• Datebk5

32 54.24%
  • Agendus v.9

21 35.59%
  • Agendus v.8 ( less buggy ?)

6 10.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can Datebk5 have pictures in the contacts area? and what are some of the other pros and cons... i just read the post about the new v.9 of agendus and it seems to me they have poor support and kind of buggy.
    thanks
    zc
    (ps this will be going on a new 600)
    Tried Agendus v8 and while it is an improvement over the built-in apps, it cannot be configured to do certain things that Datebk5 can. It's just not as configurable and flexible.

I also find that it is easier and quicker to enter and use Datebk5. The 5-way support seems better.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striperbooter
    Can Datebk5 have pictures in the contacts area? and what are some of the other pros and cons... i just read the post about the new v.9 of agendus and it seems to me they have poor support and kind of buggy.
    thanks
    zc
    The built in contacts app of the 650 lets you add in photos, so I'm sure DB5 works within that somehow. I just purchased Datebk5 and love it. Not as pretty as Agendus, but a hell of a lot more stable, responsive developer, and amazing customer support.

I could care less about asthetics. I just want it to work properly and Datebk5 does just that.
    I found this in-depth comparison of Agendus versus Datebk5 in another thread and thought I'd post it for you. Keep in mind its probably a little old so I'm not sure which version(s) of the apps this analysis covers. I personally don't use either (tried but they're both overkill for me). I use the default apps with 2day and MonthPlanner.

http://tech.hernandez5.net/html/datebk5_vs_agendus.html
    Datebook doesn't do contacts like Agendus does. IMNSVHO, there's no comparison. Agendus wins hands down.
    Features don't matter. Agendus, even the latest version 9, is so unstable on the 650 that Datebk is the winner by default. I have been a long-time user of Agendus, but was FORCED to abandon it when I got the 650. Datebk5 is stable and robust. I'm glad I switched. Together with TealPhone for contacts, all of my needs have been met.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Datebook doesn't do contacts like Agendus does. IMNSVHO, there's no comparison. Agendus wins hands down.
    What do you mean when you say "doesn't do contacts like Agendus" ? What is the main one or two contact handling features you like about Agendus that other PIM's can't do?
    Exactly, what exactly does Agendus do with contacts that Datebk5 doesn't?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    If you like unstable, poorly supported, buggy products that charge you an upgrade fee for every half-step release, then Agendus DOES win, hands down.
    Agendus merges calendar and contacts so they''re one and the same. I put my contact with each calendar event so I know whom to report to for each event. I can access my contacts directly from Agendus. Can''t do that on DB6.
    In Datebk5, you can view contacts with your calendar as well using a split-screen interface. In fact you can split your calendar with the to do list, memos, contacts, another calendar category, recent items list, or find items.

Datebk5 also lets you link contacts to events. You need to link them using the "L" icon. After they are linked you have one-click access to your contact information. You also have the option to append notes to the contact, such as noting that you had called them or sent a package to them. Linking can be done to any item in Datebk5, such as calendar or to do.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    You can link a contact to an event with DB5. You use the "L" at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Agendus merges calendar and contacts so they''re one and the same. I put my contact with each calendar event so I know whom to report to for each event. I can access my contacts directly from Agendus. Can''t do that on DB6.
    I don't use either so I am not biased but my analysis of both apps revealed that DB5 also links with contacts for purposes of scheduling and record keeping. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but the capabilities you're describing are not unique to Agendus. There are many apps that can work in concert with the contacts db for both scheduling, note taking, follow-up etc. Are you saying that Agendus and the contact db merges into one database and therefore simplifies the collective use ("...merges calendar and contacts so they're one....")? Anyway, I seem to be getting along with 2day and MonthPlanner - both by the way, enable me to tap my contact database.
    Quote Originally Posted by striperbooter
    thanks
    zc
    I'd like to see this poll opened up a bit to include other apps for the purposes of scheduling and contact management. Limiting it to Agendus and Datebk5 is to not look at the complete picture. Besides, there are a ton of threads, opinions and comparisons of the two here at TC (and Datebk5 seems to come out the winner among the more utility-minded users while Agendus seems to win among the more flashy-minded users).
    why not use the Palm cal? what adv does datebk5 have over Palm Cal? can someone help me please since memory is an issue with the 650s
    Treoing & Loving it
    I wonder hown many users who voted for Agendus in the poll are using the 650. I'd would be surpised if there were any!
    Here is a feature list from the developer:

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5details.htm

I think the best way to figure out if it is for you is to give it a trial run.
    In Agendus, in addition to the various calendar and todo views, you can go right to your contacts, handled by Agendus. I realize you can link a calendar event from DB5 to a contact, but the contacts are not integrated into DB5 the way they are in Agendus.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    I wonder hown many users who voted for Agendus in the poll are using the 650. I'd would be surpised if there were any!
    I guess, then, I was the only one.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602
    I guess, then, I was the only one.
    Nope. I have a 650 using Datebk5.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast