Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Not sure if it has been posted.....but HiLauncher by RNS Software has been updated for the Treo 650. The newest version is version 2.7. It now supports the 5-way Nav on the 650. center button can be used to launch apps.

More info here:

http://www.hilauncher.com/
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Cool. I wouldn't even want the T650 without this app. This is a must have app for me.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I would never buy anything from a website so ugly. Serioulsy. That has got to be one of the ugliest websites I have ever seen. I wanted to check out the program but the colors they use say GO AWAY!
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Quote Originally Posted by utey
    I would never buy anything from a website so ugly. Serioulsy. That has got to be one of the ugliest websites I have ever seen. I wanted to check out the program but the colors they use say GO AWAY!
    lol... you're right, the site is awful, but the app is great.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    looks like a cool app. I'll try it out as soon as I can see out of my right eye again. Man, what a website!
    Do you hear that HiLauncher? UGLY WEBSITE = NO SALES OF YOUR APP!

whatchagonnado?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Hi-Launcher is an absolute must have. I have been using it for over a year.

Ugly website = low overhead = low price for software

I use the "home" button to launch Hi-Launcher and have the first button within Hi-Launcher to go to home, if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevewaterman

I use the "home" button to launch Hi-Launcher and have the first button within Hi-Launcher to go to home, if need be.
    Just because it's ugly doesn't mean it's cheap. That just means that whoever designed it has horrible style & creativity. That's all.

I don't think the price would change with a better looking site either.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevewaterman

I mapped it to Home as well. If you press it twice, it will open Apps as well. This is a great application, I MUCH prefer it over the icon/tab based application launcher concepts. And great to be able to quickly toggle IR, BT (with BtToggle installed) and PCS Vision!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I am sure it is a fine app, but you have to wonder if the same person who designed the website also designed the app right? He could just sell the app through palmgear and save the hassle of desgining his own site...

I don't need a fancy webstie, just something readable. It cost the same on the web to use a white background as it does a burnt orange and green one.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Try the app. It works. Flawlessly, and very very well. You'll forget all about the website.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Can Hi-launcher be used to launch apps that have been moved to The SD card.
    This is critical for the 650, considering the memory constraints.
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602
    Can Hi-launcher be used to launch apps that have been moved to The SD card.
    This is critical for the 650, considering the memory constraints.
    yes it can
    Also, the developer is among the most responsive I have ever seen.
    Try it. You will wonder how you ever lived without it.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Ok you all sold me, I will try it.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Stop complaining about the web site design, for goodness sakes. Being a good Palm OS developer doesn't necessarily equate to being a good web designer and, in fact, the opposite is often true.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Am I the only one with non-working URLs in my Hi-launcher?

I emailed the authors--no response in a few days.

Error:

"No handler registered for this protocol!"

I've ensured that "Web" is my default 'browser' under Default Apps (in Prefs)...

Any clues?

$19.95 is sure to be sent to them if I can get this working.

p.s. I concur whole-heartedly about the Website. It's funny because I have never tried this program STRICTLY because the site was a turn-off. When TC members said it was good, I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt, and immediately adopted my own color scheme on the launcher. Thank goodness.

Thanks folks!
    It would be interesting to hear how this app compares to Z-Launcher which seems pretty solid. It has its own weird interface issues... but it is very configurable. Z-Launcher is not perfect however, I have not been able to move SnapperMail to the card and launch it with the "mail" button (it defaults to the truly wretched VersaMail). Comments ?
    Quote Originally Posted by hocus703
    Am I the only one with non-working URLs in my Hi-launcher?
    I emailed the authors--no response in a few days.

Error:
    "No handler registered for this protocol!"

I've ensured that "Web" is my default 'browser' under Default Apps (in Prefs)...

Any clues?
    Experiencing the same issues, but haven't contacted support yet.
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    After a clusterfart of problems, I've decided that LauncherX has been the cause of FAR too many problems. Getting rid of it, and cleaning up my interface with --just-- Hilauncher makes things work FINE.

The URL problem? It's not there when I don't have LauncherX.

Okay, yes, it took a hard reset because nothing was working and I was getting endless loops, but now I think I'm quite pleased with HiLauncher, and I'm heading over to their hideous site after I click "save changes" to purchase their software.

Damn, I hate being stupid--installing tons of software making other bits and pieces stop working.

Sigh. =)

*** OLD Post Follows ***
    I'm using a combination of LauncherX (with the 650 hack), and Hilauncher. I find it to be VERY suitable. LauncherX does exactly what I want with a nice-looking interface, and hiding and finding applications is easy.

Hilauncher is my replacement for McPhling which just wasn't customizable enough.

I'd say that with the standard apps screen, Power Run, and HiLauncher, you'd have a very good setup. Add Launcher X for browsing, and you'd be really well off.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by hocus703; 03/18/2005 at 03:23 AM. Reason: new discoveries