1.    #1  
    I recently had to do a hard reset on my Treo 600 when running the 1.12 updater went wrong. I HotSync'd first so all my data was able to be replaced (calendar, tasks, contacts, memos, etc.) but all my Internet bookmarks, phone shortcut buttons, etc. were lost. How can I backup these Treo-specific phone/app preferences in case I have to do another hard reset someday?
    BTW, I use Missing Sync 4 w/ my Mac OS X system and it works wonderfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by disconnekt
    I recently had to do a hard reset on my Treo 600 when running the 1.12 updater went wrong. I HotSync'd first so all my data was able to be replaced (calendar, tasks, contacts, memos, etc.) but all my Internet bookmarks, phone shortcut buttons, etc. were lost. How can I backup these Treo-specific phone/app preferences in case I have to do another hard reset someday?
    BTW, I use Missing Sync 4 w/ my Mac OS X system and it works wonderfully.
    In your Palm "backup" folder, make a copy of the "PhoneFavoritesDB.pdb" (save a copy of this somewhere else) This should ensure that your phone shortcut buttons are backed up. If you ever want to replace these after a hardreset, just insert your backedup copy into the same folder and you will have your old favorites back. By the way, this is the same method that I used to move my favorites from the Treo600 to the Treo650.

To backup your blazer bookmarks, I think you do the same thing with "Blazer_Bookmarks.PDB"
  3.    #3  
    Hi and thanks for this info. But if these files are backed up in a folder called 'Backup', why were they not restored to the phone when I did a Hotsync after the hard reset? I had already backed up my entire Treo before the hard reset!
    If I were you I would get either BackupMan or BackupBuddy. both will backup EVERYTHING on your Treo to a SD card and you can either restore everything (like after a hard reset) or you can do a "selective restore."
    I have BackupMan and it is a great little program. I have mine set up to backup everything on my Treo at 10pm each night. I also have a spare SD card with a full backup just in case my Treo gets stolen or something (God forbid!).
  5.    #5  
    Llynx
    thanks for the info on BackupMan. So from what I understand, to back up the Treo-specific phone preferences there is no way to do this via Hotsync to my Mac—I only have the option of a 3rd party software and backup to an SD card? I would prefer not to have to purchase additional software if possible and I would definitely prefer to be able to back this info up to my computer instead of the SD card in case my Treo gets lost/stolen (and I don't wanna deal with a 2nd SD card backup which I always leave at home, too complicated).
    Llynx
    thanks for the info on BackupMan. So from what I understand, to back up the Treo-specific phone preferences there is no way to do this via Hotsync to my Mac—I only have the option of a 3rd party software and backup to an SD card? I would prefer not to have to purchase additional software if possible and I would definitely prefer to be able to back this info up to my computer instead of the SD card in case my Treo gets lost/stolen (and I don't wanna deal with a 2nd SD card backup which I always leave at home, too complicated).
    Did you read my answer to your question? It's post #2 in this thread. In it are the directions on how to do this.
    You can use cardbackup.
    Llynx
    Disconnekt:
    You can go to your backup folder and you should be able to find these files. When you do a hotsync they are stored in the "Backup" folder. I am not certain as to why they are not restored ... but if you can find them all you have to do is click on them and they will be put into your Install Log for your next hotsync. Does this make sense? I hope so. Try this and see if it works.
    Hopefully you have not written over the old favorites and phone favorites.