1.    #1  
    I just got a 1gig ultra II sd card. How do I use it?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Bruce
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    What do you want to use it for??? Lot's of apps have proprietary sync'ing (eg. Real Player). I use my 1gb card for mp3. I have a 128mb card I use for apps and miscellaneous. How you use it totally depends on what you want to use it for...
    Vince
  3.    #3  
    I want to use it to store pics, music, apps, and anything that can free up memory. How do I accsess it? How do I move files on to it?
    Last edited by mtgdoc; 12/08/2004 at 12:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Virtually every application has a selection in the menu to move to SD card. Storing pics is easy, every time you hotsync, you copy pics onto your hard drive, so erase them. If there are a few you want to keep, simply use the menu to move them to the sd card. If you use Express (I use it lots), you can move any or all of the categories to the sd card (that gave me about 4mb more on my 600). I run all my games (about fifteen of them) off my sd card. To access it, simply pop it in the slot and go to the application that you are using with it. Your mp3 player will recognize the music files, Express will recognize it's categories, etc. I run all my mp3 files off my 1gb card. I run all my apps off my 128mb card. I use high bitrate mp3s (192kbps), because I use high end "canal phones" instead of plain earbuds or inexpensive headphones. The higher bit rate makes a difference with quality earpieces - even if only slightly. Some applications require 3rd party software (Zlauncher) to use off the card, but none of the ones I use require it. The only software I run off the main memory (except the default apps) are QSet (for the camera), Ultrasoft Money (because I'm paranoid about losing the card), and the Express shell app. Hope this helps.
    Vince
    oh, and I run RealPlayer off the main memory, as well.
    Last edited by vinman; 12/09/2004 at 07:11 AM.