Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Clue - Thanks - that did the trick - awesome !
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    ...You can not input coordinates...
    so, i cannot input coordinates and have it route me to them?
    like, when camping and such, we say "meet us at N 35 10.635 W 084 52.542" and everyone navigates their way to the exact coordinates.

i thought even the most basic gps systems did that?

will it let you load waypoint (.loc) files, for geocahing and such?
    Last edited by iBug; 01/26/2005 at 10:23 PM.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Doesn't sound like it. That's all I need is the most basic. I already have a built-in navigation so I don't need it for anything else. There site sucks. I researched it and couldn't get that simple answer. I also emailed them with no response.

Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    so, i cannot input coordinates and have it route me to them?
    like, when camping and such, we say "meet us at N 35 10.635 W 084 52.542" and everyone navigates their way to the exact coordinates.

i thought even the most basic gps systems did that?

will it let you load waypoint (.loc) files, for geocahing and such?
    I see nothing in tomtom that allows you to load .loc files, and no place to input coordinates. If you need those features, I believe you'll need different software that has been discussed on this forum.
    Where can i get the wired gps unit without having to purchase a package with software?
    That's a no brainer. Getting the software is the problem if you already have a GPS unit.
    No brainer for you! I hav been unable to locate a place where i can just purchase the hardware.

Could someone post me on the right direction?
    redemption,

There are plenty of wired gps units for sale. Try gpspassion.com. If you're talking about tomtom's wired gps unit, I would guess that they get that from another mfr.
    Uh Oh,
    Tomtom doesn't seem to connect to my holux gr-231 or my palmone bluetooth gps receiver anymore. Strange thing is, it won't connect with mapopolis, either. And it makes a beep that it's connected, and then another beep that suggests it's been disconnected. I have done a hard reset and reinstalled fresh on the Treo 650, but I still can't connect Tomtom or mapopolis to my bluetooth gps. Even freshly reinstalled windows. The problem ain't my bluetooth gps receiver, b/c I can use it to connect with my pocket pc. What's more, I now tried tomtom on a zire 72, and tomtom now won't work on a zire 72 either. I have no idea what's going on, but it's got to software problem. I have had tomtom working fine on the treo 650 before, but why now does it not even connect anymore?
    what good is gps nav in car if you can't use phone...especially headset (wired or bt) & use gps nav @ same time? to me that's like being unable to have a dvd player & the tv is hooked up to be on @ the same time... what crap..!
    & because you can't even have wired headset plugged into treo for phone calls because then the speaker would be disengaged not allowing u to hear aud nav through the speaker...
    will TT port the sound (aud directions) through a wired headset?
    puff,

Your post is a little confusing. It sounds like:

tomtom will not operate with two different gps units on the 650 (holux and palmone)

mapopolis will not connect to two different gps units on the 650 (holux and palmone)

Pocket Pc with unkown software works with the palmone gps, but we don't know about holux

tomtom does not work on a zire with unknown gps

You reinstalled windows.

I think you're using too many combinations to solve your problem. I suggest you try each software under each combination to determine where the problem is occurring.
    sorry,

tomtom 4 for palm won't work with treo 650 or zire 72 with either the holux gr-231 or the palmone bluetooth gps (which is a holux gr-230). I had it working before on both. I tried hard resets on both 650 and Zire 72, as well as completely reinstalling windows, but it's still not working. It seems like the bluetooth connection is lost on the 650 and zire 72. It'll pop up the bluetooth device menu to connect, and then a beep will follow, and then a second beep will follow which leads me to believe it doesn't stay connected. I think there's usually one beep. What's more, I can't connect via bluetooth with mapopolis anymore, either (I have a demo of that).

I also got tomtom 2 for pocketpc and an ipaq 3700, and it works with both my holux gr-231 and palmone bluetooth gps without any hitches.

I think the above suggests that the bluetooth connection with the 650 and zire 72 seems flaky, but my bluetooth gps receivers aren't faulty. I just don't understand why a hard reset and reinstallation from the original cds--the exact same procedure I started with and had working--no longer works.
    Sounds like a bluetooth setting in the 650. A few obvious questions: Have you re-selected your gps unit in the tomtom preferences? Has a window come up in tomtom asking you to choose the bluetooth gps from your device list?

Clue
    Thanks, yes I have reselected "other bluetooth gps" and tried the rest of them anyway for good measure. And the window comes up asking me to choose my holux gr-231 or palmone gps, which I choose. Then the first beep.....then 3 seconds later, the second beep. On the pocket pc where it's working, it's only one beep which seems to indicate it has "locked" on. Very disappointing so far but perplexing because it's not like I never had it working before, and I'm starting from scratch on devices that have zero other software installed except Tomtom, and it's still not working.
    Since both mapopolis and tomtom don't work, it still sounds like a bluetooth issue on the 650. This must be frustrating for you. Did you delete all the trusted devices, and then paired the treo to just one gps? Have you removed one of the holux units completely from the equation, meaning making sure only the GR 231 is powered on and in range, and making sure the 230 never gets paired to the treo?

Have you tried a wired gps to your 650?
    i'm having huge problems with tom tom on the 650 with the newest software. it was working fine. but now all it does it reset when i sellect the application.

i've tried deleting the bluetooth pairing on the palm, but no help.

anyone have a reliable connection using the newest software?

there was nothing helpful on the tom tom site.

-Jay
    Still using 4.40, no problems. Haven't seen a specific reason for upgrading.
    so i reinstalled with the old software and still tom tom reset everytime i started the application.

so i reinstalled on the mem card, and it still crashed

i deleted the voices and it now works.

who can figure this out?

where do other folks have tom tom installed?

obviously maps have to go on the card. but what about the application?

thanks,

jay
    According to FileZ, on my treo tomtom uses about 50K of internal memory, and the rest is on the SD card. I did a normal install of the app from the tomtom cd. That 50K appears to be shortcuts of map data, not the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycoop
    so i reinstalled with the old software and still tom tom reset everytime i started the application.

so i reinstalled on the mem card, and it still crashed

i deleted the voices and it now works.

who can figure this out?

where do other folks have tom tom installed?

obviously maps have to go on the card. but what about the application?

thanks,

jay
    the voices thing was discussed earlier in this thread.
    try here as a good starting place and look around that area. i think they found a resolution, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    I see nothing in tomtom that allows you to load .loc files, and no place to input coordinates. If you need those features, I believe you'll need different software that has been discussed on this forum.
    could you point me in the general direction, please?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650