1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed the slow response to button pushes ? For all the noise about the faster processor, I am astounded that my 650 exhibits more latency than the 600. Maybe its just my unit, but I am seeing up to 2-3 seconds before the phone responds... extremely annoying. Anyone else ?
    Yes. It is both wierd and hard to use.
    This seems to be true with all 650's. It believe that this NVFS system palmone used in the 650, seems in some way to cause more harm than good.
    To be fair I don't see it on all buttons. It seems to be when switching to the phone from another app. It's almost like some delay waking the phone and switching to it. I don't see this when switching from the calendar to messaging for example.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    what's causing this? im glad I didn't upgrade - a little thing like that would drive me berserk after a while.
    it is driving me berserk... BUT... the screen is SOOOOOOOO nice... i swear if they offered me a 600 with the 320x320 screen and new camera, I have to honestly say I'd take it. Bluetooth was never a real issue for me... the faster processor hasn't shown itself yet... I am really looking forward to an updated firmware... the new cellular radio isn't as good but I can deal with that... I guess
    I don't think it's the NVFS system. It's sloppy programming on PalmOne's part.
    Install, for example, Warfare Inc. The menus on that thing react in a split second with super smooth animation. Go back to the phone app and it's back to sluggishville.
  8.    #8  
    If it is sloppy programming or something that can be fixed, we need to work on it with P1 as a group. Based on comments here, this is not a minor problem and it's consistent for all 650's. I personally find myself generating errors by accidentally "double" pressing because of the latency, and that is flat out unnacceptable... PalmOne has to repond.

Suggestions on how we can make our voices heard over there ?
    Switching programs with the buttons is not too bad...what I DO find very annoying is that it takes like 4-5 seconds before it starts dialing a phone number after slecting one from your contact list!! It constantly makes me double-check if it is going to dial or not....
  10. hls
    Ditto--this is driving me crazy. I'm so glad this forum exists, I was considering taking mine in and waiting in line for service (yawn).
    Some people have suggested that overclocking might help with this. I haven't tried it, but it "might" be an option -- just make sure you understand the risks before you start. A search for overclocking should bring you to the thread about this.
    I have overclocked it and it really doesn't make that much of a difference with the phone app it is still very slow to load. I too would love a 600 with the 650's camera and screen. I don't care about bluetooth and I can't get over the lack of extra power button, memory issues, stability, etc. I don't even care about the removable battery to me the 600 felt much more solid probably because it didn't have a removable battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    Has anyone noticed the slow response to button pushes ? For all the noise about the faster processor, I am astounded that my 650 exhibits more latency than the 600. Maybe its just my unit, but I am seeing up to 2-3 seconds before the phone responds... extremely annoying. Anyone else ?
    If you perform a search I think you will find that others have discovered this.
    Just switching over to the phone app doesn't seem to take any longer to me than it did with my 600. Remember, the size of wallpaper you have up can make a substantial difference. I use a scaled down picture (320x320) for wallpaper and it moves fairly quickly to me.
    I have never used wallpaper on my Treos specifically to avoid any potential delays... so that's not it either .