1.    #1  
    If this is old news, then ignore, but I just saw this .pdf which makes me think ATT/Cingular may be ramping up:

http://www.attwireless.com/media/dow...s1019final.pdf

This is also interesting:
    http://www.attwireless.com/global/bu...tantinfo.jhtml

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    Purchase of upcoming Treo 650 will require credit approval, activation on an AT&T Wireless Mobile Internet Data Plan with a monthly recurring fee of $19.99 or higher, $36 activation fee, minimum one year agreement, and $175 early termination fee per line of service. Activation on the $19.99 Mobile Internet Data Plan also requires activation on a qualified voice plan. Certain rate plans require a principal residence within an eligible AT&T Wireless service area. This device will only accept a SIM card provided by AT&T Wireless and cannot be activated with any other wireless carrier. To take advantage of all the benefits and service features, including corporate email access, you may need to purchase additional hardware, software, pay monthly access and/or per use charges. Actual download speeds depend on distance from cell site, network availability and traffic, device, method of connection to another device, applications, tasks, file size and other factors. EDGE comparison based on published speed claims of national mobile wireless data networks. Not available for purchase or use in all areas. Due to coverage and system limitations, service may not be accessible at all times. Availability, speed of delivery and timeliness of information is not guaranteed. Geographic limitations and other restrictions and charges apply. When outside the AT&T Wireless network, access will be limited to information and applications previously downloaded to or resident on your device. Service subject to the applicable business agreement or Service Agreement in the device box, service plan brochures, coverage maps, and promotional materials. By using service you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of any applicable software licenses. Failure to comply with such terms and conditions may result in termination of service. Certain other restrictions may apply. Please contact an AT&T Wireless Representative for further details. This product contains small parts. Keep out of children’s reach. Certain states and municipalities limit the use of ear buds and headsets when driving while others require hands-free use. Check laws in the area where you are driving. Minimum PC System Requirements for Synchronization: Microsoft® Windows® 2000, Microsoft® Windows® XP, or Macintosh OS 10.2-10.3x; USB interface; CD ROM drive.

GSM is a trademark of the GSM Association. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
    Maybe they are getting ready for the 15th.
    Actually I saw that pdf file of the 650 about a month ago, after someone from this site posted it. I think it may be old, but I'm a AT&T customer waiting on the GSM version release, so I hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by howardde
    This device will only accept a SIM card provided by AT&T Wireless and cannot be activated with any other wireless carrier.
    ATT is notorious for locking their GSM phones. I am not surprised that 650's bought from them are locked. It is (almost) impossible to get them to unlock your phone.

That is the reason why I like T-Mobile. They are happy to give you an unlock code if you request one. I have done it several times (Treo 270 and several 600's) without any problems.
    It has been posted from some time ago.
    GSM at last...
    We have some geeks onthe board,who can help us unlock the AT&T.
    I also saw the pdf awhile ago. Note the color reversal - blue face and gray body, the reverse of the Sprint model.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Old news and possibly incorrect. All info says it will be a Cingular phone so no AT&T logo and maybe different colors.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    all Treos are silver for 650
    I did see a T658 w/ Cingular logo @ Chicago road show. One of the IT suppliers had it.
    FastFrank
    ???? The Sprint one isn't. And the photos of the AT&T version was silver but the facing around the screen was a metallic blue instead of the grey in all other versions (including the Sprint). This was shown in both the AT&T page and several photos floating around the web.

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    all Treos are silver for 650
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680