1.    #1  
    Hello all,

Does anyone know of any freeware program which would allow me to play MP3's as ringtones on my Treo 600? I already have pTunes. Please let me know. Thanks!

-Sam
    Other than writing and compiling your own application, I'm not aware of any freeware solutions. But the time and energy in that would far surpass what it would cost to purchase even the most expensive application to do what you're looking to do.

However, Phone Technician is only $6 and works well for this (and other) function. Of course, you need a SD card as well.

If you don't have a SD card, you may want to look at mp3ringer, as it supports mp3 files within the internal memory, although it is more expensive and many find toysoft's applications more buggy - especially when compared to Phone Technician.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceptor
    Hello all,

Does anyone know of any freeware program which would allow me to play MP3's as ringtones on my Treo 600? I already have pTunes. Please let me know. Thanks!

-Sam

CallFilter is a great program for doing this and a few other things on the Treo 600, but if you are using the Treo 650 Callfilter will reboot your phone everytime a picture or mp3 is launched by Callfilter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo4Lfe
    CallFilter is a great program for doing this and a few other things on the Treo 600, but if you are using the Treo 650 Callfilter will reboot your phone everytime a picture or mp3 is launched by Callfilter.
    So in other words, it works just like the Treo?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I wish there was a way to play wav file ringers from the SD card. I converted my stereo mp3 ringers to mono 8khz wav and it was the same size. The problem is adding a bunch of wav files for ringers takes up valuable space in the T650 RAM.

Posted via BT Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy
    I wish there was a way to play wav file ringers from the SD card. I converted my stereo mp3 ringers to mono 8khz wav and it was the same size. The problem is adding a bunch of wav files for ringers takes up valuable space in the T650 RAM.

Posted via BT Hack
    check out mp3ringer www.toysoft.ca it works fine on the T650. you need pocketTunes to play mp3 and wav files.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    So which do you recommend for the Treo 650 right now? I'm a registered user of Lightwav but I haven't installed it on the 650 (making due with AMR right now). MP3 ringtones would be nice to add back but stability is key to me. From looking at mp3ringer on the website (have not installed it) it looks like it copies contact info to associate the ringtone with. So if I change a contact phone number, mp3ringer doesn't know that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    check out mp3ringer www.toysoft.ca it works fine on the T650. you need pocketTunes to play mp3 and wav files.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680