Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Per the article on TreoCentral's home page...

"(Details on this program will be posted on the support site in early December.)"

Granted I don't have a lot of apps and documents, but I'm not gonna go out and buy my own if I don't have to. So where the hell is it? Huh? Earth to PalmOne? Anybody home?
    Last edited by iamtext; 02/09/2010 at 08:19 PM.
    i heard there will be an announcement mid-december. hurry up palmone!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtext
    Hopefully they'll have Vienna Channels handle the distribution of the SD cards.... hahahahaha
    SanDisk will be selling Ultra IV 8 gig SD cards for $68 before those would ship out.
    Last edited by Fandango; 12/09/2004 at 03:45 AM.
    8? Geez. I have a 1GB in my 650 and still have over 770MB left? I'm going to have to fill it with music just to make myself feel better about buying it! )
  6. hls
    Ecost has them for virtually free--why wait?

Card reader

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=493524

512 SD Card ($25 after rebate)

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=295990

128 SD card ($2 after rebate)

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=436465
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    SanDisk will be selling Ultra IV 8 gig SD cards for $68 before those would ship out.

EIGHT gig SD????
    No such animal exists. You mean ONE gig, right?
    The two gigs just came out recently and Buy.com has remained sold out of them.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    he wasn't being serious guys - merely expressing his view that we might be that far down the road where an 8gb card is being sold for that cheap before p1 ships the free card...
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    8? Geez. I have a 1GB in my 650 and still have over 770MB left? I'm going to have to fill it with music just to make myself feel better about buying it! )

Start making some AVI movies!! I have 975 megabytes on my 1 Gig card, 2 full length movies, about 7 CDs of music, and several large database programs ( 8 bible, wine enthusist, med dict., reg dict. etc.)

I am looking at the 2 Gig cards already!!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG
    he wasn't being serious guys - merely expressing his view that we might be that far down the road where an 8gb card is being sold for that cheap before p1 ships the free card...

.........oh

................i knew that..............
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    "Okay, It's "early December" Where's that 128MB SD card?"

Captain I wondered that same thing just today. -lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Maybe they'll step up and go 512 like the T5??
    wal-mart is selling the 128SD for $11. you spent $350-$630 on this Treo650 what's another $11 going to do?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Umm for all you that missed the point, I dont think it's about the eleven bucks or how cheap 128mb cards are....
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Umm for all you that missed the point, I dont think it's about the eleven bucks or how cheap 128mb cards are....
    I agree... it's the principle
    cough*pleasedontstopbuyingthe650*stopgappromises*cough

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    wal-mart is selling the 128SD for $11. you spent $350-$630 on this Treo650 what's another $11 going to do?
    The cheap price of memory just frustrates the whole debate more.

"You mean they could have put 128Mb of NVRAM into the phone for only $11 more?????"

Sadly, the answer is probably "yes". Okay, maybe it would have cost them $20 with the logistics, but think of bust-out device this would be with twenty-freaking-extra-dollars put into it!!!

Eeeessssssh!!!!!

Please, everyone. Quit reminding us of how cheap memory is. It makes people look twice at the one dollar and fifty cents worth of 32Mb memory in their $600 phone.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Wheeeeeennnnnn???????
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    The cheap price of memory just frustrates the whole debate more.

"You mean they could have put 128Mb of NVRAM into the phone for only $11 more?????"

Sadly, the answer is probably "yes". Okay, maybe it would have cost them $20 with the logistics, but think of bust-out device this would be with twenty-freaking-extra-dollars put into it!!!

Eeeessssssh!!!!!

Please, everyone. Quit reminding us of how cheap memory is. It makes people look twice at the one dollar and fifty cents worth of 32Mb memory in their $600 phone.
    Ah, but that dollar-fifty of memory already in the Treo probably boosted the price by at least $100.00. PalmOne should have totally followed the bean-counter advice and include NO memory in the Treos!! Who REALLY needs it - less is more, right?

Think of the cost savings, the price points they could meet, the time and money saved on shipping and manufacturing costs because nobody would buy them (even the present Treo650 beta testers)! We "power users" protest too much - it seems that everyone else in the forum is completely pleased with buying a bunch of hacks to try running nearly everything off the card - even the apps that were never designed to do so.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    that's the bigger issue, imo...why not design the apps to run off the card?

A
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast