1.    #1  
    OK, I'm going to sound like a salesman (but I'm not), so here goes. I ordered a Deluo Bluetooth Lite GPS ($109.90 plus a little bit for postage) and it came in the mail today. The thing is about the size of a kid's Matchbox car only a little bit thicker--a little less thick than the size of a quarter.

It comes with 3 "AAA" NiMH batteries, a car charger and an AC charger. Not being one to wait patiently for an 8-hour charge, I put 3 AAA alkaline batteries in it and took it outside. Here's the procedure I went through:

1) Turned the GPS receiver on.

2) Went into "Bluetooth" on the Treo 650, then "Setup Devices" and picked "Trusted Devices" (since the thing isn't a Hands-free or a HotSync).

3) I clicked "Add Device". A few seconds later, the device showed up as expected as "Polstar". I entered the super-secret key (0000), and paired the device.

4) I bought Handmap and the GPS plugin, so I launched Handmap and went through the GPS setup procedure picking a "Bluetooth" device and following the bouncing ball to select the Polstar GPS I'd just installed.

A few brief moments later, the thing was online, receiving GPS data and tracking my position.

So all in all, it was the best $109.90 I've spent on my Treo 650 so far! One thing... I wish they'd quit making cool little gizmos for cool little gizmos. My wife's beginning to question the credit card statements again

Links:

Deluo GPS Lite: http://www.deluoelectronics.com/cust...&cat=13&page=1

Handmap: http://www.handmap.net
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
    I have some questions for you:
    (1) How detailed are the county maps?
    (2) Does it provide voice-guided directions? If so, how are they?
    (3) Do you have the option of putting the maps on the SD card?

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by belerek
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
    I have some questions for you:
    (1) How detailed are the county maps?
    (2) Does it provide voice-guided directions? If so, how are they?
    (3) Do you have the option of putting the maps on the SD card?

Thanks again.
    #3 read the faq at www.handmap.net/Palm/faq.htm

about half way thru.

And it says yes you can put them on the sd card
    HI,

During the GPS use, if the phone rings, will Treo 600 disconnect the BT GPS ? PLease let me know.

Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Well, I spoke too soon on Handmap. No, the 650 won't disconnect Bluetooth--which is a big problem. Basically if you answer the phone, you lock up BT and have to reboot the Treo to get it back.

But that's not the worst. After about 3-5 minutes of tracking, Handmap wigs out and reboots your Treo for you. Today, after it crashed, the Treo went into a reset loop that I couldn't break out of. I had to do a cold reset and restore the device.

I also use DeLorme Street Atlas USA. It hangs up BT if you answer the phone, but seems to be quite a bit more stable than Handmap.
    I say get the TomTom Bluetooth GPS for Palm T3.