1.    #1  
    Having the screen display come on when the roaming mode changes is driving me crazy!

Please, PalmOne, give us the choice of keeping the display dark when roaming mode changes.

I know that this has been discussed before, but I am getting tired of people asking me what that glow is coming from my vest pocket.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    In Prefs, under Sounds and Alerts, do you have the "Service Tone" set to On or Off? Not sure what this does....don't have my book with me, and I haven't noticed mine doing what you said (I was in the back-woods of Tennessee Thanksgiving week when I got it), kept going into and out of roaming and standard, but didn't notice when it happened...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. Service Tone has always been set to "off"
    Yes this is a big issue for me as well. Especially @ night...it illuminates the entire cabin of my car and is very dangerous. I have to reach down and hit the end button continuously when I should fe focused on the road and oncoming traffic. This needs to be fixed.
    I have a simialr issue using Versamail. When I receive an in Email via Versamail, the screen also turns on for a few seconds. It might be a good way of knowing that mail has arrived, but I feel sure it hurts the battery life and certainly is annoying at when is does (esp at night).
    Quote Originally Posted by icewing
    In Prefs, under Sounds and Alerts, do you have the "Service Tone" set to On or Off? Not sure what this does....don't have my book with me, and I haven't noticed mine doing what you said (I was in the back-woods of Tennessee Thanksgiving week when I got it), kept going into and out of roaming and standard, but didn't notice when it happened...

If you think that the screen coming on and off is irritation, turn on the service tone and you will get that AND an obnoxious alert tone every time the phone changes from roam to sprint!! Def. leave it off!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out a solution to this. Just got my 650 and it's DRIVING ME NUTS!!! Is there a 3rd party solution to this?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Akula,

Which provider are you with & what's your ROM version? I seem to remember this happening with my Sprint 650, but it went away after upgrading to 1.08 (I think) or maybe 1.12.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I'm using a Sprint Custom Rom with 1.13a as the base for it.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Has anyone figured out a solution to this. Just got my 650 and it's DRIVING ME NUTS!!! Is there a 3rd party solution to this?
    Sounds to me like a feature that you could ask Rob to add to Butler.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?board=17.0
    http://www.peterwalker.com
    I have a Sprint Treo 650 and mine has never done that. I've roamed many, many times and the screen has never turned on when switching to or from roaming.