest, but I need it so rarely, it would be better looking than a 3rd party permanently mounted cradle.

...of course the ideal solution would be for TomTom or Acura to figure out a way to hand off the BT between them - but I'm not holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    We will set up G2100S on Monday (tomorrow) for Treo 650.

G2500 VS G2500M

For Treo 650 and all other smartphones, Only G2500M is available (M stands for external microphone).

Do you plan to use 2100S with GPS ? if yes, BT or wired ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Still no sign of the new cradles for Treo 650 GSM on Seidio's site.
    I own a treo 650 and I use a $24 vent holder from radioshack which works excelent. The speakerphone of the treo650 is pretty good but I bought for $79 the driveblue from parrot, a bluetooth speakerphone that connnects to the lighter and works great. When the engine turns on it immediately connects with the driveblue. All for $105.
    I got my TT finally.. but when I try to connect to the GPS module, it asks for Passkey to pair up. Just entering blank won't work. How can I set the passkey for the GPS unit?

BTW, it was really pain to install the program and map. regular hotsync will reset every single time so I had to copy manually to SD card and move to RAM.. Geez.
    Still no sign of the new cradles for Treo 650 GSM on Seidio's site.
    It will be ready today

David Chang
    Seidio