Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    Hmmmm, I didn't hear anything about 2-3 weeks until weeks after my order was made. And it has now been 3 weeks and still nothing.

The confusion lies in the fact that the roadshow was for P1's "best" customers, that is their wording not mine. So now you have your "best" customers gunned up over a new device and end up leaving them waiting while other retail channels ship. NEVER giving any indication that other channels would get in months before. Why were they not upfront? Most of us would have been happy to wait as long as we could see it coming.

P1 was never clear on how this was going to work. Things like demo orders shipping after sales orders have only been discovered as of late. A P1 rep in Boston told me that my device would ship "immediately"! Come on!

This is just another chapter in the disasterous story of the t650.

-rob

In Chicago, they did make it clear that VC would not be the fastest way to get one, but nothing about shipping dates, 2-3 weeks, around Christmas or anything like that.

i don't feel "cheated" at this point, but I do feel the Roadshow concept was a bad idea if they could not get the phones into the hands of the attendees any faster than what they have done. I have to say at least one vendor I have talked to agrees. The conversation was sort of like 'why bother to have us there if its going to be months before the attendees can get a unit'
    When the 600 came out a year ago, early adopters at TC were the first to get them, direct from Handspring. Why did palmOne change that? I think it was not a smart thing to do since us early adopters are the best ambassadors for their product. Now they got a group of pissed off ambassodors with no 650 to show off to their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    In Chicago, they did make it clear that VC would not be the fastest way to get one, but nothing about shipping dates, 2-3 weeks, around Christmas or anything like that.

i don't feel "cheated" at this point, but I do feel the Roadshow concept was a bad idea if they could not get the phones into the hands of the attendees any faster than what they have done. I have to say at least one vendor I have talked to agrees. The conversation was sort of like 'why bother to have us there if its going to be months before the attendees can get a unit'
    boo ****ing hoo.

they stated in the second ny show that this would not be the fastest way to get the device.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Does anyone know when all of us that attended the roadshows will be receiving our Treo 650's, and are they going to come with more memory or an extra memory card
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Does anyone know when all of us that attended the roadshows will be receiving our Treo 650's, and are they going to come with more memory or an extra memory card
    No, at that point we still thought the device would work out of the box.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    boo ****ing hoo.

they stated in the second ny show that this would not be the fastest way to get the device.
    The second NY show was one of the last right?

That is the problem!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    boo ****ing hoo.

di**o
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by controller
    By the Chicago roadshow, however, they were talking fully about the 650. The whole song and dance was about the 650, and not the 600.

P1 employees were using the GSM 650's and while they couldn't officially tell us who they were using as a carrier, they had no problems showing us the phone screen.

c
    As it was for the Dallas Show as well. The wireless partners had two minutes to pitch.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    How could this be called a rip-off? When someone is late in stocking something, they are ripping you off?
    Vienna got ripped off/were left with egg on their face. Palm should have supported them!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    Umm, which part of 2-3 weeks that they told you it would take did you not understand? And as someone else pointed out, if you're considering 35 units, the extra $250 for one test unit is irrelevent. Furthermore, maybe the PPC is better for your business.
    Look, those of you who giving me dissension for trying to get something accomplished in a timely manner. Do you guys understand timely? One of the Vienna people in Dallas told me “two to three weeks” and it was so long ago, 5 weeks in fact, and I would not have even received my unit by now. Then it has also come out the Demo unit requestors will wait even longer. Secondly, Sprint did not make the units available until a couple of weeks ago, so....thirdly, did not really want to deal with Sprint Customer Service for futures on the service, etc.... It all just became one really big cluster F_ _ k! "HEY WHERE IS THAT PHONE YOU HAVE BEEN PROMISING US?" "THAT WAS A WASTE OF MONEY/TIME FOR YOUR TRIP TO DALLAS!"

You guys on here, who work for Palm, do not get offended, but I am sorry, but it was just very poor judgment on the part of Palm to leave Vienna hanging as they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    di**o
    I triple the sentiment, if you don't want the discount, go bark up another tree, but the wait is worth the cash. I ordered GSM and I am prepared to wait until January and that is with a VERY low number, 2xx. I apprecaite the discount and feel sorry for VC for inconsiderate slobs that pester them
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I triple the sentiment, if you don't want the discount, go bark up another tree, but the wait is worth the cash. I ordered GSM and I am prepared to wait until January and that is with a VERY low number, 2xx. I apprecaite the discount and feel sorry for VC for inconsiderate slobs that pester them
    If they could get their stories straight they wouldent have to answer emails every day!

If we knew 30 days ago what we know now (and they knew it then) than there would be zero issues! THAT IS THE PROBLEM!

I dont have any problem waiting, my problems arise when i am told one thing, mislead another way and then reality deictates somethign completely different.

P1 and Vienna are pissing customers off for no good reason. BAD BUSINESS!

-rob

We are talking about business. They should be held accountable.
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    Hey, not to jump on you...but if you had to make a decision before the end of December why waste the time on the Treo? It has been pretty clear for quite awhile that the GSM versions weren't going to be available until after the new year....at least that was my impression.
    Did you try calling Palm corporate sales or a good reseller. Sometimes the reseller can pull some strings and get an eval unit for a large customer.
    We are Presently using 2 Treo 600's but intend on equiping all Management & sales Personel with SmartPhones. The reason for wanting to test the 650 is to see if they have Improved the reliability of the Phone portion of the unit in terms of voice quality, dropped & Missed calls etc. , I Have contacted Most of the venders that were at the roadshow & Palm Corporate sales But all that is available is Sprint and CDMA service is nearly non existant in our Immediate area. Judging By the problems that I've seen covered on this board I would definatly have to try a Unit Personally prior to Making this Investment. I have also placed an order for a Motorola MPx 300 for evaluation.
    Quote Originally Posted by IFITHASTOBEPALM
    Vienna got ripped off/were left with egg on their face. Palm should have supported them!
    How do you know they believe they are ripped off? For all you know they are veryhappy with the business that P1 gave them. Fulfilling a couple of thousand orders without much work on their part in securing those orders sounds like a great deal for what appears to be a tiny company.
  15.    #35  
    Bravo Robber! 100th Monkey you are way off base! We are all in business and I especially being a salesman and respected in my field, all I have is the integrity of a promise I make to a customer. Granted Palm did not make any promises to the attendees but they did not discourage us either. Bad business- HELL YEAH IT IS! 100th MOnkey! Tell me this! If you order something and are told you will get it in a certain period of time, and they do not make good on the COMMITMENT, do you just sit back and let them stroke you all they like? I doubt it!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    How do you know they believe they are ripped off? For all you know they are veryhappy with the business that P1 gave them. Fulfilling a couple of thousand orders without much work on their part in securing those orders sounds like a great deal for what appears to be a tiny company.
    Please do not put words into my mouth Silverado. I NEVER said they believe they were ripped off. I merely stated my feelings about how I would feel if I were Vienna. I owuld imagine Vienna will lose a small % of the business because of Palm kissing Sprint's *** - not that I can't blame Palm but they did not help Vienna look good.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Bravo Robber! 100th Monkey you are way off base! We are all in business and I especially being a salesman and respected in my field, all I have is the integrity of a promise I make to a customer. Granted Palm did not make any promises to the attendees but they did not discourage us either. Bad business- HELL YEAH IT IS! 100th MOnkey! Tell me this! If you order something and are told you will get it in a certain period of time, and they do not make good on the COMMITMENT, do you just sit back and let them stroke you all they like? I doubt it! Let me know if you get your GSM model in January?
    hey, just received my 650. i was an attendee at the dallas road show (nov. 4th)..let's see 26 days in november, 8 days in december=34 days. 34 days divided by 7 days a week = 1 day short of 5 weeks...lets see the vc people said it would be 2-5 weeks (per jeff's original email)..WOW !!!
    VIENNACHANNELS CAME THROUGH, JUST AS THEY PROMISED WITH A DAY TO SPARE !

lighten up, be patient and enjoy the discount...if you are in a hurry to get your hands on a 650 go buy it retail...lots of them out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by IFITHASTOBEPALM
    I would imagine Vienna will lose a small % of the business because of Palm kissing Sprint's *** - not that I can't blame Palm but they did not help Vienna look good.
    You don't get it. It's not VC's problem but Palm's. VC is just a contractor and delivery channel and they are at the mercy of Palm1. And it's because that there are problems with the phone, especially the ones talked about in this thread and forum. I am waiting because I get a discount with VC. I am with 100thmonkey! My 600 is working just fine and I can wait....
  20.    #40  
    It looks as though I touched some nerves with the wording in my thread.

Let me be clear. My problem is not with Vienna Channels, it is with Palm. Jeff M. from VC was very professional from every aspect and he should be commended for having to deal with an issue that is his suppliers and not his. To some extent, I agree with those of you who are calling us babies. We should be on Palm's ***, trying to find out where our units are.

What I have expressed is my opinion and no one else’s. I never said that anyone from VC said they were ripped off. Usually when you do a road show, you have product to get out in a timely manner. Unfortunately, for VC Palm decided that Sprint was more important than the early adopters from Treo Central and the Road Show attendees.

Again, I have to say it; Palm had no allegiance to VC at all. There were several channels including Palm themselves that had the units available before VC even had notification that their order (PARTIAL), would be shipping. I would be interested to know how many road show attendees that ordered a unit with the coupon have actually gone out and bought through a different channel?

Do not take it personally, (you know who you are), when we voice our opinion and proclaim our displeasure at how Palm has handled the Road Show fulfillment.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast