Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm having a problem with soft resets too. When I dial ##377, it says that "Pics & Videos" caused a fatal exception. I find a get a lot of soft resets, some in the SMS mode, some in Pics & Videos, and now that I know that ##377 is the way to see what caused the crash, I'm going to keep an eye on this because I think more than a couple of programs are involved with soft resets on my T650
  2.    #22  
    I've never used the Bluetooth DUN. I'm not that much of a power user.
  3.    #23  
    I'm going to try reinstalling the Docs To Go Suite and see if the problem comes back. If it does, I'll just live with it. As long as I know other people are having it, I won't take it as a sign that there's something seriously wrong with my Treo.
    I used the ##377 and found that SlideShow to Go was causing the soft resets. I deleted it, and now the hotsync process is working again.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    All of my resets were caused by Hotsync. This occurred on two computers and many, many attempts. It first happened during the backup stage of the Hotsync, and after I disabled that in the prefs, it happened during the Avangto Sync. I have updated the latest client of AG and still the same prob. The backup killed the phone every time, yet the file where it choked was different every time.

I previously had the Handspring folder from my old install, and so I uninstalled everything, deleted the folder and now have a PalmOne folder.

So, I fixed the problem by disabling the backup setting and also the Avantgo sync. I can sync Avantgo just fine over the air.

So, my syncs are now reliable without the two options I mentioned...
    I had the same problem described by phildro. ##377 reported that Hot Sync caused my resets. I disabled backup and Avantgo and can now hot sync without a problem. Not having a backup on the desktop makes me extremely uncomfortable, though, as I am currently using BackupBuddy VFS 3.0.3, which is quirky on the 650. Let's hope PalmOne gets that fix out quickly!
    I started getting random soft resets after installing a couple of apps. One was PDANet, the other was Mergic VPN. I actually had this problem on my first TREO 650 and I returned it to the Sprint Store. Now my second one is doing it. I had Mergic VPN on this one by itself and when I installed PDANet the problem returned. Any one having this problem. Is there another DUN app out that that works as well as PDANet?
    I don't think the reset are always caused by an app. I say that because like Phildro, I have been seeing my HotSyncs hang when they get to various apps, after having deleted what I thought was a culprit. Also, it could have something to do with the HotSync.log file

I have a new problem with my Treo 600, where I had perfect HotSyncs until a month ago, when it stopped completing the Hotsync, and would just hang. I had to reset the Treo, and use Task Manager to kill the HotSync on my PC. The Hotsync seemed to have accomplished something until it would hang (AvantGo, calendar, contacts were updated), but I would get a warning somewhere that not all was backed up.

I finally dug into the problem yesterday, and lost an entire workday on it. (looks like I'll lose at least one more...)
    I've read all the threads, and this is where I'm at now:
    · I've got the dreaded reset loop
    · I have done a hard reset and am trying to restore from a backup from before the reset loop problem.
    · In my Backup folder, I have multiple files called "CarrierProfile_.PDB and NetworkProfile_.PDB" with increasing underscores in their filenames
    · At the end of the restore, I get HotSync dialog log note on my PC "cannot find Hotsync.log", even though I confirmed the path and the file is indeed there. (I've noticed that that HotSync.log file in my user folder on my PC has a date from 3 months ago, and cannot be opened, even with Notepad)
    · Firmware 3.05 is still loaded

Does anyone know the solution to the HotSync log cannot be found error? Is the file damaged?
    Using a Tréo 600. For now.
    I just started getting the soft resets during every hotsynch today also. It began when I tried to install MMPlayer. I did a hard reset and restored from BackupMan (and didn't reinstall MMPlayer) and it keeps doing it. When I check ##377 it just sas HotSync caused the reset. Anyone figure this one out yet???
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    For what it's worth, I was getting the reset loop due to AvantgoPimPod5 (used for AvantGo connect?) and one of the BugMe+ files.
    But now that I have reloaded them from their installers, no problem.

I guess once you have the reset loop, simply dragging and dropping apps and their associated files from an older backups folder into your active backup folder and reversing the system master in your HotSync preferences may cause you to reload a corrupted file. (this is what I was doing)

I'm not saying that there are not incompatible apps out there, but you may want to try a fresh reinstall before abandonning one that you like. I also think a fresh build of your backups folder is probably real healthy now and then...I had so much trash in there, some probably from my Clié days! And now I have so much free space...

Phildro, you should check to see if you have your PC set as the system master for HotSyncs set in your HotSync preferences by default. If so, you are probably reloading a corrupted file at every HotSync!
    Last edited by Rob010101; 01/06/2005 at 10:41 AM.
    Using a Tréo 600. For now.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl
    I had the soft reset after each hotsync problem. I dialed ##377 as suggested. It said that Slideshow To Go caused the problem.
    This technique caused the soft reset problem to stop (at least for now!), or maybe it's a coincidence:
    1. I opened Documents to Go (by launching "Documents" after pressing the home key).
    2. I tapped the new document icon at the bottom left of the window to get the pull-up menu to appear.
    3. I selected "Slideshow to Go" from the pullup menu.
    4. I tapped on the close document icon at the bottom left of the window.
    5. I selected "delete document"
    Thank you. This worked for me.
    Interesting....

I was also having the same problem - reliable, complete hotsyncs with a soft reset upon close. I received no message in the log and hotsync shut down normally on the PC. But like clockwork, I had a soft reset. ##377# said it was hotsync - not too helpful there.

After reading this thread I realized I had been working on a spreadsheet on the 650. I used the Dataviz move to card app and made sure it put all my programs back on the card. Once I did that, no automatic hotsync.

It's funny. If I move all the xxx to go apps to the card and then run one, it never goes back to the card. I have to manually move it back again and I get a message saying a copy of the program is already on the card.

Nice implementation folks.... :-p
    first time i used docs2go was yesterday when i sorta "discovered' it and started playing with it.

but i've had occasional random reboots - and my ##377 msg says its hotsync, too

all i have to say is - i hope they get this figured out...
    For what it's worth, I get an automatic reset after each hotsync (usually). I think it's related to "butler" although I am not positive about that. I do not have docs to go installed.
    I just tried to hotsync and it gave me a failure part way through and then resets my 650. I tried again and same thing. Anyone figure this out?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    For what it's worth, I get an automatic reset after each hotsync (usually). I think it's related to "butler" although I am not positive about that. I do not have docs to go installed.
    Agreed. I used the system "Delete" feature in Applications (after disabling all of Butler's features in the app itself) and removed Butler from my 650. ALL hotsync-related resets have stopped... and I was having them with nearly every hotsync. This is the only change I made so I'm pretty confident it's Butler.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    I just tried to hotsync and it gave me a failure part way through and then resets my 650. I tried again and same thing. Anyone figure this out?
    Try deleting Butler if you have it installed (see my post above this one). There is another thread with a number of folks reporting resolution of this problem after removing Butler. Remember to open the app first and select "Disable All". After that, use the built-in Palm Applications "Delete" menu option as this removes all associated databases and preferences as well. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    It's funny. If I move all the xxx to go apps to the card and then run one, it never goes back to the card. I have to manually move it back again and I get a message saying a copy of the program is already on the card.
    Maybe this will help... If you open a database in DTG and then exit the app without closing the database (and going back to the main documents list), the associated DTG application (WTG, STG, etc) will remain in RAM. It is only moved back to the card once the database is closed.
    I've been watching this too. using the error reporting tool (##377), the most prominent offender has been a font tool called FontCollector, and unfortunately DocsToGo (any of those Apps).

Brian
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I have a hotsync cable at home and at work. My 650 will reboot after the first hotsync in each location. All subsequent hotsyncs are fine until I change locations. Is there any way to fix this or is it something I'll have to live with?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast