Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64
  1. #41  
    Have any of you experienced any aftereffects from the soft resets after hotsyncing? I've had these intermittently, and I suppose it wouldn't be a big deal if it the crash didn't also wipe out all of my current zLauncher settings and software registrations. Crashes seem to be more likely during longer hotsyncs (ie if I leave all the conduits enabled), but I don't know if that's simply due to a more extensive exchange of data or if one of the disabled conduits is the direct culprit.
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
  2. amf
    amf is offline
    amf's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    #42  
    With #*377: "A reset was caused on ______ while running 'Hotsync': PIMsDataMgr.c, Line: 135, checkRecordChunk means chunk is null..."

    I set the COntacts conduit to "to do nothing" and hotsync does not reset my Treo650. If I return it back to "SYnchronize the files", it resets. Hope this helps!
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by amf
    With #*377: "A reset was caused on ______ while running 'Hotsync': PIMsDataMgr.c, Line: 135, checkRecordChunk means chunk is null..."

    I set the COntacts conduit to "to do nothing" and hotsync does not reset my Treo650. If I return it back to "SYnchronize the files", it resets. Hope this helps!
    ##377# consistently blames "Contacts" on my Treo 650. No matter what application I may be sitting in when I initiate a hotsync, Contacts gets the blame for the reset.

    The hotsync completes its backup operation (as far as I can tell) and the desktop finishes, too. Then the Treo resets. The hotsync log says that everything is OK. My data seems to be okay.

    This is what I get EVERY time that it resets after hotsync:

    A reset was caused on
    6/1/05 at 12:39 pm
    while running
    "Contacts":

    DataMgr.c, Line:8872,
    DmWrite:
    DmWriteCheck failed


    In my case, it's always the same line of code "Line:8872". I don't know what it does, but it is consistent.

    I hope somebody can figure this out.

    I use PocketMirror Professional XT 3.1.10.0 (the latest version at this time).
    I completely uninstalled DocumentsToGo using the DataViz tool (just in case).
    I even did a hard reset and let Outlook overwrite the PIM data for recovery.

    It STILL did a reset at the end of the hotsync and blamed "Contacts".

    Like AMF, if I set PocketMirror Professional XT to "Do Nothing" for Contacts, the Treo does NOT reset at the end of the hotsync. So whatever it is it's definately something to do with Contacts syncronization (at least in MY case).

    I have 1195 contacts. I have had over 1300 in the past (without this issue), so it isn't the number of contacts causing it.

    Any other ideas?
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4. #44  
    I just started getting mine today, #*#377 says its caused while running "Agendus Pro"

    go figure.
  5. #45  
    [QUOTE=Insp_Gadget]##377# consistently blames "Contacts" on my Treo 650. No matter what application I may be sitting in when I initiate a hotsync, Contacts gets the blame for the reset.

    The hotsync completes its backup operation (as far as I can tell) and the desktop finishes, too. Then the Treo resets. The hotsync log says that everything is OK. My data seems to be okay.

    This is what I get EVERY time that it resets after hotsync:

    A reset was caused on
    6/1/05 at 12:39 pm
    while running
    "Contacts":

    DataMgr.c, Line:8872,
    DmWrite:
    DmWriteCheck failed

    I had this problem last night. I had to use FileZ to delete my ContactDB file and then set desktop to override handheld. It reset on the first hotsync, but after that not a problem.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I had this problem last night. I had to use FileZ to delete my ContactDB file and then set desktop to override handheld. It reset on the first hotsync, but after that not a problem.
    Well, when I deleted ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb, the Treo refused to sync any contacts despite resetting and restoring the file. I ended up having to delete 5 files to get it to work:

    ContactsAVIndex-PAdd.pdb
    ContactsDBIndex-PAdd.pdb
    ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb
    ContactsSimDB-PAdd.pdb
    AddressDB.pdb

    I moved them off to a folder on my SD card in case I did need them. I then manually did a soft reset and let the Treo rebuild the indexes and AddressDB file. Of course they were blank (as I wanted).

    Finally, I set the PocketMirror Professional XT conduit for Contacts to "Outlook overwrites Handheld" for the next sync and performed a hotsync. Outlook then transferred all the contacts back to the Treo.

    Unlike JohnH, my Treo did not reset after that restoration hotsync. So far, so good. I've done a few more hotsyncs and added test contacts to ensure that it is working. Seems to be fine now.

    Obviously, there was some kind of corruption in the database and the Treo was choking on it during "Clean up". The insidious thing about these kinds of errors is that you never know what application may have done the damage.

    In my case, I have a number of applications that utilize Contacts:

    ChatterEmail
    AgendusPro
    VoiceStream VoiceDial
    Directory Assistant
    The built-in SMS app
    The Phone app itself

    I also do nightly backups with Botzam Backup. It will be interesting to see if the problem returns tomorrow AFTER tonight's backup runs.

    Any of these programs could have corrupted the database.

    Well, at lease I now have a means to recover. Many thanks John.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  7. amf
    amf is offline
    amf's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    #47  
    I also have the Agendus Desktop installed and its conduit is set to "Synchronize the files". If the contacts database(s) are/is the culprit(s), why does the Agendus Desktop have no problems synching? Agendus Desktop also synchronizes my Contacts list. And it does not cause any resets.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    I also do nightly backups with Botzam Backup.

    I have been using Botzam for about a week now. I am getting resets at the end of a backup with BackupMan and sometimes BackupBuddy so I switched to see if any difference. I have had no problems with Botzam as far as I know. Have you been using Botzam for awhile?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have been using Botzam for about a week now. I am getting resets at the end of a backup with BackupMan and sometimes BackupBuddy so I switched to see if any difference. I have had no problems with Botzam as far as I know. Have you been using Botzam for awhile?
    I've been using it for a couple of months. I used it to backup and restore when I did the 1.08 firmware update. It worked well.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    I've been using it for a couple of months. I used it to backup and restore when I did the 1.08 firmware update. It worked well.

    You've used it long enough that I don't think there's a corralation with the corruption.
  11. #51  
    Ever since I hotsynced this morning my (Sprint) 650 keeps resetting after the screen goes blank. Seems to work fine if I use it but once it goes to sleep it resets. I didn't install anything and ##377 keeps saying "phone" is the problem!!!! What's up with this?????
  12. #52  
    There is some really screwy stuff with teh nvfs and the new contacts database trying to sync with the compatibility copy. No help to you - but I expect that is the root of the problem.

    You might (probably won't) get some help or info by running Treo650fixaddress which is available at my site
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    There is some really screwy stuff with teh nvfs and the new contacts database trying to sync with the compatibility copy. No help to you - but I expect that is the root of the problem.

    You might (probably won't) get some help or info by running Treo650fixaddress which is available at my site
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

    thank you... at this point I will give ANYTHING a try!

    Edit:
    Installed and tried it but that didn't fix it

    This is really bad... my 600 I some problems but nothing like this
    Last edited by the worm; 06/09/2005 at 03:21 PM.
  14. ctct's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #54  
    Dear All,
    my system error log says a reset was caused while running hotsync - PIMsDataMgr.c, Line 135checkrecordchunk means chunk is null

    May I know how do i troubleshoot this error? Thanks
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctct
    Dear All,
    my system error log says a reset was caused while running hotsync - PIMsDataMgr.c, Line 135checkrecordchunk means chunk is null

    May I know how do i troubleshoot this error? Thanks
    Yeah, mine too... You guys have it easy, being able to delete Butler, Doc to go, etc... Now how do I get rid of Hotsync?! HEehehhe

    TIA
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    Well, when I deleted ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb, the Treo refused to sync any contacts despite resetting and restoring the file. I ended up having to delete 5 files to get it to work:

    ContactsAVIndex-PAdd.pdb
    ContactsDBIndex-PAdd.pdb
    ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb
    ContactsSimDB-PAdd.pdb
    AddressDB.pdb
    I just wanted to bump up this post, this fixed my hotsync crash finally, I had been ignoring it basically since updating to 1.28, and after wiping out these files, running Contacts, then syncing again (see below), I have now happy synced multiple times without a crash. Yay!

    In Windows, simply set "Desktop overwrites Palm".

    In Linux using jpilot, I exported out my Addresses to a CSV file (MAKE SURE you check csv, not text, etc), then synced. This wipes out all the address data on the computer. Then import back in the cvs file, then sync again, and it's all back on the palm.

    I might look around to see what the difference is in the files, although there might be a lot of little differences that'll make it hard to figure out. A corrupt entry most likely.
  17. #57  
    Great job, Thanks Khaystsus. I deleted the contacts database (I could only find ConctactsDB-PAdd.pdb actually) and then set Hotsync to PC overwrites handheld. Did not receive a hotsync errror. Thanks!
  18. #58  
    solved my problems here as well - thanks!!!
  19. #59  
    [QUOTE=JohnH59]
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget

    This is what I get EVERY time that it resets after hotsync:

    A reset was caused on
    6/1/05 at 12:39 pm
    while running
    "Contacts":

    DataMgr.c, Line:8872,
    DmWrite:
    DmWriteCheck failed
    That's funny. Here is the error I got this morning. I was typing an email in versamail with an attachment. As I was out of a service area I wanted to put it in the outbox instead of sending so I clicked outbox. That click caused a reset every time. I did it three or four times. Here is the error code:

    A crash occurred on
    10/14/05 at 7:54 am
    while running "VersaMail":

    DataMgr.c, Line:8872,
    DmWrite:
    DmWriteCheck failed

    <OK>
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

    If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Thank you. This worked for me.
    Thank you! This worked for me also.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions