1.    #1  
    Problem 1:
    The Treo 650 manual says i can set up voice tags for use with my Bluetooth headset. But i cannot figure out how to set them up or where to set them up. I am using the Motorol HS810. Any suggestions.

Problem 2: The manual says that i incoming calls are automatically transferred to my headset and outgoing calls are automatically transferred to my headset. i find this is not the case. If i hit the answer buttom on the phone, the audio goes to the phone, not the headset. if i hit the moto button on the headset, then it does answer and transfers to the headset. Outgoing calls, i must first dial and then hit the headset moto buttom on the headset.

Any thoughts or suggestions here? I am all alone here?

Oh and one last thing. Has Palm officially responded about the annoying volume problem which has a work around of hitting the mute button?

Robert.
    robert
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Robert do a search, this has been discusses several times already. Take a look at the bluetooth area of these forums as well, which is where this post will probably end up anyway.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
  3.    #3  
    Utey,

I did a search and i didnt find any answers on the voice tag or problem #2. My understanding is that not alot of people frequent the bluetooth section. Since these issues are specific to the Treo 650 i thought i should bring it up here. If you know where the answers are to my problem then please post the link. If you dont, than you are simply taking up space.

Robert.
    robert
    I believe what they are saying is that if the bluetooth device itself stores tags you can use them to dial. I don't believe any headsets do this. There might be bluetooth car kits or other devices which store tags directly but I have not researched this much.

Right now there is no effective way to do voice dialing via bluetooth. The developers of Voice Dial (by Voice Signal) that is included as a trial with the Treo 650 CD and on the P1 website have said that they need P1 to implement a hook in the bluetooth on the Treo for the headset button press. This is missing on the Treo, but they claim that P1 has promised to add it in the future and their product will then be able to take advantage of that (but who knows when).

I put the following comment in the bluetooth section on the HS-850 review. Nobody has responded to this comment. I would interested if you are seeing this also "I've been trying the HS-850 with the Treo 650 and trying to figure out this autoconnect on dialing. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. I'm pretty convinced that it has to do with the Treo or the HS-850 sleeping the connection to save power. If I turn on the 850, then dial the Treo, it connects immediately. Notice that the bluetooth icon on the Treo is "outlined" which seems to be an active connection. Press the button on the 850 and dial out and it connects immediately. Wait say 10 seconds after the last call, dial out and it connects about 5 seconds after the call connects. Wait a few minutes after the last call and it doesn't autoconnect when dialing out. Notice also that the flashing blue light on the headset isn't flashing anymore making me think it went to sleep after not seeing any activity after awhile. Make sense? Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone get it to autoconnect immediately after dialing if you haven't used the headset for 5 minutes?"
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    First your search should have answered your first problem. Mine did.

Second problem: Your call will be directed to whichever device you answer with. You would not want to answer the phone only to have your call picked up on your BT device which is in the glovebox right? So it sounds like everything is working fine there.

There have been problems with people calling out using their BT headset. There has been discussion on this. Search for HS810 for more info.

Palm has not responded offically to sounds problems.

Forgive me for taking up space, I was trying to help. Don't worry it won't happen again.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    I have a HS820 and have the exact same issues you describe. I can answer a call thru the moto button, but outgoing calls require that I push the moto button to use the headset. There really isn't anything in either the T650 or HS820 manual that touch on this.

BTW, what is the exact procedure to jack the volume using the mute button? I toggled the mute button on mine without any improvement in the volume. But then this morning, I got a second call why on a BT call. As it went thru putting the missed call info on the screen, my headset suddenly got much louder. But only for about 5-10 seconds and then stopped. It was great for those 10 seconds. Otherwise everyone is very hard to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by utey
    First your search should have answered your first problem. Mine did.

Second problem: Your call will be directed to whichever device you answer with. You would not want to answer the phone only to have your call picked up on your BT device which is in the glovebox right? So it sounds like everything is working fine there.

There have been problems with people calling out using their BT headset. There has been discussion on this. Search for HS810 for more info.

Palm has not responded offically to sounds problems.

Forgive me for taking up space, I was trying to help. Don't worry it won't happen again.
    Incorrect, if the phone is paired with a bluetooth headset, and the headset is in range and can be linked to, the phone will transfer the call to the headset as soon as it establishes two way communications with it. Sometimes this is slower than others. It's annoying to answer on the phone only to have it transfered to the headset, but to get around that you turn the headset off... It works perfectly for me with a Bluetrek G2.
  8. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Incorrect, if the phone is paired with a bluetooth headset, and the headset is in range and can be linked to, the phone will transfer the call to the headset as soon as it establishes two way communications with it. Sometimes this is slower than others. It's annoying to answer on the phone only to have it transfered to the headset, but to get around that you turn the headset off... It works perfectly for me with a Bluetrek G2.
    I think it depends on the headset. For my Jabra BT200, you actually have to proactively press the button on the headset to establish 2-way communication w/ the Treo 650 when a call comes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    I think it depends on the headset. For my Jabra BT200, you actually have to proactively press the button on the headset to establish 2-way communication w/ the Treo 650 when a call comes in.
    check your handsfree settings. I have the same headset and the call goes to the headset automatically.
  10. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    check your handsfree settings. I have the same headset and the call goes to the headset automatically.
    That's odd..I've tried setting the 'auto answer' drop-down menu to 'immediately', 'after 1 ring', and 'after 2 rings' and it never picks up automatically, I always have to press the button on my Jabra BT headset. I wonder if there's some wierd setting on the headset I have to enable?
    Quote Originally Posted by robcalvert
    Oh and one last thing. Has Palm officially responded about the annoying volume problem which has a work around of hitting the mute button?
    Have you given the latest release of BTmute a try?
    I suspect the auto-transfer behaviour depends on whether you paired the headset using the Headset or Handsfree profile.

My Jabra BT250 supports both; when I originally paired it with the HS profile, I had to press the headset button after initiating a call, but after re-pairing it with the HF profile, outgoing calls now go to the headset automatically.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    I suspect the auto-transfer behaviour depends on whether you paired the headset using the Headset or Handsfree profile.

My Jabra BT250 supports both; when I originally paired it with the HS profile, I had to press the headset button after initiating a call, but after re-pairing it with the HF profile, outgoing calls now go to the headset automatically.
    This may well be the issue I am having as well. I apologize, but I do not see a way to chhose between these profiles. When setting up a device, the only choice i get is "Handsfree".

Could you elaborate on this?
    I use the HS820 and used to be automatically connected to the headset on outgoing calls. However, now I have to hit the MF button. I've re-paired a couple of times to no avail.

The palm bluetooth FAQ says that the HS820 can only paired using the headset profile, but I had the hands-free profile working before. Now I'm just confussed.

Can anyone verify or help me out with this situation? Thanks.
    I too would like some clarification from those of you who've paired both with the headset and handsfree profiles. My BT800 doesn't work well with my 650 and I think that the problem is that the BT800's headset profile is very slow, Jabra says that it was meant to be used with the handsfree profile. Some people have reported much better results with the BT800 and I'm thinking that maybe they're using the handsfree profile, but how do you switch them?
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.
    Last edited by carlstuffs; 03/11/2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: capitalization/sp
    I have had my Treo650 for 18 months now, and I still have bizarre problems with the BlueTooth devices I have tried. My latest is the Plantronics Voyager 510, which seems to work the best of the group. I started with a Moto H300 with AAA battery. I was easy to pair and worked well, except after a few minutes it would go into what Moto called standby mode, but it actually seemed to shut itself off after 5 quick descending tones. (not even described in the manual) In order to receive or send a call, you would have to tap the main button long enough to turn the thing on again, and then tap again to transfer the call. I talked to Moto, who said I was doing everything correctly. They replaced the device, and the new one does the same thing...usable but a pain! While that one was gone for service, I tried the Moto 850 with the boom mike. It also seemd to turn itself completely off after a while, and sometimes opening and closing the boom mike would not even turn the power back on. I tried two of these and returned them. I also tried a HANDSFREE BLUE VISION car set; I paired it trying both Hands Free and HeadSet. It worked when first paired, but then would often lock up the 650 when a call was dialed or came in, and I would actually have to reset the 650. The Plantronics seems to work, perhaps because it does not seem to go into stand by mode. It is either on or off depending on the power switch mode, One other weird thing happens to the Moto H300. I can turn the power all the way off...hold power button until several quick flashes, and when I later walk into the room, it suddenly flashes at me! My Treo is OFF, but in the charger in the same room, and there are no other Bluetooth devices anywhere nearby. My granddaughter has successfully used all four of these devices with her BT enabled cell phone as a trial. There has to be something unusual about the 650!
    Jerry
    Last edited by jerryoster; 03/18/2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: sp