Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    Which should I get? They are both the same price, is the anti-glare not as "clear"?
  2. #2  
    I can't tell the crystal is on my T650 and glare has not been a problem. I did find it was trickier to install than Boxwave or other posters have said. As soon as I peeled the backing, dust stuck to the protector.

    I've learned to live with it.
  3. ratsey's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #3  
    I have the Boxwave Anti Glare. I was almost going to get the crystal since I had similar on my old UX-50. But I'm glad I went with the anti glare. It really is - no reflection from overhead lights and also NO fingerprints. Ever.
  4. #4  
    What company makes the screen protectors you are referring to?
  5. #5  
    The absolute best screen protector I've ever used is the Martin Fields Overlay http://www.overlayplus.com/ . Crystal clear, easiest to apply. I've tried them all and it's the only one I mess with any more. I've used one one a Treo 600 for 7 months, and I'm putting this on the 650 also.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. ratsey's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #6  
    I had the Martin Fields on my UX-50. I prefer the Boxwave AntiGlare.
  7. #7  
    To each their own. I've tried the Boxwave also and liked them until I tried the Martin Fields. I find the ant-glare coatings to be a waste of time, they take a small bright glare and turn it into a large dull glare. But, that's what personal choice is about.

    Quote Originally Posted by ratsey
    I had the Martin Fields on my UX-50. I prefer the Boxwave AntiGlare.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #8  
    Allot cheaper than boxwave ,and work great
  9. #9  
    I've got the anti-glare. Very happy with it! Not foggy, and cuts glare a lot
  10. #10  
    Boxwave is out of the Crystal and is not expecting a new shipment for 2 weeks.

    I know this because I placed an order this past Saturday and started wondering yesterday evening why it had not shipped. I e-mailed them and they said they were out of stock.

    It sort of pissed me off because A. their website inventory updating tools suck and B. when were they going to decide to let me know this.

    I switched my order to Anti-Glare, but if they haven't shipped it out by 11am, I'm going to cancel my order.

    The order I placed with them 11 months ago went well, but after being spoiled by Newegg for the past several years, I become frustrated when online retailers don't ship out products within 24 hours.
  11. #11  
    I just went to kinkos & got a sheet of transparency for 55 cents! I cut it to size and made sure that no dust or fingerprints were on screen or transparency (put it on with cloth). It works perfectly. It doesn't have anti-glare or whatever but the Treo 650 screen looks fine even in bright sun! Only thing is it does get fingerprints on it. But oh well it was 55 CENTS!!!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I just went to kinkos & got a sheet of transparency for 55 cents! I cut it to size and made sure that no dust or fingerprints were on screen or transparency (put it on with cloth). It works perfectly. It doesn't have anti-glare or whatever but the Treo 650 screen looks fine even in bright sun! Only thing is it does get fingerprints on it. But oh well it was 55 CENTS!!!
    Why didn't you just use the one that came with the phone?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    Boxwave is out of the Crystal and is not expecting a new shipment for 2 weeks.

    I know this because I placed an order this past Saturday and started wondering yesterday evening why it had not shipped. I e-mailed them and they said they were out of stock.

    It sort of pissed me off because A. their website inventory updating tools suck and B. when were they going to decide to let me know this.

    I switched my order to Anti-Glare, but if they haven't shipped it out by 11am, I'm going to cancel my order.

    The order I placed with them 11 months ago went well, but after being spoiled by Newegg for the past several years, I become frustrated when online retailers don't ship out products within 24 hours.

    Boxwave has some execution issues.

    They have nice products, but lousy fulfillment.

    They are like mom and pop shops, whiel Newegg is like Wal-Mart (in the good sense)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Boxwave has some execution issues.
    They have nice products, but lousy fulfillment.
    They are like mom and pop shops, whiel Newegg is like Wal-Mart (in the good sense)
    I got the Anti-Glare on Monday and it looks good. I still would have liked to have tried out the Crystal though...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Boxwave has some execution issues.

    They have nice products, but lousy fulfillment.

    They are like mom and pop shops, whiel Newegg is like Wal-Mart (in the good sense)

    And lousy customer service!
  16. #16  
    I really hate the Boxwave protectors -- don't understand how people here like them. In my mind the "reuseable" screen protectors (G2/Boxwave/etc.) are the worst. They let dust in which scratches the screen and defeats the whole purpose -- you're better off just going with no protector.

    The sticky type protectors are more of a pain to put on, not reuseable, but in the end actually protect the screen, keep dust out, and look better. I think they end up cheaper, too.

    Also BTW I ordered Boxwave protectors -- a 3 pack -- and got the wrong kind anyway. Too much of a pain to return so I'm out about $50 on what is, IMO, a vastly inferior product (that I didn't even get as ordered).
  17. #17  
    well, boxwave's protectors blow. Waste of money.

    bcal and I can agree on one thing: the best screenprotectors out there are Martin Fields. Period.

    Anit-glare is way overated.
  18. #18  
    I have a boxwave crystal on now. I'm not too happy with it. It gets fingerprints like crazy. I also don't like how it isn't completely stuck down at the edges. Plus it had a small scratch on it. I read somewhere else on here that someone else had gotten a boxwave with a scratch and they gave him a really hard time trying to return it. So I'm starting to look elsewhere.

    How are the Martin Fields with fingerprints? Do they stick down completely, or is there a little area around the edges that doesn't completely stick down?

    Thanks...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    The absolute best screen protector I've ever used is the Martin Fields Overlay. Crystal clear, easiest to apply. I've tried them all and it's the only one I mess with any more. I've used one one a Treo 600 for 7 months, and I'm putting this on the 650 also.
    Thanks bcaslis! I think I'm gonna give these a shot. Here is a direct link to the 650 one's:

    http://www.overlayplus.com/US/dis_pr...eln=Treo%20650
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  20. #20  
    These appear to be basically identical to the Boxwave (though for half the price). I still think these reusable screen protectors are crap -- the sticky ones are better because they actually keep dust out. The reusable ones allow dust to get in underneath. Sure you can theoretically remove and wash them every once in a while, but you get much better protection from the sticky kind -- which you can just throw away every six months or so.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions