Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I have seen loads of people on ebay claiming they have a GSM 650 and they have been proved wrong. I found this one today and accroding to him he has a phone shop and friends in Palmone. I have emailed him and this is what he said,

ME: Hello, i see you say you have 5 treo 650's and that they are GSM are you sure they are not CDMA as palone has not even given a dat for release let alone release them

HIM:i have GSM
    thank you

ME:Can you not just take a picture of the back so i can see the sim draw?

HIM:Hi
    I have a cell phone company in europe and i have a few friends to palm one ,and i will deliver the phone from Europe .
    Look at my fedback i'm not a liar dear i can,t that because i don,t have a digital camera
    Thank you

What do you guys think?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  2.    #2  
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

All of the seller's feedback is as a buyer, not a seller. The $300 price seems extremely fishy.
    He doesn't have a digital camera - He ownes a cell phone company so he has alot of digital cameras. SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    No, it's a scam. If you look at his feedback the first 2 pages are items he bought and feedback from those sellers. Nowhere is there an item he sold (like a PHONE!!) that proves he's a good seller. This is common for a scammer to build up a good rating by buying things but a common feedback check is to make sure they have ratings selling items similar to what you're buying. Since this guy says he has a phone company I would have expected to see phones he's sold in his feedback. I just did a casual look so maybe there is some truth in there someone but nothing I would touch, and I use ebay a lot.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I saw a thread here a few weeks ago re an ebay guy who wouldn't take photos because he didn't have a camera. The phones HAVE cameras built in!!! He was assumed to be a con. BEWARE. If he had the GSM phone, he'd take a picture somehow.
    Vince
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Also, the fact he says he doesn't have a digital camera is a lame excuse in this day when a lot of phones come with digital camera on board. He has a phone store but can seem to find a phone with a camera?? Yeah, right...
    my heart jumped with excitement at the title before harsh reality set in...
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  9.    #9  
    yea sorry mine did as well the first time i saw one of these scams on ebay

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, I should add that since he sells cell phones he should have a camera, since lots of phones have cameras built in to them these days!

(since no one else pointed that out)
  11.    #11  
    yea dded that to the email he sent and he has not emailed back doubt he will since hes been rumbled

Feedback often means nothing. There have been posts in the past where it became clear that someone hijacked a legitimate users account. They do it so you'll trust the "feedback" but why does it say in big letters at the top "please email me direct from your email address."? Because if you query through e-bay the real owner of the account become aware that their account has been hijacked. Not to mention that this is the same story we've seen in previous scams.

TOTAL SCAM! (sadly.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I've been checking out eBay regularly to see if some GSM's escape some factory and end up there for sale. It's interesting cause there's been one of these auctions at least once a week since the 650 came out. I actually bid on one of the very first auctions along with about 10 others. The 650 had just been announced and the guy said he got some from the factory. I sent him a paypal payment and waited... he said he was out of the country. Long story short... I got lucky. The guy was very honest. He thought his supplier was sending him 650 and when he found out they were actually 600's, he refunded everyone's money.

Everyone's right though....IF he actually had 650's, I would gladly welcome him to open one up and use the camera on it to take a pic...
    LOL... it says the item is in Louisville KY, in the united kingdom.

AHAHAHHAHHAAH

Item location: LOUISVILLE, KY
    United Kingdom

i hope you didn't bid... well, actually, i'm gonna bid on it for .....ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
    5 Treo 650s = 5 Digital Cameras
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    5 Treo 650s = 5 Digital Cameras
    LOL. Knowing this scammer, he'll probably say he can't take pictures of a Treo 650 with a Treo 650, since the camera's on the back.
    auction is no longer available.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    Maybe he's not a liar, but he has developed NO sentence-building skills either.
    It is a group in Romania - Europe, they publish similar bids almost every day (for PDA2K, MPX, Treo etc'), always a 1-day bid, same $300 and always contact by email only.
    And... always money via Western union only...
    To scam the scammers I exchanged a few emails with one of them a while ago and played a very excited (potential) buyer, I actually told him I western-union'd the money (trying to get him to go to the local western union branch in Romania), he tried to verify the (fake) western union transaction on the web and asked me to send him a scan/fax copy of the western union reciept.
    I searched the web and found a western union template, typed in some jibbrish and emailed to him. He went to the western union branch (stupid scammer) and of course they didn't know what he was talking about.
    He got back with a very angry email but I shot back an angry email of my own ;-) saying I am very upset, the money was sent and I want my phone right away, I suggested they mispelled my name (yeah right...) and that he should try again with the potential spelling mistake corrected....
    The stupid guy actually bought it and went a second time.
    This time the only email I got back was full of flames

Make them work for their scam-moneys...
    LOL...that was brilliant...oh boy...best thing I have read all day!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast