Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NADLER
    How long does the battery in the GPS last before it needs a recharge. Anyone run it down yet? A
    I've read that the battery has about 5-6 hours of life in it before recharging is necessary. I haven't found that out firsthand, though. Real life will probably be shorter.
    I'd like to try out TomTom (I own Mapopolis now). Is there any way to get a trial of it? I hate to plunk down more money when I already have an investment in Mapopolis.
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    Tom Tom 2004 maps/software standalone is now available here:

click here
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    I tried the Mapopolis demo and it's *ok*, but I am looking forward to the Tom Tom software-only. Thanks for all of this great info.
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    Tom Tom 2004 maps/software standalone is now available here:

click here
    I would be careful to proceed past the credit card stage as the software is not yet available on tomtom's distribution website www.mobileplanet.com. If anyone is successful at purchasing it at buygpsnow please post.
    Thanks,
    For Mac users, can we just use Missing Sync to get the software onto the Treo and then use a card reader to copy the maps to the SD card? I've just ordered TomTom Navigator and would like to get my head around how I can get TomTom onto the Treo prior to it arriving. Thanks in advance.
    OK, just got TT Navigator from Buy.com! I'm going through the installation process and cannot get past the "Select a voice" window. Whenever I "select" or "test", I get a soft reset. Any help on getting past this?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turnepf
    I'd like to try out TomTom (I own Mapopolis now). Is there any way to get a trial of it? I hate to plunk down more money when I already have an investment in Mapopolis.
    Were you able to get Mapololis to work well on the 650? I tried it and really liked the voice prompts but it would reset the Treo all the time on searchs and sometimes during a navigation. I think it is more sophisticated than the TomTom software I just bought (from tigerGPS for only $125), but TomTom has no reset issues.

Thanks,
    -Bigbot
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Guys,

At the risk of repeating myself, I ordered the Software+ serial version for around $145 with the discount found at dealcoupon.com

Of course, I've not received and I'm away for Sat. delivery, so who knows, and if I can get it to work/install with a Mac.
    Acousticbiker, I had the same problem. I did a hard reset and then added a voice, added a map and installed the application. Then I hotsynced. It seems hotsyncing one thing at a time as the instructions prompt you to do, causes the resets. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Do you mean, you added a voice. Hotsynced. Added a map. HotSynced. Added the application. HotSynced?

Like slowly?

EDIT: UH DUH! Didn't read it right… must've been late; sorry for wasting time.
    Last edited by iomatic; 02/21/2005 at 01:50 AM.
    Actually, the other way around. When you add one item at a time and then hotsync each item, it doesn't work. When you add all the items and then hotsynced it worked.
    I turned on the GPS this morning and loaded Navigator and got the armcode not allocated error. The only thing that got rid of the error was a hotsync. I am concerned that this will occur when I'm not able to hotsync. Anyone else have this error? Any one know what the error means?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Looks like there is no way to use TomTom with the 650 in a BT equipped Acura?

You just get soft resets.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Can you use the phone at the same time as using the driving directions?
    Just got my TomTom package today from BuyeRetail. Very cool device... Loaded the whole Texas Map and tried it out for a test drive! So far no problems, no reset, etc. I loaded the T5/T650 update from TomTom.

Haven't tried this scenario yet -- what happens if you are using TomTom and a call comes in? Can calls go through? (I have to get someone to call me on my way home tonight )
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike
    Just got my TomTom package today from BuyeRetail. Very cool device... Loaded the whole Texas Map and tried it out for a test drive! So far no problems, no reset, etc. I loaded the T5/T650 update from TomTom.

Haven't tried this scenario yet -- what happens if you are using TomTom and a call comes in? Can calls go through? (I have to get someone to call me on my way home tonight )
    Call will ring and ask if you want to answer. If you select "answer" the 650 may reset after trying to leave the TT application to answer the call. If you press "ignore" nothing will happen and you'll continue with TT usage.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    TomTom is releasing Mobile 5 soon. Looks promising - suited for both in-car and out-of-car use - http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...=69&Language=1

Offers several different ways to calculate routes, maps for download, visual "driving" instructions while receiving calls...

Seems like the maps only covers european countries by the time of release though...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Seems like the maps only covers european countries by the time of release though...
    i'd bet the north american release is within 6 months...
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    What will be the difference between Mobile 5 and TomTom Navigator for Palm version 4.42 that is available now for the Treo 650?