1.    #1  
    Hi. I have a treo 600 and i'm having a bit of trouble with it. I have been using it for several months now, and some how i have only 1.4mb of free space left on the phone. I still have all the default applications that came with the treo installed. The only applications that i use are the phone list, date book, to do list, text plus, and vindigo. Are there any pre-installed allpications that are complete memory hogs that i can remove from my system? I find it hard to believe that i have already filled up all 24mb of my space using just these applications.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ron
  2.    #2  
    BTW.... I do empty my deleted emails and my browser cache is set to 1.6mb.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkress
    BTW.... I do empty my deleted emails and my browser cache is set to 1.6mb.
    You said it!!! Email!!! I presume you use the native email client. Do a search on this topic. I suggest you go to account setup and delete your email accounts (of course this will wipe out all your mail) and setup new accounts. You will notice a big difference in available memory. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Go to [Applications] [Menu] [Info] to see what the hog is. Let us know what you find.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Vindigo can use up a lot of memory, especially if you have a number of cities with full details.
    Put Vindigo on a SD card and run it with ZLauncher.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, I will try your suggestions and i'll let you know how it goes.
  8.    #8  
    I deleted all the mail accounts, and I went from 1.4MB of free space to almost 20MB of free space. Even after I re-entered my mail account and connected to it, i still have almost 20MB free.

Thanks for the Help!
    I deleted all the mail accounts, and I went from 1.4MB of free space to almost 20MB of free space. Even after I re-entered my mail account and connected to it, i still have almost 20MB free.

Thanks for the Help!
    Told you so. You will have to do this periodically I'm afraid. It has something to do with attachments you get with email. For some reason, the mail app does not delete attachments even if you delete the corresponding email. Glad to help.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Hi. I have a treo 600 and i'm having a bit of trouble with it. I have been using it for several months now, and some how i have only 1.4mb of free space left on the phone. I still have all the default applications that came with the treo installed. The only applications that i use are the phone list, date book, to do list, text plus, and vindigo. Are there any pre-installed allpications that are complete memory hogs that i can remove from my system? I find it hard to believe that i have already filled up all 24mb of my space using just these applications.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ron
    OK, you've wiped it out - now you need to re-enter all your mail settings and info. If you have an SD card, just copy the mail file (emailLibrxxxxx or similar)
    to your SD card. Next time you wipe it out, just copy the old one back from your SD card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    OK, you've wiped it out - now you need to re-enter all your mail settings and info. If you have an SD card, just copy the mail file (emailLibrxxxxx or similar)
    to your SD card. Next time you wipe it out, just copy the old one back from your SD card.
    This is a good idea - I read this in a thread a while back. Although I've never done it - I'll try it on my next treo cleaning. Have you done this successfully?
    I've done the backup/restore of the empty file before - works like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Seems like too much work just for email. I recommend Snappermail. I was a devout fan of the native email client, but also had that problem. Switched over to SM and haven't looked back!

Snappermail + TreoHelper = Almost "Push" Email!

Hey, it's just my two cents!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Man,
    I know that this is an OLD thread, but with almost everything moved to the SD card and a few 100K of memory left, a simple deletion of my email account freed up over 20MB of RAM!
    Place witty signature here: