1.    #1  

Callfilter for Treo 650? How much longer do we have to wait for an officially supported version? I think it is hogwash that the developer is "waiting for a GSM model to be released before the program is optimized for the 650." I understand that some users have had success in some situations with CallFilter sometimes working on their 650. Sometimes does not cut it for me. I need all the time, everytime.

This program costs $29.99 - significantly more than other programs providing primarily the same option set. Yet we still have no update.

I would expect the developer to be a bit more responsive and realize that he has users that DEPEND upon filtering and call note logs and note screens for incoming calls in order to run their business more efficiently. Leaving us out in the cold while you wait for your Cingular model to be releases is both selfish and disrespectful to the users who have adopted his software.

I contacted customer support. The developer uses GSM, and will complete the upgrade shortly after GSM is released.
    chill out. he won't have a 650 until the GSM's come out. If want to chew out anyone chew out palmone. They give developers zero lead time to upgrade their apps. Unlike many developers callfilter's wants to make sure it works before he releases it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    chill out. he won't have a 650 until the GSM's come out. If want to chew out anyone chew out palmone. They give developers zero lead time to upgrade their apps. Unlike many developers callfilter's wants to make sure it works before he releases it.
    I don't know about that. A couple of vendors at the Treo roadshow have verified that there products work with at least one future treo.
    Let me get this straight?

You purchased the application for a Treo 600, you decide to replace your 600 with a 650 and then complain of how the application does not yet work with new hardware?

And contrary to your accusations, I would think that releasing an application before it could be tested by the develper and allowed to work out any bugs before releasing it to the public and charging money for it would be selfish and disrespectful.

True it may be frustrating that older software may not work on brand new hardware, but as Palm One has decided to only offer CDMA models at this time (and only on Sprint), applications that work on all technologies will suffer to some extent.

You really can't blame a developer for being cautious about his product, especially when a reputation is at stake. Some developers seek to be on the bleeding edge and allow their paid users to act as beta testers and work the bugs out, others wait until it is solid before they release it and ask users to pay for it. This developer has obviously chosen the latter.

If he wants to ensure that it's rock solid before releasing it, so be it. If you don't agree with that, perhaps you should have researched into your favorite applications to ensure they would work on the new hardware. Nothing in your paid license guaranteed you that it would work on any and all future hardware that may be released for the Palm OS...although this developer seems to be committed to supporting the 650, although not on your schedule.
    Yeah don't rush this guy. Callfilter is a mission critical app, and I'll gladly wait until it comes out. Let's let the man get his 650 and let him work.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I for one would like to see him spin off the call completion portion to a stand alone. Thats all I use. For me then Callfilter works great on the 650.