Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I tried fiddling with AMR files, and obviously heard how bad they sounded. i just went and downloaded ringo- it was so simple and straightforward that i just went and bought it. i'm not looking back. i can assign mp3/midi files as ringtones and sms alerts for all, for specific people, and for groups of contacts. the mp3s can be on the sd card and it uses the midi files from the internal storage.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by picturehause
    hey are you able to use those same wav files as individual ringtones (in a favourites button)? cos it just doesn't work for me in that situation.
    No, not with the stock 650 software... even though the documentation and the UI imply that you can, it simply doesn't work.

It's (yet another) bug in our $600 "smart" phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    I tried fiddling with AMR files, and obviously heard how bad they sounded. i just went and downloaded ringo- it was so simple and straightforward that i just went and bought it. i'm not looking back. i can assign mp3/midi files as ringtones and sms alerts for all, for specific people, and for groups of contacts. the mp3s can be on the sd card and it uses the midi files from the internal storage.
    actually you can get some really good quality with the wav files. just make then 22khz and use wav2Tones application to convert the wav to AMR and use it with. i've converted some mp3 to wav and then to AMR and it sounds just like to original wav file.

click here for wav2Tones www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum

Yeah. I bought Ringo for that reason also but it doesn't do it with WAVs so that is a big problem here.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Your wav2tones program is screwing with my phone ringtone preferences and Ringo. I find that anything I converted with wav2tones won't work if I am trying to use it with Ringo installed.

UPDATE: The Ringo folks are VERY responsive and it appears they have fixed it to work fine now (and to add the choice of using pictures!)!
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 03/17/2005 at 04:30 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I have never put a mp3 song on a device before. I use to put 2 hour long npr talkshows on my kyocera 7135 and they were 40 megs a piece. I just put 10 mp3 songs on my treo and they ranged from 3 megs to 9 megs. Can someone please tell me if those are normal file sizes for a mp3 song file?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I am planning on using mp3 files edited with audacity for ringtones- does anyone know the maximum size that the tones have to be to be used by treo 650? Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12