1.    #1  
    I received my Treo 650 yesterday through the Vienna Channels road show order. Lo and behold... my screen has a dead pixel!

Emailing Jeff for instructions on how to get a replacement, although I have a feeling he'll just refer me over to PalmOne. I can't be alone in this now can I? So excited, and now I have to return it and wait again...

And a couple of things I noticed as well:

- The speaker phone is sooo mute. Hard to hear anything.
    - The 5-way navigation seems flimsy. It moves around a bit like as if it's loose.
    I would swap it out at sprint.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3.    #3  
    Sprint would let me do it, even though the phone hasn't been activated?
    From my experience (with Treo 600 purchased from P1), all support issues on Sprint phones are handled by Sprint...regardless of where you bought it.

FYI to avoid warranty/return nightmares, sign up for the Sprint phone insurance (I think around $4/month). Any future problems, you simply go to Sprint, and they get you replacement (Refurbished...You get new one only refurb is not available).
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hmmm, but with the insurance, you still have to pay $35 deductible which is pretty steep for a dead pixel.

Be persistent on those dead pixel issues. Many companies are aware that one dead pixel out of 680K (or millions for a notebook LCD panel) does not quite constitute defective product. You just have to find a Sprint rep who's willing to swap it out for you.
    I may need to have been activated for sprint to swap it out. I am not sure if they will do it if they do not see an esn in their system under your name/

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    I may need to have been activated for sprint to swap it out. I am not sure if they will do it if they do not see an esn in their system under your name/

-rob
    Activate it over the phone, then bring it to the Sprint store in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan
    Hmmm, but with the insurance, you still have to pay $35 deductible which is pretty steep for a dead pixel.

Be persistent on those dead pixel issues. Many companies are aware that one dead pixel out of 680K (or millions for a notebook LCD panel) does not quite constitute defective product. You just have to find a Sprint rep who's willing to swap it out for you.
    I may be mistaken (or just lucky) but I believe that the deductible only comes into play for a lost phone.

I've had two replacements done for my 600 (one was the Network disconnect problem, and the other was a screen defect), and neither required a deductible.
    If it's in the first year and it's defective, not lost, then it's a warantee issue and there is no deductable -- since it's not going through the insurance.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by treocentral2004
    I may be mistaken (or just lucky) but I believe that the deductible only comes into play for a lost phone.

I've had two replacements done for my 600 (one was the Network disconnect problem, and the other was a screen defect), and neither required a deductible.
    I just replaced a 600 that I bought back in October 03 throught the lockline agreement and it was $10. I think you are cover S&H more than anything else. Go to VC or PalmOne though first as they should have to replace a defective unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by treocentral2004

Correct. I have traded out several Treo 600's at my local Sprint Store. They just swap it out as a "warranty" issue and it costs nothing.
  12.    #12  
    Ok I've just spent the last 3 hours on the phone with PalmOne... one runaround after another... and still no resolution.

Who do I need to contact to get this unit replaced? Sprint told me they won't do it because the phone isn't activated, PalmOne is telling me to go to Sprint because the phone is specifically made for Sprint, and Jeff at VC is telling me to go to PalmOne.

This is a NIGHTMARE!
    Quote Originally Posted by oggle
    Ok I've just spent the last 3 hours on the phone with PalmOne... one runaround after another... and still no resolution.

Who do I need to contact to get this unit replaced? Sprint told me they won't do it because the phone isn't activated, PalmOne is telling me to go to Sprint because the phone is specifically made for Sprint, and Jeff at VC is telling me to go to PalmOne.

This is a NIGHTMARE!
    Why don't you just activate it?
  14.    #14  
    Because it's defective that's why. I already have a Treo 600, which is ALSO defective (battery disconnect). I don't want to switch over until I get a working 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwsh
    Why don't you just activate it?
    Ditto. Defective or not, you're just trying to get it replaced aren't you?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    it is working, just not perfect...sounds like the quickest way to solve problre is to activate it so that u can swap it out...go to a sprint store in person after it is activated (over phone) and they will order u a warranty replacement (usually takes 3-4 business days, sometimes faster)...u have to pick it up @ the store (no they won't mail it directly to u), when u do they will activate it right there on the spot in return for the one w/ the dead pixel...waa laa, working treo!