1.    #1  
    Here's a challenge to any enterprising developer.

What I would love to have is a utility that allows for scheduled bluetooth synchronization in the background between my 650 and my laptop.

The way I see this working is that when a certain interval of time has elapsed, let's say 4 hours, the 650 would check to see if my bluetooth enabled laptop is nearby and, if so, begin a background synchronization with it. If the laptop isn't found, then it would go back to sleep for a specified period of time. I don't know if it's critical that this happen in the background - maybe it could just execute when the 650 isn't being used - but it would be an added bonus.

Anyone else think this would be a cool thing to have? Does this already exist? Is this even possible as I described it?
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Here's a challenge to any enterprising developer.

What I would love to have is a utility that allows for scheduled bluetooth synchronization in the background between my 650 and my laptop.

The way I see this working is that when a certain interval of time has elapsed, let's say 4 hours, the 650 would check to see if my bluetooth enabled laptop is nearby and, if so, begin a background synchronization with it. If the laptop isn't found, then it would go back to sleep for a specified period of time. I don't know if it's critical that this happen in the background - maybe it could just execute when the 650 isn't being used - but it would be an added bonus.

Anyone else think this would be a cool thing to have? Does this already exist? Is this even possible as I described it?
    I am looking for the same thing, or even just one-button synching over Bluetooth. Now that I synch via bluetooth, I never use the cable and therefore don't even have one button synching (I can assign a button to hotsynch, but then i have ot initiate the synch).

I see two possible solutions, but can't find a utility that does either:

1) An advanced launcher that allows one button to launch hotsych and press the synch button.

2) A way to initiate the synch from the desktop via a command line parameter that can be scheduled using windows scheduler.

Would love it if someone could find either of these solutions or any other alternative. I love not having a cable to my PC now, but miss the one-button synch.